Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 768440 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #1845 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:29 pm »

There's a region called the Submerged Desert.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:00 am »

There's a region called the Submerged Desert.
Maybe it was a desert once, then got submerged?

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 09, 2011, 10:40:22 pm »

a Male Hydra, named Srachlufrus the Hairy Sacks.

'Nuff said.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 10, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

My adventurer is named Moldath Tallring. Sounds decently regal, I guess. Then I kill a few night creatures.
I'm now Moldath Tallring the Creamy Carnality of Sparkles.

Eeeeurgh. Sometimes I think the RNG is a little... less than random...

EDIT: Night creature mate #999,999,999 kicked my head in. Moldath is no more. Possibly for the better.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:57:32 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 10, 2011, 08:02:54 pm »

Reminds me of someone around here whose Militia Commander got stuck with the moniker, 'Libash Paddleweakens The Twinkling Shower of Prairies'
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Destructios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:34 pm »

An outlaw by the name of Fritza Warlobster.

War Lobsters.... I wonder....

Update - I just began an adventure with Sanera Beardsparkle... who is an elf.

One of my friends said we should selectively breed lobsters until they were large enough to ride and ride them into battle.  Shells for armor and pincers for weapons t hat can cut people in half.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 15, 2011, 12:24:31 am »

How about the tiny "The Big Colorless Forest" directly adjacent to the thrice larger "The Simple Forest"

Game crashes when I try to prepare the world to play of course ::)

So how about "The Infamous Continent", humorous because a large portion of it's terrain is actually evil-aligned. RNG did something that makes sense.
The other 3/4 of the large region is "The Continent of Tails", and although it contains one of the biggest evil regions I've ever seen, a massive mountain range covering most of the north-west corner, it contains more neutral-aligned biomes than evil or good, and thus has a boring name.

"the unnameable winter", an evil tundra.
"The Stupid Trite Tundra", adjacent, also evil tundra.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:40:21 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
« Reply #1852 on: June 15, 2011, 06:15:09 am »

The first time I played adventure mode, I made a guy named "Tokenup Dankweeds, The Smooth Purple Smoke-Slayer of Bitches"

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 15, 2011, 04:33:22 pm »

"The Continent of Blueness". It was more green then blue...

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 16, 2011, 04:57:56 am »

"The Continent of Blueness". It was more green then blue...

It's blue, because it's not easy being green. Now to find out if it plays blues as well.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 16, 2011, 04:58:31 am »

I was JUST ambushed while on my way to kill my first Roc. It's not the first time it happened, I got the quest ages ago but somehow an ambush happens halfway through to the lair and I lose most of my companions.

Anyway, my hero, Etru Poemwanders the Bravery of Courage (random names FTW) is trekking across the snowy mountain, with cold feet, lugging an injured pump operator behind her, when she spots the elves trying to not be seen. She only has time to groan in frustration before their leader shouts: "HALT IN THE NAME OF THE STUPID CURSE" before her partners move out to deal with the threat. Then the elves, dressed in different uniforms, seemed to notice each other... And proceed to hack each other apart.

ಠ_ಠ

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 16, 2011, 12:09:50 pm »

I was JUST ambushed while on my way to kill my first Roc. It's not the first time it happened, I got the quest ages ago but somehow an ambush happens halfway through to the lair and I lose most of my companions.

Anyway, my hero, Etru Poemwanders the Bravery of Courage (random names FTW) is trekking across the snowy mountain, with cold feet, lugging an injured pump operator behind her, when she spots the elves trying to not be seen. She only has time to groan in frustration before their leader shouts: "HALT IN THE NAME OF THE STUPID CURSE" before her partners move out to deal with the threat. Then the elves, dressed in different uniforms, seemed to notice each other... And proceed to hack each other apart.

ಠ_ಠ
Invent a printing press, make some tickets and sell them to any dwarf who wants to see!

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 17, 2011, 01:57:52 am »

Turns out I was brained by bogeymen awhile attempting to flee the scene after I realized that the lair was completely encase in a mountain range. I was going to find a dwarf or goblin tunnel into it... To late now.
« Reply #1858 on: June 18, 2011, 01:14:16 am »

Problem, name?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 18, 2011, 05:05:47 am »

Randomly generated the name, "Gosh Tiredquested"

Dude must really hate adventuring.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 238