Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Everlasting Plane  (Read 4733 times)

CyberCube

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: The Everlasting Plane
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 11:18:24 pm »

The only thing I can think of an inexperienced shield user surrounded by foes doing is passing out and dying. Or getting his shield skill up, maybe. Hmm, I notice quite a few dead dwarves around you in that picture. Did they all jump on him at once and tire him out? You said you had no chance of defeating him "in his best condition"...

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »

Yea, harder to guess than i thought ;D
But he over-exerted and wasn't able to fight back as well. Then i got lucky on a battered body hit, breaking his spine.

Not quite as epic as the axedwarf who bit the skeletal titan. Priceless.

Tsktac

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the fish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 01:48:49 pm »

Wow... just wow.  You zerg rushed a skeletal titan,with a sheild,using a company of meatshields,underground,until even this undead foe got tired?  You sir have won dwarf fortress.

CyberCube

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 06:52:34 pm »

Objection!

That was the shield-wielding cyclops. Meaning the skeletal titan is probably still alive. Well, at least it doesn't have a shield.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:51 pm »

Nope, I've managed to kill them all, and will be moving on to a new world once i commit gobbo genocide. ;D

Tsktac

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the fish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 10:38:46 pm »

Objection!

That was the shield-wielding cyclops. Meaning the skeletal titan is probably still alive. Well, at least it doesn't have a shield.

Objection, Conjecture... ummm, Objecture!!!
The defendant may still officially "win" Dwarf fortress if he encounters and destroys five(5) skeletal goblin weaponmasters and/or any type of undead demon according to the urist v.s. cog  trial in granite of 985, the age of legends.
But really I must have misread the thread because I thought yougiedeggs beat a skeletal titan with a sheild.
P.s. That conjecture line is actually from a tv show.  You win a cookie if you guess which ;D.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 11:12:37 pm »

Indeed. The cyclops had a shield. I lucked out with the over-exert, or I never could have killed him.

The skeletal titan was a wuss compared to that.

Just to give you an idea, I couldn't expect anyone to read this whole mess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 05:08:25 pm »

Indeed. The cyclops had a shield. I lucked out with the over-exert, or I never could have killed him.

The skeletal titan was a wuss compared to that.

Just to give you an idea, I couldn't expect anyone to read this whole mess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Didn't read all that, but it looked bad up until you broke the thing's back. Who lived, besides the marksdwarf?

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 06:07:56 pm »

Survivors were me(duh), one marksdwarf, who was crawling all around in a feeble attempt to follow me while he was concious, and the speardwarf, who only suffered a broken head, and broken arm, i think.
 The speardwarf isn't in there much, because after he was wounded, he ran like a little girly dwarf.
I take that back, half the attacking force was made up of female beards, and they actually fought to the bitter end. What a wuss.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 11:46:19 pm »

i once had a similar senario... i had modded in a few races and removed a few tags here and there, so i doubt you could reproduce it, but i ended up with
years 1 to 30: age of Hydra and Demon
years 31 to 270: age of mabdug (who named the Hydra after ale?)
years 271 to 300: age of Hydra and Demon.

acording to Legends, i now had a zombie Spirit of Fire running around, rivaling a skeletal Hydra.

oh, ya, years 243 to 247 were age of heroes, because the Hydra was temporaily dead. before it turned skeletal. but thats only 5 years.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]