Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 801106 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2460 on: May 23, 2012, 01:15:27 am »

No, Murphy's Law dictates that Hellcannon will, in fact, survive!  Somehow, I had logic to back that up, but in the space of typing that first sentence, I've forgotten what it was.  Oh well.

I shall be the first to fall!  On the blood of my many past lives, this I swear!
Well, Murphy's law is "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong." So if we were to define what "go wrong" is: Something "going wrong" is when something happens that is the opposite of what people want. "What people want" is for Hellcannon to go out spectacularly. The remaining domain for "going wrong" would be the fort living or suffering an unspectacular death. Since giant three-eyed hummingbird deathbeasts fall firmly into the category of spectacular, it isn't currently possible for the fort to die an unspectacular death. This means in order to "go wrong" the fort must live.

And all of that implies DF doesn't defy logic. Tut tut.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: May 23, 2012, 01:19:32 am »

Also, sorry Eric Blank.  Finally had to give up your awesome quote in my sig.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-h well.

At least I've noted one other quote of mine in someone's signature. Not that I ever say much worth listening to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: May 23, 2012, 01:37:08 am »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-h well.
At least I've noted one other quote of mine in someone's signature. Not that I ever say much worth listening to.

Well I did replace it with a rapsheet of all the crimes I've comitted against physics and sapient creatures in DF.

I also had a half-baked idea for the next fort - send the dwarves to The Spire of Armok.  Considering the spiritual involvement of various past overseers and gods, ritual sacrifice to keep the fort alive seems a perfect fit  :P

That's just me having a chuckle at the thought though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: May 23, 2012, 01:49:21 am »

Well I did replace it with a rapsheet of all the crimes I've comitted against physics and sapient creatures in DF.

Nothing could ever be more dwarven than a rapsheet involving everything else that is dwarven reformed into a hideous crime against all known laws of science and nature!

And if there be another installment of the Battlefailed variety, it may as well be on the coasts of the Blueness of Malodors once again. The evil, so horribly evil coasts...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: May 23, 2012, 09:58:00 am »

Nothing could ever be more dwarven than a rapsheet involving everything else that is dwarven reformed into a hideous crime against all known laws of science and nature!

And if there be another installment of the Battlefailed variety, it may as well be on the coasts of the Blueness of Malodors once again. The evil, so horribly evil coasts...

This time with husks and perma-rezing zombies!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:34 am »

*Cough*El Presidante*Cough*
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: May 23, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

*Cough*El Presidante*Cough*
Actually, El Presidente isn't a zombie. It happens that he just cannot be bothered by the fact that he should be dead, like, 42 times, and he simply gets back up again and simply walks away.
I think we have achieved a new milestone in dorfyness: making this fort's dwarves so used to death all around them that they simply don't care about their own deaths and keep minding their business xD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »

No, Murphy's Law dictates that Hellcannon will, in fact, survive!  Somehow, I had logic to back that up, but in the space of typing that first sentence, I've forgotten what it was.  Oh well.

I shall be the first to fall!  On the blood of my many past lives, this I swear!
Well, Murphy's law is "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong." So if we were to define what "go wrong" is: Something "going wrong" is when something happens that is the opposite of what people want. "What people want" is for Hellcannon to go out spectacularly. The remaining domain for "going wrong" would be the fort living or suffering an unspectacular death. Since giant three-eyed hummingbird deathbeasts fall firmly into the category of spectacular, it isn't currently possible for the fort to die an unspectacular death. This means in order to "go wrong" the fort must live.

Yep, that sounds about right.  Props to you for redrawing my line of thought.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: May 24, 2012, 06:51:14 pm »

Any news on the battle against the death bird, Catalyst?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: May 26, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »

The bird killed RL catalyst, it seems : /
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: May 26, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: May 26, 2012, 03:19:42 pm »

Dave didn't get killed by the bird. The residents of Hellcannon, however, might.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: May 26, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »

Spoiler: Also this (click to show/hide)

The fact that a giant bird is trying to kill everything in Hellcannon makes these jokes way too easy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: May 26, 2012, 04:26:32 pm »

You may as well point out the fact that we are using birds as avatars. Too bad there are no penguins in 0.31.25

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: May 26, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

Yes there are. They're just not available in the biome Hellcannon exists in. Only OCEAN_ARCTIC, which I didn't know was a valid tag.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 208