Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620931 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1500 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

If Im  not mistaken the cousin is undead.  I think they also do a thing if they kill their family member themselves.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 26, 2013, 02:49:40 am »

The cousin may be a werebeast or otherwise transformed. Put your adventurer into temporary retirement and check out legends mode. There might be an interesting story behind this.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 26, 2013, 09:11:18 am »

Is it possible to have a fat adventurer?  Just wondering, thought it would be cool to make Kingpin from Marvel Comics. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 26, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »

Is it possible to have a fat adventurer?  Just wondering, thought it would be cool to make Kingpin from Marvel Comics.
More than possible. Many of my adventurers ended up fat. Simply eat food more than the character exercises, I've done this by eating until I'm too full, fast travel 1 tile, eat until I'm full, rinse, and repeat.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:26 pm »

Most adventurers I've bothered to look at have been fat.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:05 pm »

I've noticed that when fighting a Troll with an Adventurer equipped with a Slashing weapon, I find it's best to slice through their Lower Bodies, because a good slice to the belly usually tears them in half. What's the reason for this? I assume it has something to do with the large amount of mass their lower body contains, as compared to the thinness of a blade.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 03, 2013, 02:29:18 am »

I'm assuming you mean night trolls (trolls are a very different, much larger cave-dwelling being with horns and cyan blood).

Yeah, they's tiny, I guess. Fast as hell and slippery, though, so you need to be pretty skilled to actually chop 'em in half.

blazing glory

« Reply #1507 on: October 04, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »

how come bogeymen are impossible to hit?   >:(

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 04, 2013, 06:52:31 pm »

They aren't  They are just small, like small dog small - and fast as the wind.  @ average or better skills you'll start hitting them.

I use them to train some.  I go to a village and sleep on tile from inside so they come out to play.  You can even use campfires to control their approach.  When you've had enough you run inside and hide.  Sometimes peasants/animals even see them and help!

At about proficient I hit them regularly.  I also try to knock them down first or grab them with a wrestle.

But, watch out.  They can score a lucky hit, and if one spawns with a horn you might get one-shotted.  Its fairly uncommon to see one with a horn, though.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 04, 2013, 11:12:17 pm »

They aren't  They are just small, like small dog small - and fast as the wind.

To be more specific, they have very high agility and are naturally talented in every unarmed combat skill including dodging. Basically, if you aren't a talented weapon user, you won't be guaranteed to hit them reliably, and if you're not a talented dodger/shield user, their attacks will have a decent chance of landing and doing damage to you. Being smaller doesn't appear to give any bonus to your ability to avoid being hit. It just increases the likelihood that when something bigger than you does hit you, you will go sailing into a tree and explode in gore due to the size difference :P (and if you're much smaller than an opponent they will have a significant advantage in any wrestling match; you won't be able to grab and lock onto them reliably, and you will be unable to break their grip on you. Wrestling skill does negate this partially, but a legendary wrestler kobold won't be pinning a cow.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 05, 2013, 01:53:10 am »

but a legendary wrestler kobold won't be pinning a cow.)

It'd be pretty funny to see one try though.

dragoon12

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 12, 2013, 03:41:54 am »

What are the best attributes for archery?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 12, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

What's the DFhack command to resurrect an adventurer? I'm just wondering because I've seen some screenshots and some other stuff with people saying that they revived their adventurer.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 13, 2013, 03:17:04 am »

What's the DFhack command to resurrect an adventurer? I'm just wondering because I've seen some screenshots and some other stuff with people saying that they revived their adventurer.

I got one right here.

To find your adventurer's ID, just use the "lua" command followed by this line:

Code: [Select]
print(df.global.world.units.active[0].id)
The number that appears is your adventurer's unit ID. After that, type (if you've saved that lua script as "revive.lua")  "revive (adventurer id)" to revive yourself. It may be wonky; I haven't tested it with adventurers.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 13, 2013, 03:39:08 am »

Does it work in arena mode?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 327