Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New Succession Mod Thread  (Read 6943 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Succession Mod Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 04:03:00 pm »

here it is

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 07:48:46 pm »

Next person in line is Alfrodo who I've PMed a few times, but I think we should at least have a post here and then wait until some time tomorrow to move onto the next person.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 02:00:46 pm »

yeah, he's online & active on one of my threads, so he'll pronably post quite soon. Im on someone else's tablet, so might have to move me down a few spaces for a week
One wheel short of a wagon

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »

It seems we'll have to be skipping Alfrodo. Next up is stagnantSoul who I will be PMing right after posting this. If Alfrodo shows up before stagnantSoul then I'll let Alfrodo begin their otherwise skipped turn.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 08:59:53 pm »

Oh. Hi.  Didn't notice the PMs until now.

Never got one before.

Well. I guess I have something to do tonight.

I don't know much about DFhack, since I've never used it...

I might need some halps
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:02:22 pm by Alfrodo »
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 09:02:01 pm »

Never got one before.

So, did you lose interest in it as you said in the PM, or are you going to be modding?

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 09:03:15 pm »

Never got one before.

So, did you lose interest in it as you said in the PM, or are you going to be modding?

Things change, I looked around and noticed I was out of things to do.

I still have ideas, however. so I'm going to proceed.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 09:09:02 pm »

Quick question, I want to make it so my FB turns people into copies of itself.  Can I do this in DFhack?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »

Quick question, I want to make it so my FB turns people into copies of itself.  Can I do this in DFhack?
Do you mean megabeast? If so, then you wouldn't really need that, just make a normal transformation into itself. I think DFhack is already installed though for the purpose of being used for modding.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »

Do you mean megabeast? If so, then you wouldn't really need that, just make a normal transformation into itself. I think DFhack is already installed though for the purpose of being used for modding.

Its fine.  Originally I wanted to make a fedora monster that turns people into more fedora monsters, but I decided against it.

thanks, though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:51:34 pm by Alfrodo »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 05:18:23 pm »

Alright Alfrodo the time has come to upload your version of the mod. You can have some more time, but there might be skipping if you don't upload it by tomorrow. After Alfrodo is stagnantSoul, who hasn't showed up in the time it took for Alfrodo to finish despite being notified in several ways, and has been notified again yesterday. So if they don't report having downloaded the next version of the mod by a day after it's uploaded then we'll skip to NJW2000. Who asked 11 days ago to be delayed if their turn showed up next week, but hopefully its been long enough that they can mod if we have to skip stagnantSoul.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 05:43:03 pm »

Yeah, back to school and all is gonna be a bit of a shock to the ol system, but I should be able to do it, given a week.
One wheel short of a wagon

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »

Alright Alfrodo the time has come to upload your version of the mod. You can have some more time, but there might be skipping if you don't upload it by tomorrow. After Alfrodo is stagnantSoul, who hasn't showed up in the time it took for Alfrodo to finish despite being notified in several ways, and has been notified again yesterday. So if they don't report having downloaded the next version of the mod by a day after it's uploaded then we'll skip to NJW2000. Who asked 11 days ago to be delayed if their turn showed up next week, but hopefully its been long enough that they can mod if we have to skip stagnantSoul.

My contribution is pretty small and I don't really have much of a megabeast, just a rediculously oversized elf that tries to stomp you.

I'm just adding a handful of reactions, a few weapons, hats, the like.  I'll finish up and put it up on dropbox in a little bit.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 10:30:05 pm »

After testing the mod, it occurred to me that I have no idea what I was doing.

Either way.  I added some weapons, armour, and a hat.  I'm not sure how to get my MB working.  But I'll keep trying. I'll get a DB up tomorrow.

Unfortunately, as a side effect of me not knowing what I am doing:  I put my mods into the vanilla raws, meaning you'd have to search for them.  My armor and helmet bits are easy to find, and my MB is in Creature_Fanciful. 

Also, this is definitely not a dump of the mods I've coded out of boredom and put into one text file for storage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:40:50 pm by Alfrodo »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »

After testing the mod, it occurred to me that I have no idea what I was doing.

Either way.  I added some weapons, armour, and a hat.  I'm not sure how to get my MB working.  But I'll keep trying. I'll get a DB up tomorrow.

Unfortunately, as a side effect of me not knowing what I am doing:  I put my mods into the vanilla raws, meaning you'd have to search for them.  My armor and helmet bits are easy to find, and my MB is in Creature_Fanciful. 

Also, this is definitely not a dump of the mods I've coded out of boredom and put into one text file for storage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So it's, a bit past tomorrow. Are you having trouble uploading or did you just forget? Also, NJW2000, you said you'd be okay given a week, does that mean, given a week starting a few days ago, or that the week that was already given was enough? If not then I supposed we'll delay your turn until after Teneb's who I'll message if you clarify the meaning as needing to wait a bit more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4