Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 316733 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Tales of sentient shields and blood loss
« Reply #2625 on: August 22, 2015, 02:51:08 pm »

Bah. I CAST FIST on hippo!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: August 22, 2015, 03:10:40 pm »

I am Cranky the Tanky! Just to be sure though, attack his head.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 22, 2015, 03:11:43 pm »

'ere we go boys, 'ere we go.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 22, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

Whoops. Actually do stuff this turn.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 22, 2015, 09:59:35 pm »

Eh, bahumbug.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 23, 2015, 05:17:18 am »

Right.
That did not work.

DO THE OTHER PREP THING! JUMP INTO BATTLE WITH HYDRA!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 23, 2015, 08:50:57 am »

"Well, this is going nothing like I thought it would!"

I think that keeper is trouble.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: August 27, 2015, 05:54:28 pm »

Point into Dex!
Go to the greenhouse room but avoid any combat because I need to regenerate my mana.
Oh, and focus pot!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:48:36 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 30, 2015, 03:28:49 pm »

PMs sent to those who still need to post an action

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 30, 2015, 04:50:09 pm »

"hehehehheeh im back!"

magic!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Hail Hydra!
« Reply #2636 on: August 31, 2015, 08:44:49 am »

Turn 128

I am Cranky the Tanky! Just to be sure though, attack his head.

[Cranky spd:2-1-1=0]
[Hippo spd:5]

The fight between the Murderous Hippo and Cranky continues, this time the diamond beast starts by charging at him:

[Hippo dex:4]
[Cranky dex:4]

But, fortunately for Cranky, he manages to dodge at the last moment, a hard diamond ear from the beast almost scratching his belly. Now this is his time to counter-attack, in the only fashion he can think of: punching.

[Cranky dex:1-1=0]
[Hippo dex:6]

But he is suddenly interrupted by the thought of punching something hard with his own hands. The hippo seems to see this as an opening and tries to head-butt him.

Counter-attack:
[Hippo dex:4-1=3]
[Cranky dex:4]

But this time Cranky snaps out of his deep and profound thoughts and evades the hippo, with marginally more space than last time.

Whoops. Actually do stuff this turn.

You stop your useless daydreaming and continue with your science:

[Pot:4]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:1]
You get a golden line, one which moves erratically until it twists into a pompom of golden glow.

[Pot:3]
You feel a light air current. How odd.

Another golden line which moves oddly, another twisted mass of magical golden lines with no meaning.

Nothing happens. Again.

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a genderless torso, which soon vanishes into thin air.

A brief and tiny flash of light brightens slightly the room, contrasting with the blue and purple lights of the Portal.

And that was another episode of Science! Stay watching for more episodes! What will Ali do in his next attempt? Will he finally fix his arm? Or will he just lick it until it is no more? Would it be possible for him to lose yet another limb? Answer these questions and more the next time you watch Science!

"hehehehheeh im back!"

magic!

You are back! Wait, where are you back from? Nevermind, you have to read bullshit words from this boring set of papers.

[Will:3+1=4]

You right hand flashes with light, and you find how it has become the edge of a rapier. A diamond rapier. Yet, you don't find any particular properties to it.

Right hand is a diamond rapier edge:
[Piercing weapon]
-1 dex to wrestling.
Can't dual wield.

The obsidian skull in the Arcane Room now is visibly open, and the wails and screams are growing in volume.

'ere we go boys, 'ere we go.

Point into Dex!
Go to the greenhouse room but avoid any combat because I need to regenerate my mana.
Oh, and focus pot!

"Well, this is going nothing like I thought it would!"

I think that keeper is trouble.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

The tribal fiend quickly leaves the room, opting for the NE hallway, and emits one of his roars:

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

On the same hallway, the stinger man is trying to interact with the elongated cardboard sheep. Yet you don't know what are they trying to do.

Meanwhile, the fight continues:

[Keeper spd:2-1=1]
[Derm spd:6+1=7]
[Thrakor spd:2]

Derm continues with his plan of slowly yanking Thrakor's mass away!

[Derm will:5]
[Thrakor will:6]

But this time Thrakor is far more prepared mentally, and so he repels the metaphysical onslaught on his very body. Well, time for the second part of this. He points at the Keeper:

[Derm pot:1+1=2]
But he only gets a spark of some octariney glow. Dammit!

Thrakor then, having recovered from Derm's failed assault, attempts to hack Derm to pieces!

[Thrakor dex:6+1=7]
[Derm dex:6+1=7]

And the molten axe almost connects, but Derm saw it coming at the last second and jumped away. That thing looks nasty enough to melt some biometal.

The Keeper smiles, as he was calmly observing all this. He then snaps out of his observation, and stabs the ground with both of his hands, and then attempts a pulling motion:

[Keeper will:2+2=4]
[Derm spd:5+1=6]
[Thrakor spd:5]

A circular wall of stone emerges around both combatants, but fortunately it does so without too much haste, allowing both Derm and The Shpess Whizahrd to escape before they are enclosed in it.

Visibly angry, the Keeper then tries to punch Thrakor:

[Keeper dex:6+1-1=6]
[Thrakor dex:3]

[Keeper str:1+1=2]

Thrakor tries to feint and evade to the other side, but the keeper realizes this and cuts his escape with a bakchand. Still, Thrakor's odd maneuver, despite being unsuccessful, destabilized the Keeper enough that the backhand barely had any strength behind it, and the slight bend on Thrakor's structure that it left was quickly rearranged due to the flowing quality of it.

It was at this point that Not Igor entered from the South, and decided to focus his magic powers dragon style:

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Right.
That did not work.

DO THE OTHER PREP THING! JUMP INTO BATTLE WITH HYDRA!

You attempt to do another thing, hoping that this time it becomes more useful than that annoying shield:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick, golden line appears, and it quickly transforms itself into one huge tower shield. With a flash of light, it materializes into solid steel, and falls to the ground. You grab it, and are pleased to find how it is lighter than what one would have normally thought for an element that size. Just as planned.

Big and light flesh-dissolving steel shield:
[Big Shield]
Deals one dissolving damage to flesh on contact.

"Hey! are you replacing me?" Sentient shield says, with his unusually large face made of little more than geometrical figures carved in the shield. It is a tad disturbing to find a living smiley face made out of steel and with a pair of legs talking to you, to say the least.

Still, you ignore that odd thing that you created just a few moments ago and say to the Guide that you choose the Hydra. Immediately afterwards, the thin coating of repulsive force in one side of the room disappears, and the wall opens, revealing a hallway.

"Please, go in." The Guide states emotionless.

You quickly obey, and as you go through the dimly illuminated hallway you hear the metallic steps of Sentient shield following you.

"Hey, I don't want to be left alone! Wait!"

"Unauthorized being detected. Engaging protocols..."

Perplexed, the Shield stopped in his tracks and looked at the floating head of the Guide, which was closely following you.

"Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

That was the only thing he managed to say before a hole in the ground opened, and it fell into the dark, not to be seen ever again.

You get the thoughts about the odd creature out of your mind, and hasten you walk. You arrive to a circular room, and you are asked to stay on the center of it.

"Please, don't move"

And as you try to listen to the guide, the floor beneath you opens, and you fall towards a flat rock platform, which appears to be in a chamber of perpetual darkness. Your fall is lessened by some repulsive force carefully placed near the ground, and you find that you are fortunately unharmed. The platform is unlit, and the only thing you can discern by now is that it appears to be circular, and quite spacious. But other than that, you only notice darkness, and maybe even a slight pulling force. You have the thought that the whole thing may be enclosed in that negative matter thing for protective measures. Before you can ponder on the idea, you are suddenly startled as the platform is illuminated by what appears to be lights buried on the extremes, equally distributed around the circumference of the platform.

On the edge, a creature of multiple limbs emits a deep growling sound, it seems that multiple animals are generating the sound at the same time, but in an unusually deep fashion. Three heads, one of a wolf, another of a bird of prey, and a third one which can only be described as a circle of teeth are staring at you, as a chimeric body of a lion, combined with tentacle limbs, is menacingly supporting all three heads at once. It is totally devoid of skin, but the muscles and tendons can barely be seen, as the body is covered in glowing purple tattoos, oddly and irregularly shaped. A purple rune, of a Möbius strip, is carved in the forehead (or rough equivalent) of each head.

Now, what will you do?

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Heil Hydra!
« Reply #2637 on: August 31, 2015, 08:57:55 am »

".............not agian......."

"Sigh....let's see....I can deal with this for a little while."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Hail Hydra!
« Reply #2638 on: August 31, 2015, 06:13:27 pm »

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Hail Hydra!
« Reply #2639 on: August 31, 2015, 06:22:27 pm »

Is that a mistake or do I still not have my full pot?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 197