Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 619622 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2130 on: August 02, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »

Every time one particular save file I let it reach past a certain point past the day I'm on, the game crashes. which is annoying because I'm REALLY far in. checking the error file gives the message "succession traveler placed out of bounds" several dozen times. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.

Post a bug report about it on the bugtracker.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 02, 2014, 10:05:42 pm »

Done. Out of curiosity, anyone know how I can find the files storing my adventurer's personality and such? Or otherwise view this information?

Also: Am I the only one for whom mummies aren't rising from their coffins?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:37:30 am by random_odd_guy »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 03, 2014, 06:18:34 pm »

is there a way to direct which way you throw enemies(alive not bodies)

[EDIT] NVM saw shooks post on page 25 there is no way
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:28:15 pm by Lightningy »
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 03, 2014, 10:32:18 pm »

I went to a local dark fortress to go goblin-hunting. After wandering through the trenches, I found a couple of towers with a bunch of goblins at the top. Apparently, there's supposed to be a way to get to the underground part of the dark fortress, but I can't find any way down there. Where do I need to go?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

blazing glory

« Reply #2134 on: August 03, 2014, 10:38:29 pm »

To be fair,that was 3 years ago.

But yeah,right now you can't direct throws.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 03, 2014, 10:41:40 pm »

I went to a local dark fortress to go goblin-hunting. After wandering through the trenches, I found a couple of towers with a bunch of goblins at the top. Apparently, there's supposed to be a way to get to the underground part of the dark fortress, but I can't find any way down there. Where do I need to go?

Are you at the actual main fortress, or are you just looking around towers in the pits?

I don't know how deep the pits go, though some do have basements. But the main tower should have a more extensive underground portion somewhere. Expecially if the master is a demon, as there is a chance that the tower will go all the way down.

Sarlare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 04, 2014, 03:43:44 am »

Am I the only one that's had a disproportionate amount of goblins in every worldgen? Whenever I'm in adventure mode it seems like they hold vast amounts of territory and are always acting as the gypsies of human society. Not sure if this is an intended feature, but they generally outnumber any given civ by 5x the numbers.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:00 am »

To be fair,that was 3 years ago.

But yeah,right now you can't direct throws.
i really wish you could. i would toss them into a river. they get knocked out and drown. or into another enemy(if that is possible)
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 04, 2014, 09:02:52 am »

Am I the only one that's had a disproportionate amount of goblins in every worldgen? Whenever I'm in adventure mode it seems like they hold vast amounts of territory and are always acting as the gypsies of human society. Not sure if this is an intended feature, but they generally outnumber any given civ by 5x the numbers.
From what I've heard around the forums, goblins seem to be the dominant species right now, but it's not guaranteed. Right now I'm playing a world with barely any goblin activity while the dwarves are flourishing.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

nomnum

• Bay Watcher
  • Spayships
    • View Profile
    • Eighteen Pixels
« Reply #2139 on: August 04, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »

Hi.
Whenever I go to hamlets/towns, I can never find the wells! and all the rivers are frozen so I end up dying of thirst.

So my question is, are there any tips to finding wells in hamlets? Is there an icon for it in the town map?

Can you ask people for directions to wells?

Is there any other reliable source of water if all the following questions don't have an answer.

Thanks
One does not simply...
Manage a dwarven fortress.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »

Not all towns have wells.

But on the fast-travel map it should mention when you are near one, like it mentions castles, houses, and temples.

You can thaw ice and snow at campfires though.

Another source could be blood. Using the advanced item interaction menu (press 'shift' and 'i') you can fill your waterskin with pools of blood. Though they have to be pools, not smears or spatterings. I would also recommend not to use waterskins, as they hold very little. Just about every other container is better. A quiver can hold up to 20 units of water, for example.

Keep in mind, if water is frozen, then any wells you come across will likely be frozen as well though.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 05, 2014, 02:15:34 am »

I drank a vampire's blood repeatedly, yet did not become a vampire. I made him reveal himself, but his blood was still described as human blood, though his personal name included his vampire title after the reveal.

Yesd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 05, 2014, 12:24:13 pm »

SPOILERS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:57:41 pm by Yesd »

nomnum

• Bay Watcher
  • Spayships
    • View Profile
    • Eighteen Pixels
« Reply #2143 on: August 07, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »

Not all towns have wells.

But on the fast-travel map it should mention when you are near one, like it mentions castles, houses, and temples.

You can thaw ice and snow at campfires though.

Another source could be blood. Using the advanced item interaction menu (press 'shift' and 'i') you can fill your waterskin with pools of blood. Though they have to be pools, not smears or spatterings. I would also recommend not to use waterskins, as they hold very little. Just about every other container is better. A quiver can hold up to 20 units of water, for example.

Keep in mind, if water is frozen, then any wells you come across will likely be frozen as well though.

Thanks, the snow thawing technique is a huge life saver, I think Bay12 should implement some feature for locating wells (maybe asking townspeople or an icon on the compass).

Thanks again :)
One does not simply...
Manage a dwarven fortress.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 07, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »

Does claiming a site actually do anything?

If you find a high priest and savagely murder them can you be cursed by a deity in adventure mode?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 327