Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit *get the first view of the program*  (Read 33815 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit *get the first view of the program*
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2012, 08:44:43 pm »

Huge in the sense that wireless internet is huge.

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2012, 09:05:04 pm »

LOL! I think he meant in popularity. Which is true. it will be the silver colossus of modding tools.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

IF it ever gets done that is. *sigh* I such so much at coding.

Just remembered, I'll not be having Internet problems. Not that I'm getting my new connection any faster but at least I won't be loosing what I now have. I'm quite happy about that. I can't really live without it anymore I'm afraid.

EDIT: Wait, wireless internet is huge? What? Really? Wireless is pretty crap and so insecure. I'll never go back to that now that I know just how bad it is. I wouldn't want to use it unless everything I sent was encrypted.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:40:27 pm by Vandala »
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

ccoolleeiiss

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome, goblins, to the seige kill...waiting room
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:15 pm »

god, i hope you finish this soon. i suck at modding dwarf fortress no matter how hard i try. just you even trying this makes you deserving of a medal. thank you.

P.S. please get it working on windows :)
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2012, 05:47:48 am »

No progress? Dead Project?:( Damn and i wanted to try it out...

ccoolleeiiss

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome, goblins, to the seige kill...waiting room
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »

No progress? Dead Project?:( Damn and i wanted to try it out...

no! I refuse to belive it!
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

medikohl

• Bay Watcher
  • Goblins are a good building material
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2012, 12:31:56 am »

I know for a fact Vandala didn't just disappear.  I keep seeing posts in the Starfarer forums. (I've been doing sprite art for that)
I can imagine a bunch of  monks making a pilgrimage to a holy mountain, only to discover that it isn't there anymore.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2012, 07:16:24 am »

Wow, haven't bin here in a long time.

No the project isn't exactly dead, but its also not really alive either.

Its in a rather grotesquely undead state right now. It exists, it is not forgotten, but no work is being done.

The truth is I'm a little addicted to Starfarer right now and haven't done any work on what I ought to be doing. Which is coding for dwarf fortress.

*hangs head in shame* I'm sorry.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:56 pm »

Ah well, hopefully you will start to work on this tool sooner or later. The community really needs a decent mod creator IMO. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »

Ah well, hopefully you will start to work on this tool sooner or later. The community really needs a decent mod creator IMO. :)

>_>
<_<

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2012, 08:44:32 pm »

No....
If this gets completed as a full program that does all the modding for you... It'll be the fall of real modders and DF will get spammed with crap (Like my mod, or like how Minecraft has an infinite number of mods written)
I'm sorry for being negative, it's just, DX DF Shouldn't get spammed with crap mods that only add 1-2 creatures, nor should it get spammed with infinite numbers of total conversions.

But, to make you feel better about the situation, good luck writting it. I hated Python. I got pretty good at it, and realized it sucked. Imo it's GUI support sucks. Its IDE was nice, the language's syntax was very nice, but no one really used it. (For what I need)
Idk, that's just my opinion.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »

No....
If this gets completed as a full program that does all the modding for you... It'll be the fall of real modders and DF will get spammed with crap (Like my mod, or like how Minecraft has an infinite number of mods written)
I'm sorry for being negative, it's just, DX DF Shouldn't get spammed with crap mods that only add 1-2 creatures, nor should it get spammed with infinite numbers of total conversions.

But, to make you feel better about the situation, good luck writting it. I hated Python. I got pretty good at it, and realized it sucked. Imo it's GUI support sucks. Its IDE was nice, the language's syntax was very nice, but no one really used it. (For what I need)

I... don't think that'll happen.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

No....

I... don't think that'll happen.
Maybe(hopefully not) it wont. But do you see the risk here? Think of it like Nazi scientists performing controlled tests that turn creatures into a zombified form. It might not happen, but one *could* get out and then it's a zombie(crap mod) apocolypse.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04:14 pm »

And the debate begins, Personally This might be good for freshmen. But could hinder some more custom options that a advanced modder can do with a simple WP, Heck I use Notepad still. For these reasons

1. My computer has a thing for making all text Italics which means all fancy WP suffer this fate 'But' Notepad.
2. Notepad lacks a "Let me guess what you're trying to drag and select, Oh there is a "]" let me grab that for you, oh an empty space I'll get that for you" No I know what I want to select by dragging don't need to AI assuming crap.
3. I'm cool like that. (Not really I just like Notepad)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2012, 02:50:01 pm »

No....

Ok seriously wtf?  :o .. It's like you will be forced to download any mods created with this or any other toolkits.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10