Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 4243 times)

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 08:25:29 pm »

Other dwarven settlements seem to keep you from getting sieged. I didn't see a goblin for years then they knocked over this one particular settlement and suddenly I was drowning in them, literally, giant sieges every year, more corpses than I could ever haul to the magma sea before the next siege hit. They should probably be allowed to work on more sites at a time, at least in terms of snatchers and ambushes, or maybe favour player settlements, as gamey as that is.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »

Other dwarven settlements seem to keep you from getting sieged. I didn't see a goblin for years then they knocked over this one particular settlement and suddenly I was drowning in them, literally, giant sieges every year, more corpses than I could ever haul to the magma sea before the next siege hit. They should probably be allowed to work on more sites at a time, at least in terms of snatchers and ambushes, or maybe favour player settlements, as gamey as that is.
Better to favor it in terms of wealth.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 10:12:11 pm »

more corpses than I could ever haul to the magma sea before the next siege hit
Just build a surface atom-smasher to backup your main incinerator.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 05:46:52 pm »

Depends how much those giant forgehalls inflate the site value of other sites. You might end up with the same problem.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 05:43:23 am »

Depends how much those giant forgehalls inflate the site value of other sites. You might end up with the same problem.
Assuming wealth is even calculated for other sites. Maybe a multiplier by their site pop could be used for them instead, with the sites becoming less appealing with more casualties (corresponding to the site needing to be rebuilt.)

In any case, it at least lets us do something about it (create prepared meals and artifacts.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 04:09:46 am »

In future we'll hopefully be getting some more direct ways to attract their attention.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 [2]