Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bringing it down to Arkoth.(Treatyscar barony succession fort.) (40d)  (Read 1207 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn it all! the most feared town in the mountain homes, loaded with giant bats, rats, ratmen, mole dogs and all that other shit scaring the migrants away.The scoundrel (The town manager) assured us after solon the trader died, we'd never have a noble. You could say Deler copperwhips, the mayor, is a noble, but she has kept a hold on the election from year two. About eighty dwarves later and some goblins ripped to bits, the baron came with the rest of his crew. Now the fort stands divided, baron's supporters, and the people against him. Hows this going to play out? No one can tell, but you, the players!But, the fates also seem to have their eyes staring down this fort. The supporters of the goddess of nightmares have all died, or are eternally miserable. A family of six is currently dying because the champion father stepped to close to the goblin ambush.
Site features: Chasm, under water statue stash, brook, deadly wildlife,river, valley (the fort is in the basin in the valley.), and a hell of a lot of mountain.
Modding: Before you get the save, you should add the [SHARP] tag to quartzite.

Deities: Uris The Lurid strap, god of muck. One of the more prevalent religions. Plans of building a temple have been whispered through the halls.Shuck, god of wealth and jewels.Solon Fathudar, the trader worshipped him. During his life, hundreds of gems were found. Now the gems are become evermore rare and some are starting to talk of a curse. Rodir, god of revenge and the deity of the baroness.Dalzat the distraction of recreation, god of games.Ikud Coppercanyons, god of valor, war, fortresses,day,the sun,fire,volcanoes,mountains,caverns and earth. The site of the fortress is rumoured to be Ikuds holy land, especially after some dwarves seeing Ikud has blessed this land in the copper in the mountain side.Rash licebudded, goddess of rebirth,death,deformity,and disease.Most often depicted as the sister of the nightmare god.Figul Thunderdooms, the nightmare god.Sister of Rash in the dwarven mythology.Rungak, god of fish.Munest Cleared suns, god of silence.Uker, mussel goddess of travelers and oceans. /it's questionable on how the worship of Uker began, because there is a complete and total lack of mussels in the mountain homes.Abden Searcombat the squeezing spikes, god of Chaos.A god with very few followers, also related to the nightmre god, and abhored by Ikud Coppercanyons. (let me know if I missed any.)
(if no animal was mentioned, the god was represented as a dwarf.
One hundred fourteen dwarves, submit a nickname, allegiance, job, and deity.

You guys can divide the populous up with allegiance, build temples, and whatever the hell else. This is your playroom.
Turns are a year long.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:03:40 pm by blackmagechill »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm capping off the population too, so you don't have to worry about migrants straining the game and more than it already is.
I'm also turning of temp. and weather. Remember to do so, or ask for a raw and init inclusive download. The pop cap is 144 and the children baby cap is 0, so tell us if you change either.EDIT: How do I upload a folder to megaupload?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:01:48 pm by blackmagechill »

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: How do I upload a folder to megaupload?
Put it into a .zip or .rar, voila  8)

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, count me in.

Dorf: Reik Tallstones
Allegiance: The Baron
Job: Architect/Mechanic
Deity: Ikud Coppercanyons

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Done and done. I'm assuming you also want a slot in the succesion? The game starts in the mid summer, and That's around goblin season, so you might have an issue with that.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Intro, it introduces three of the main players in the fort. The scoundrel used to be a con-man, and suffered brands and shavings for his crimes.

Deep within the mountain home of Treatyscar the voice of Kol Shamannish, Echoed throughout  the copper pipes from his bedroom.

“Hello ladies, gentleman. This is an announcement from your manager, Kol Shamannish. The baroness has arrived. With her, she has brought her husband and the two horsemen of  Armok: The hammerer Cog Zasvush and the tax collector Mafol Shorashstakud.” His voice crawled through the pipes, dry, crackling and raspy, like the dying breath of a man. You could almost hear the brand of the ‘C’ on his tongue for swindling fortunes.

While some dwarves cheered and hugged, many were disgruntled and angry.

“Bloody hell! That bitch needs to get tossed into a raid!” Screamed Obok the miner.

“As if this place wasn’t fucked up enough, without Solon dying, the nightmare god employing giant goddamned bats, and whatever hell else to fuck with the fort, now we have a handful of crazy bastards running the halls and telling us what to do!” Obok ranted to his wife, Olon, also a miner.

Obok swung his copper pick, almost worn down to a nub, into the diorite, smashing out a boulder. Olon continued the same. They were carving out the nobles quarters.

“I’m angry too honey, but you still have to remember not to do anything serious. That hammerer has a steel hammer with our names on it.” Sh pushd their son, Dishmab, down out of her hair.

“Things can’t get worse.” Obok said in a low tone.

“Not so sure Obok.” Ducim, a mason, had came down to start the walls.

“How are you so sure?” Obok said in an annoyed tone.

“The baroness is here to help. Unfortunately, she can’t help with what’s rumored to be on it’s way here. It is Hematite the 13th.” Ducim said in a cool voice.

Hematite the 15th was the day a goblin weapon master had been cooked alive in a copper cage and the  head sent over the pass to the goblin tower from the furthest edge of Treatyscar’s territory.

“The goblins aren’t are problem. Our problem is going to get gold statues cast, rip weapons from our soldiers hands, and have innocent dwarves slaughtered because we didn’t make a damn bar of soap.” Said Obok, driving his pick into a Wall of diorite.

Somewhere else, a voice laughed. It came from the bottom of the chasm. It was Searedcombats, god of Chaos, with his sisters rash and Figul, goddess of nightmares.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bio for Reik Tallstones, and adding to the allure of the mountain. Why is no one signing up!?

Reik Tallstones was always one of the quiet sort. Never really was outgoing, went to worship everyday, and operated furnaces. Then, while trudging into the cavernous mountain home of the walls of partnering, she noticed a paper  tacked to the board in the square. She read it, and it told tale of a famous outpost, treaty scar, which was a political anomaly. It was said the king put it in those mountains in hopes of attracting goblin aggressions and keeping it from the walls. It was also a place rumored to be home to the undergods and goddesses of the Walls of Partnering mythology. But these parts were skimmed through by Reik. What caught her eye was it was rumored to be the holy land of Ikud, possibly reminiscent of the legendary sword of Ikud, forged in copper, edged with steel, iron, gold, platinum and silver. It was rumored to be spiked with the gems of a thousand kobold hoards. And the baronness said that she would begin the quest for it. At this, Reik ran home and packed her clothes. She ran the complex she lived in and dove out the entrance to the walls. She dove out into the sunlight, fighting back the urge to vomit and sped towards treatyscars, the land of giant bats, rats and titans.