Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 60669 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 40 - Swarms of severed fingers!
« Reply #555 on: December 26, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »

I accept the evil voice's quest. I think we all should.

If the noble figures are destroyed I refill my water supplies. If they are not I run as far away as possible as fast as possible.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 26, 2008, 09:38:20 pm »

... I... disagree. If it only wants one person...

I sever Jay's Achilles's tendon, giving him to the noble figures.

Sorry about this Jay. Kashyyk and I will take our share of the treasure and run!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 27, 2008, 07:33:57 am »

I see...

New action: I use every ounce of power I possess to explode violently, killing myself and anyone near me.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 27, 2008, 09:02:16 am »

I see...

New action: I use every ounce of power I possess to explode violently, killing myself and anyone near me.

Oh... my... god... RUN!!!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 27, 2008, 10:49:11 am »

I run away northwards
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:27:36 pm by Kashyyk »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 27, 2008, 04:20:19 pm »

I summon a sentient humanoid that is not within 20m of me to give to the noble figures. they want a humanoid, yes? Then they can have one.
You can't, moving a human such a large distance would be impossible. You're in the middle of a jungle with no other humans near.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 27, 2008, 04:27:10 pm »

darnit

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 28, 2008, 08:06:49 am »

Webadict: I sever Jay's Achilles's tendon, giving him to the noble figures.
5 = 5 CTH
8 -3 (backstabbed) = 5 Dodge
Webadict tries to sever Jay's tendon but Jay jumps out of the way and Webadict only affects air with his mind powers.

The evil voice starts talking again: “It seems we need another offer as you don't value the life of your companion above his treasure. I've always liked greed, so easy to reason with. Here's my new offer, release me and I shall give you 1% of my treasure and a hundred wagons to transport it.

I'll also let you keep some nice place to rule for yourself after I've conquered the world; How about that funny island near the tip of Africa? Or that big one under Asia? I've never liked islands. I think I'll build my palace in Asia.

This offer is, however, only for one of you. If two of you want it, you'll have to fight for it. To the death. I'll heal the winner fully.” He seemed to be in a fine mood

Jay Kayell: I use every ounce of power I possess to explode violently, killing myself and anyone near me.
7 +4 (skill) = 11 Damage

Jay concentrates hard, his face lined. He give one last look at his treacherous companions and explodes in a massive ball of fire.

The noble figures close to him are first hit, as usual they made no attempt to dodge. The flames almost completely charr them on the outside. They were propelled backwards and slammed into the moat wall with horrible crushing noises. Their internal organs were crushed by the shock wave and impact. They also broke every major bone in their body several times.

The finger swarm and severed hands weren't so lucky however, the small bones were smashed into dust and the flesh burned clean off. The bits were finally, mercifully dead; turned into powder and spread out over the jungle.

The explosion next reached Webadict:
7 +2(skill) = 9 Dodge
10 +2(gem) = 12 Dodge
Displaying amazing agility he ducked the worst of the blast.

Kashyyk had already started to run when the blast reached him.
9 +2 (skill) = 11 CTH
8 +2 (skill) +2(gem) = 12 Dodge
Also displaying great agility he ducked the blast.

Jay's body however was right in the middle of the blast and had simply ceased to exist. His backpack had been blown off and everything except the treasure smashed. Webadict and Kashyyk split the treasure between them.

Kashyyk: I run away northwards.
Kashyyk  runs northwards, he had started when Jay started to explode and after having taken his share of the treasure he saw no reason not to start again. Soon he is outside the moat and in the spot Jay made permanently cold.

Noble figures: Get Webadict.

The charred broken lumps stood up and shambled to Webadict. Their eyes in the destroyed face still cold and expressionless. Suddenly they all fell over motionless.

Webadict heard the cold voice “I've stopped them temporarily so you have time to consider my offer. As your friend's body is inaccesible they still need a victim.

You both have a choice of whether to take my generous offer of land, power and treasure. If both of you take it I will destroy the figures and you will duel for it. If one takes it and the other refuses it, I will make the figures go after the one who refused and hamstring him to make sure they catch him.

If both refuse, I shall let the figures take one of you (which will be the one with the lowest dodge or the one close to them, in both cases Webadict). Choose...”

Stats:

Webadict:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

NPCs:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Kashyyk is a turn Northward outside of the base camp.

Webadict is standing at the entrance to the maze.

Map of the maze:

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 41 - An explosion and a quest.
« Reply #563 on: December 28, 2008, 09:20:36 am »

Uh... Kashyyk. What the heck do we do?

If you wanna accept the quest, I'd be happy to have that wasp gem of yours. Otherwise, I'll give you my fire stone, and adamantium armor.

I think you should take it, because I can counterattack them day and night while dodging them, plus my adamantium armor helps.

Or we can both run.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 28, 2008, 01:27:11 pm »

I think you should have the wasp gem and keep your armour. Because you can dodge better and then if they do get hold of you they have to get through the adamantium.

Then, you saw how the finger bits disintegrated? That is how to defeat the figures.
We need to burn all their flesh off, then powder their bones to dust and sprinkle it to the four winds.

If you don't think it will work then we can run as you suggested.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08:02 am »

That might work... except I don't have too much fire power... Hmm...

Toss me the wasp gem, because I throw fire at these noblemen!

I'd rather die than let that thing out. Kashyyk, follow its plan until I have all these beasts defeated!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 29, 2008, 09:32:44 am »

i pass webadict the wasp gem and attempt to powder one of the nobles bones to dust.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 29, 2008, 09:51:58 am »

Okay then. I suppose I'll be the front lines then...

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 29, 2008, 11:01:33 am »

i pass webadict the wasp gem and attempt to powder one of the nobles bones to dust.
You can't. You're a turn's walk northwards in the jungle, not in the base camp.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 29, 2008, 11:47:03 am »

He just had to run away.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39