Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 800981 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2520 on: June 01, 2012, 10:49:10 pm »

I feel like I had a hand in the coming downfall of the fortress, for suggesting the name, suggesting the construction of the titular weapon, and trying to make the first step in doing so (and failing horribly).

I also feel like that hand actually belongs to Aussie.

Also, arcangelsd, good fucking luck.

Indeed.

When I first started, and saw the fort in such depressingly stable state, I made a decision.  Do something spectacular - whether it was a spectacular success or spectacular failure mattered little - the important thing was that it be completely, utterly insane. 

I'd say I succeeded at that, at least.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:04 pm »

I feel like I had a hand in the coming downfall of the fortress, for suggesting the name, suggesting the construction of the titular weapon, and trying to make the first step in doing so (and failing horribly).

Also, arcangelsd, good fucking luck.

Indeed.

When I first started, and saw the fort in such depressingly stable state, I made a decision.  Do something spectacular - whether it was a spectacular success or spectacular failure mattered little - the important thing was that it be completely, utterly insane. 

I'd say I succeeded at that, at least.

And by succeeding you failed. And by failing you succeeded. And by succeeding...

ERROR INFINITE RECURSION

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »

I opened up the save and started playing. No problems thus far. I went bonkers walling everything off... but no combat reports. The brine brutes left in the maintenance hall seem happy haveing broken down the doors and finding a wall in their face. The demons are stilling chilling in their giant molten rock-based hottub. Everything seems fine, but I'm going to have the dumbass that walled himself INSIDE the magma forge area floor it over.

This may be recoverable. Just as a precaution I got 3 dwarves locked int he panic room (which is virtually empty of supplies. Thanks, geniuses. At least my avatar is one of them and remembered to bring a pick.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: June 01, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »

Oh?

I propose HellCannon. Of course, to live up to the name, Aussie will have to take a turn.

Only if I get to open the way to hell, AND with a Checkerboard

@Aussie: You can be one of the starting seven, if you please.

That region's far to happy and peaceful.  It sounds like a pleasant childhood story would take place there, not a fortress of unimaginable dwarven torment and horror
I'll look at finding a more horrifying site, then.

ALL.

AS.

PLANNED!

(ooc, no of course not.  Was just rereading Failcannon and found it hilariously coincidental)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:01:46 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: June 01, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

Nevermind, I discovered the moron (The Master) didn't actually finish his construction and there was still an opening, so I had him finish it. Now he walled himself out and Ledi the crazy 6-year-old cat lady in. Poor kid.

arcangelsd: This situation is completely salvagable it seems. The fortress isn't in immediate danger if you use the combar reports to zoom to the location of catalysts' demise, find the maintenance tunnels to the left of his corpse, and wall it off at the end (north and east of the brine-whatevers and the door they're ravaging) to trap those brine-whatevers.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:06:17 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 01, 2012, 11:09:16 pm »

I propose HellCannon. Of course, to live up to the name, Aussie will have to take a turn.

Only if I get to open the way to hell, AND with a Checkerboard

@Aussie: You can be one of the starting seven, if you please.

That region's far to happy and peaceful.  It sounds like a pleasant childhood story would take place there, not a fortress of unimaginable dwarven torment and horror
I'll look at finding a more horrifying site, then.

ALL.

AS.

PLANNED!

Except Catalyst opened the way to Hell, not you.

Unless...

You magnificent bastard.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: June 01, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »

I maintain that Catalyst was puppeteering the fort - but was in turn a puppet of Led ...

And Led is dancing to Aussie's tune.

Therefore Aussie opened the way to Hell.

Edit: Mego - I love the giant "OH FUCK" next to my name in the turn list.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:19:25 pm by CatalystParadox »

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: June 01, 2012, 11:20:51 pm »

I probably won't ever change that. I'm debating whether the rest of your turn should get linked there. Currently leaning towards "no", simply because of the sheer awesomeness that happened in your last update. Nothing else can compare.

EDIT: Made it a bit bigger. Don't you dare bring up Freud.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:23:27 pm by Mego »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:50 pm »

I probably won't ever change that. I'm debating whether the rest of your turn should get linked there. Currently leaning towards "no", simply because of the sheer awesomeness that happened in your last update. Nothing else can compare.

EDIT: Made it a bit bigger. Don't you dare bring up Freud.

It was all leading up to that anyway.  I would request a smaller, parenthetical link to the beginning afterward, like so:  (starts here)  For all the meandering nothing posts, there IS backstory on the cannon's construction at least.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2529 on: June 02, 2012, 12:25:14 am »

For future reference, forge level can be accessed by FBs from the volcano. Someone should do something about it.

Aha!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: June 02, 2012, 01:17:07 am »

Yeah, the demons clawed their way up through the magma pipe and overran the forges, destroying everything.

Casualties: Ledi the 6-year-old crazy cat lady.

arcangelsd should have no problems whatsoever if he just turns off everyone's hauling duties and sets them all to masonry, then designates walls around the cannon and magma forges. Oh, and the trolls and ogres in the entry hall, destroying a hatch.
I make Spellcrafts!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:31 am »

What. What. WHAT
What I have done to you guys xDDDDDD
Well, I inherited the exact same situation in FailCannon, so I think I could damage control this one too.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2532 on: June 02, 2012, 09:06:40 am »

What. What. WHAT
What I have done to you guys xDDDDDD
Well, I inherited the exact same situation in FailCannon, so I think I could damage control this one too.

Just read the recent updates, and Catalyst's turn just blew my mind.

As for damage recovery, you could pull a Deathgate and colonize hell, and turn it into the new panic room.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02:52 am »

Wow guys, I go to sleep and you open hell.

Should we survive this we may want to go to the Hall of Legends and nominate the fort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: June 02, 2012, 03:23:32 pm »

If Aussie's "success" story is anything to go on, we should probably stay the hell away from hell. There's like 20 dwarves left, none of which have any significant combat experience. It would take nearly a hundred, a large portion of which being legendary warriors, to conquer hell. Let's take the surface first (as in masterfully conquer it.) and get some damn migrants inside alive.

If we conquered hell in this condition, it would definitely be worth being in the Hall of Legends. As it stands, it's not a very original idea.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 208