Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 800863 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2400 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:58 pm »

Everything is already forbidden.  I've been trying to lock the doors but I'm trying to get everyone inside at once first....
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 12, 2012, 08:23:01 pm »

If you remove a burrow while an alert is still active, they'll ignore the new burrow until you re-issue the alert, if I remember right.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 12, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »

EDIT 2: Does anyone know how El Presidente got named (Kar Puwuncobi)? I'm going through all the thread and can't find mention of it, only of his first death.

Well, it was during my turn. But for the exact meaning of the name, I'll tell you it's certainly from a DF language, and leave the rest a mystery.

And I did it during the usual bout of dorfing when I started.

I looked it up. And I laughed.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 12, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »

EDIT 2: Does anyone know how El Presidente got named (Kar Puwuncobi)? I'm going through all the thread and can't find mention of it, only of his first death.

Well, it was during my turn. But for the exact meaning of the name, I'll tell you it's certainly from a DF language, and leave the rest a mystery.

And I did it during the usual bout of dorfing when I started.

I looked it up. And I laughed.
I just found out after digging through all language files. Bravo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »

I see what you did there, Lord.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 12, 2012, 11:15:03 pm »

Well played. That deserves a place on the TvTropes page.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33:20 am »

I looked it up in tvtropes, and laughed xD
Also, Catalyst, I runned outside because I had to do some prospections :P
I kinda think of my dwarf, dead again, looking the trashed remains of his body, yelling something along the lines of "Those meddlesome undead beasts"
Death seems to be overestimated in HellCannon.

But, bloody hell!  I managed to survive until the turn just before mine.
Now that that won't make me change my plans... xD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 13, 2012, 08:46:30 am »

Wait, that means our glorious Eternal Presidente' is a dirty filthy human and a traitor to the mountainhome!  LYNCH THE HUMIE AND TOSS HIM INTO THE HELLCANNON!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 13, 2012, 09:41:25 am »

You forgot he'll just get up after the lynching and go about his business, thus making it somewhat hard to toss him into the hellcannon.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 13, 2012, 09:42:38 am »

You forgot he'll just get up after the lynching and go about his business, thus making it somewhat hard to toss him into the hellcannon.

That's even better!  We can stick him in the HellCannon as eternal bait for the demons!  We'll never have to re-stock the demon tank with animals or prisoners!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 13, 2012, 09:51:56 am »

Won't that prevent the demons from leaving the cannon when we want them to?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 13, 2012, 09:56:45 am »

Won't that prevent the demons from leaving the cannon when we want them to?

...New Plan.  We Danger Room our Eternal Presidente' and kit him out in the fort's best gear.  We give him a pick, seal him in near an addy spire and tell him to dig.  Our glorious reincarnating leader shall fight, perish and fight again till Hell trembles from him merely peering down into it.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 13, 2012, 05:08:33 pm »

That was the problem - I hadn't forbidden the socks of dead dwarves, of course.  Ugh, of course!

Morons.

Everyone is safe inside now.  Well, everyone except me, of course, and the others who died.  And Ogrin the Eye-poker, who was the next to arrive, a little too late, to save us, who died in combat with a Skelk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But then everyone was safely contained inside, and work was able to continue.  The Bridge-of-No-Backsies that Aussie described has now been built, and that section of the cannon awaits only a dwarven sacrifice to be finished.  That, and the completion of the upper parts, of course.  Work on those parts was stalling out badly, and grumblingly I shuffled through the minds of the fortress once more - dismissing this one as too frail, this one as too slow-witted, until I came upon one suitable.  An animal dissector of very good intuition and empathy.  His pysche even managed not to go screamingly insane when I merged with it! 

Hm.  Not bad.  I hope I can keep this one.  Anyway, meanwhile, Mego was struck by his life's great inspiration, and seized a Mason's workshop and started to gather random shit all around the fortress. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The rein-dead herd outside killed someone's cat then finally wandered off, so I let a few dwarves out to try to finish the walls around the Hellcannon 'barrel'.  Just as a mason, named Sigun (I almost took his body, in fact), was on his way out, he ran straight into an intruder on his way in!

So that went well.

Immediately following on the heels of that, we had a visit from some humans.  Since the Hellcannon gates were still unfinished and open... well... they couldn't fit the wagons but they managed to find a creative entrance to the fortress regardless.

I guess I will send someone to trade with them.  We have more than enough, but it seems it has been a while since we had any new goods come into the fort - they may have something interesting.

And Mego finished his item.  A rather nice throne if I do say so... I had it hauled to his chambers for him. 

----------

Okay, so maybe I'll be able to keep playing without killing everyone pointlessly and/or pulling my hair out after all.  Let's see what I can do tonight :)
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 13, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »

wait, so now I'm a dwarven wrestler? have they patched them having super-dwarven strength on the same league as the hulk yet?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 13, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »

FUCK YEAH! I was trying to get those good-for-nothing dwarves to haul a throne into the throne room I built during my turn, but they wouldn't do anything. So screw them, I made my own!
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 208