Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 523989 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #1755 on: December 11, 2015, 11:47:33 pm »

Will the plague/ wind of death( or how that killing all non undead wind spell is called)  continue working and help my thug geared for EXTREME SURVIVAL, while this 10 hp old fat caster guy runs away trying not to fall down in mud with his face  because his ermorian toga is such an awesome thing for jogging?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 12, 2015, 01:32:18 am »

Oh and the temples are expensive but they give you fire gems. Only up to a certain amount, though I'm not sure what number it caps off at.
Wait so they stop giving you gems after you've gotten ten gems from ALL your temples, or each temple gives you a max of 10 gems?
Remember seeing a death version of that on Turland in the last NatGen game, so I'm pretty curious about this now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 12, 2015, 02:49:17 am »

You build 10 temples, you get 10 gems total; you build 9999 temples, you get 10 gems total.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 12, 2015, 03:21:16 am »

That doesn't sound very useful.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 12, 2015, 03:35:35 am »

You know the difference between MA Ermor and other MA nations ?
-400 gold +10 gems.
So basically the 10 gems of one of the types your nation needs are good. Really good.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 12, 2015, 08:00:58 am »

It's half the pyre (plus dom spread and +1 max dominion) for ~7.2k gold, no research, no gems investment, and no caster. That's not the most impressive thing in the world, but it's not exactly bad. More or less giving you a discount global that can only be dispelled piecemeal for something you'd be doing anyway.

The temples really are hella' expensive, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 12, 2015, 08:04:38 am »

It is also gem income that is not stealable (like a normal province is). It can only be removed by burning enough temples to the ground. (Nothing more frustrating than finding a few good sites in a province and losing the province to your arch nemesis the next turn).

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 12, 2015, 09:26:17 am »

Shrug. An extra ten gems per turn never hurt anyone. I'd rather have temples that create gems than temples that don't create gems. Besides I like to use soul contracts with Ragha, so I actually find it reasonably useful.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 12, 2015, 12:55:25 pm »

Will the plague/ wind of death( or how that killing all non undead wind spell is called)  continue working and help my thug geared for EXTREME SURVIVAL, while this 10 hp old fat caster guy runs away trying not to fall down in mud with his face  because his ermorian toga is such an awesome thing for jogging?

If it is the battlefield global, these usually stop when their caster is gone. (Fled, killed, banished). Don't remember what happens when you mind control them from the other team.

Any effects caused by the battlefield global do stay, but it will not generate any new effects. (So damage done stays, protections given to units stay, the dead stay dead etc, but no new damage will be done).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 12, 2015, 01:00:40 pm »

Stygian paths, how does it work, man?

I've just sent a lich with 100-odd soulless using that spell. The army benefited from +100% hp from the gift of health.
Now, the manual says units (all? most?) should be hit by a MR death attack (so, undead should be immune) and a 1 AN attack.
Still, 90% of the soulless perished, which is way too high for a mere statistical fluke.

Anyone knows anything more about the nuts and bolts of the spell? Had some experience?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 12, 2015, 02:17:29 pm »

If I had to guess, that would be due to how the nation was added later on in a patch. The manual came out earlier than the nation did and I suppose the manual wasn't updated if you don't see anything about Ragha in there.
Reminder that there's also a wiki.

http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Ragha_(Late_Ages)

It's not entirely complete, but for stuff you can't find in the manual it's generally your best bet.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 12, 2015, 03:15:01 pm »

Does attacking seraph actually make unit blind?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 12, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

Shrug. An extra ten gems per turn never hurt anyone. I'd rather have temples that create gems than temples that don't create gems. Besides I like to use soul contracts with Ragha, so I actually find it reasonably useful.

10 gems per turn sounds a lot better than 10 gems total.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 12, 2015, 03:21:49 pm »

Does attacking seraph actually make unit blind?
Yup. No clue if there's a resistance check or not, but the mod inspector definitely says they've got eyeloss on attackers, so anything that has a go at the blighters in melee has at least a chance of losing eyes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 12, 2015, 03:26:06 pm »

So it is just losing one eye? That is not serious. Does it stack with eye shield?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 236