Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 53489 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #840 on: July 16, 2023, 11:20:06 am »

Allright. Just stay safe.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #841 on: July 16, 2023, 02:37:44 pm »

Stay safe. Or don't stay, to be safe.

In any case, consider that Bay 12 is yet on HTTP, without the S. I don't know what tapping of the lines is done in Russia, or to what resources they have to enact this law and others like it, but this is a tappable line.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 16, 2023, 03:39:32 pm »

If it's worth talking about, it's worth doing away from public (so to speak) spaces. Stay safe, do what you have to.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 16, 2023, 10:06:35 pm »

Stay safe. Or don't stay, to be safe.

In any case, consider that Bay 12 is yet on HTTP, without the S. I don't know what tapping of the lines is done in Russia, or to what resources they have to enact this law and others like it, but this is a tappable line.
They don't really do this on Western websites especially obscure ones lol. I don't use local social media.

Please stop worrying about me. Pisses me off. I'm staying no matter what.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 16, 2023, 10:11:26 pm »

Oh God, he also PMed me with that cringe shit. Just leave Russia! It's that easy. I'm leaving when I have to and if I felt I was in more danger than I was before then I'd have already done so.

Yall honestly fuck off from me and KT with this, we know EXACTLY what to do and when and it comes across as patronizing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:19:20 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 18, 2023, 09:08:45 am »

New Study Confirms Extremely Low Regret Rates for Gender-Affirming Surgery

99.7% satisfaction over several years and almost 2000 participants.  Not at all surprising, but a convenient link to share with the open-minded. Or to refute the hateful lies people and bots spam incessantly.

SRS isn't a priority for me... Although it is the biology I tend to have in my dreams, so maybe it's something I'll want eventually. I'm still more focused on my face... Home-IPL, which seems to be having gradually more long-term effect even when I skip a week.  Supposedly it'll get rid of the beard shadow eventually, and in the meantime a little concealer works great.

I look nice today, even maskless, and that's happening more and more. It'll surprise me when I glance at a mirror and... not mind what I see!  It's not feminine but it's not so masc either, it kinda looks... Me. :)

I remember when my whole concept of gender was "not having this face". No euphoria, only dysphoria. I've come such a long way :)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 18, 2023, 10:28:32 am »

99.7% satisfaction over several years and almost 2000 participants.  Not at all surprising, but a convenient link to share with the open-minded. Or to refute the hateful lies people and bots spam incessantly.
It is not exactly what the article says. It says that 99.7% didn't transition back and\or didn't request surgery to undo their GAS.

Accepting the result and not trying to partially undo it is not the same as being satisfied with it.

Saying that, 0.03% detransition rate indicates good diagnosis accuracy.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 18, 2023, 11:37:03 am »

True, but the article does say that the 99.7% also expressed satisfaction. If true (I think the study is paywalled?) They both expressed satisfaction *and* declined to detransition.
I get the confusion though because that is two different data. Datum? Things
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 18, 2023, 01:10:51 pm »

True, but the article does say that the 99.7% also expressed satisfaction. If true (I think the study is paywalled?) They both expressed satisfaction *and* declined to detransition.
I get the confusion though because that is two different data. Datum? Things

Well, journalists often misrepresent actual scientific articles. I always seek the original, luckily this one is not paywalled (at least for me. Sometimes it wary by country)

https://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Fulltext/2023/07000/Regret_after_Gender_Affirming_Surgery__A.41.aspx 

That article has very few numbers and is mostly about how to deal with regret\prevent regret\mitigate regret.

The only mentioned hard data is out of their 1889 patients who underwent GAS, 6 changed their minds later + they give some info on who wanted reversal (interestingly, 5 out of 6 are AFAB.). While this data is not irrelevant, it is not exactly some kind of a nationwide study. It does indicate that OHSU is responsible and accurate in its diagnosis of gender dysphoria.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 19, 2023, 06:32:57 am »

Edit: Uh got a weird server error, wrong thread

Although I do want to comment on that data when I finally get home tomorrow. Thanks for linking it, the link in the article is confusing (only on mobile?). The dataset is a bit different than I expected. It still seems to represent almost total satisfaction, but it's just surprising. The AMABs are all NB, for example? I want to look more.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 06:40:32 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 04, 2023, 11:29:10 pm »

I want to cry, but I can't quite do it.
(that's the entire message, really)
I tried a HRT that's 1/4 the concentration, but doesn't have castor oil.
Which meant I had to take 4x as much

I had an allergic reaction and was a total shithead for a bit, but I was smart enough not to message my enemies.
as much as I wanted to
That was yesterday.  Today I felt far better, better than I usually have with sublinguals.

I'm trying not to think about how deficient my local PP is about someone like me who needs such a high dose.  (Most people don't need nearly so much).

I'm special.  I also make less testosterone than most women.
That's reassuring <3

... I will be okay.  I have reasonable courses of action.  At least two things to try, next week.

And if I didn't...?
I would try anyway.  I didn't like living.  Now, I do.
I will do anything to make sure I retain this feeling.

I will do ANYTHING to retain this feeling.

"Death before detransition" is sometimes a threat, sure.  But it's also literal.  I will do whatever it takes to continue enjoying life.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 07, 2023, 07:03:19 pm »

I was fine the next day, and I'm still doing fine the day before my trough.
Maybe I shouldn't leave such emotional thoughts here, but they're real... and I'm frustrated with the lack of institutional support for HRT information.

These things are hidden from us.  Deliberately.
Why?

Anyway- I have alternatives planned for the next time, and I'm doing fine.  Great, actually.  I love not having to take sublinguals constantly (low BMI increases the amount of estrogen needed)
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #852 on: August 08, 2023, 06:10:49 am »

Might not be hidden, HRT is a young therapy so could just be that there aren't institutions in your area with that info yet

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #853 on: August 08, 2023, 06:53:14 am »

[...] and I'm frustrated with the lack of institutional support for HRT information.

These things are hidden from us.  Deliberately.
Why? [...]

There's something to be said about healthcare quality and gaps in the medical education of personnel, rather than deliberation, but honestly that likely chalks down to some kind of transphobia either way, just in the ways topics are (de)prioritized. It's not a very exciting answer. And as for those who carry the transphobic agenda, which might affect healthcare through societal pressure (I don't know how that is in North Carolina, here in Sweden we had hormone blockers restricted for teens the other year, for largely outside pressure reasons), their driving force plain hatred, and you can't really make sense of hatred.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 08, 2023, 06:55:02 am »

Might not be hidden, HRT is a young therapy so could just be that there aren't institutions in your area with that info yet
It's... been around for about a half a century, and used pretty regularly for better than twenty years. Not sure if young is the right word for that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69