Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Roll to Quest: Land of the Crate.  (Read 12561 times)

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest: Land of the Crate.
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2024, 07:05:22 pm »

Gnwbimbar attempts to sabotage the legs of one of the buzzsaw bots.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2024, 07:14:33 pm »

Terinas jumps on a buzzbot
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2024, 04:14:00 pm »

((IO and Sy, need actions for Xin and Noodles. Ahrian, Gnwbimbar, and Terinas have their actions already in.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2024, 08:31:43 pm »

Wave cheerfully at the sawbot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2024, 04:06:56 pm »

((I wasn't aware the game stopped being dead.))

Wait, I guess.  I forget what I was thinking, and I don't really understand what's happening.
Wave cheerfully at the sawbot.

The elevator reaches the bottom, where a passage with metal walls comes into view, ending in a T-junction not too far from the elevator itself.  You can hear the hum of machinery here, and the walls are marked by long coloured lines.  Leading to/away from the elevator are red, gray, and yellow lines, standing out on the painted white metal walls.  The wall of the T-junction ahead has yellow, red, and orange lines.

In addition to the horizontal lines, there is a vertical band running all the way around the tunnel.  This one is blue, and it wraps around the entire wall, although the portion of it on the floor is somewhat scuffed out.

The damaged missilebot, still carrying Xin and Noodles, begins lurching down the hallway, slowly.  The buzzsaw bot brings out it's buzzsaws, but before it can put them to use..

Terinas jumps on a buzzbot

Terinas engages.

(7+4  = 11)(11 vs 11+4) (2+3)

Unlike the incredibly passive missile bot, the sawbot fights back.  Terinas jumps and gives it a good smash with the speartip, rocking it back and making it sway, off-balance for a moment.  One of the buzzsaws comes out from the left and prevents any follow-up, as Terinas manages to hold up, staying out of reach.

Clearly this robot is both more dangerous, but also much more lightly built than the metal brick that is the missile bot.  It's lighter, less armoured, and with thinner skin and joints.  It remains a robot, however.

Outside the elevator, up on the ground..

Gnwbimbar attempts to sabotage the legs of one of the buzzsaw bots.

(1+2)
(10)(11)

(8 vs 7+4)

Currently without reserve pants, the gnome looks around quickly for something to sabotage the buzzsaw bot further with, quickly finding a stick on the ground.  Leverage!  However that saying goes, surely a stick in the right place can gum up the works.

Unfortunately, wooden sticks are ineffective against robots designed to murder trees with speed and precision.  Gnwbimbar takes a serious cut as the stick breaks, the above-ground sawbot ignoring the distraction and going for the small creature.  One short, but painful and ragged cut later, Gnwbimbar escapes melee.  Fortunately, the sawbot is not a grappler.

(11)(9)

Ahrian closes the gap, bounding over the open field and making good time.  She can help Gnwbimbar or engage the aboveground sawbot this turn.

Spoiler: Ahrian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terinas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gnwbimbir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noodles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2024, 03:11:09 am »

Flicking motes of flame spool down my tails as I Attempt to use flame magic, aimed at the bot's visual sensors, to overheat them and blind it.
"Why are we even fighting?!"

Spoiler: Ahrian (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2024, 07:51:46 pm »

"Have at ye, ruffian!"

Leap onto the sawbot and do glorious battle!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2024, 04:46:34 pm »

Terinas stabs at a saw, attempting to jam it.
"Just. Need. To. Unbalance. It"
she/her

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2024, 01:16:24 pm »

"Are you quite certain you want to attack it?  I expect we have some element of safety, as long as we're atop its ally.  That, and these machines seem to be acting largely in defense."

Yeah, screw it, continue to sit and wait.  Look non-hostile, but do dodge if attacked, and only then counterattack.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Today at 02:31:10 am »

Move away from the sawbot
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]