Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [On hiatus]  (Read 11442 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [Turn 0]
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 11:17:51 am »

B.B.8. takes cover by floating up to the ceiling.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2020, 01:33:49 pm »

OPEN THE LOCKERS WITH THE POWER OF NYAN CAT.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 03:26:48 pm »

do I possess a speaker for backup communications? It may be important depending on what is encountered. Also, investigate the portal device and commence directive 1: Exploring the multiverse.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [Turn 2]
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 08:38:42 pm »

B.B.8. gets up and finds some sort of, blouse and skirt combination obstructing viewports, before shaking it off.. They then observe the cybernetic limb.
[3] You calmly extricate yourself from the pile of clothes. It occurs to you that they all look rather casual, with little sense of uniformity aside from general shape. The limbs your fellow AI just found are quite different -- even a casual look tells you they're made of relatively common metals and built to a strict, efficient standard. It makes sense to you; there's little point in aesthetic consideration where fundamental structure is involved.
Use my spherical body to roll in the keypad to see if something happens
[5] Shaking off your momentary stupor, you gleefully raise yourself onto the keypad and began pressing buttons at random. A chorus of BEEPS and BLIPS rings out, each key lighting up as soon as it's pressed, yet darkening again once another gets its turn under your heavy bulk. It doesn't take you long to notice that another button revealed itself right after you started, though -- this one helpfully marked with a glowing green checkmark sign! Figuring that must be the choice confirmation switch, you roll over, and--
BEEEEEP
Your visual sensors briefly glitch out from a sudden flood of light bursting throughout the room! Vibrations like a maglev train on steroids rocks your frame even in your hovering stance.
  • 333: [2] You fall away from the console and CLANG onto the trembling floor.
  • Kittens: [5] Happy visions of cats and their simulated purrs dull your sense of what's going on. You feel almost nothing.
  • Ongoing_Directives.bat: [5] You see it coming, and valiantly steel your systems against the change, riding out the transition.
  • Bob Mk III: [1] The sudden portal operation catches you totally off guard! You cartwheel through the air for two rotations before smacking into the wall.
  • B.B. 8: [1] The blinding flash and rumble sends you rolling like a snowball through the clothes again!
  • Ciwleal: [5] You just barely manage to keep yourself steady in time to avoid the worst of the sudden shift.
(333, Bob Mk III & B.B. 8 are now DAZED and suffer -1 to all rolls until the end of their next turn.)
Attach the legs to myself, then press the buttons I pressed before to release more limbs to attach to the other cores
[3] The shifting distracts you somewhat from your work. You manage to take both bionic legs and attach them to your frame, making plentiful adjustments as necessary for proper weight distribution. But that is as far as you get for now.
Open all the lockers.
[5 (6 - 1)] Shaken, yet whole, you somehow manage to fight through the spate of glitching and system lag long enough to fiddle with a few more lockers. You extract what looks to be a handheld translator from one, some vacuum-packed potatoes from another, and... a bolt-action rifle from a third! The last is ergonomically designed for a humanoid, of course, but you could probably attach it to yourself in a pinch.
OPEN THE LOCKERS WITH THE POWER OF NYAN CAT.
[6] Undaunted by the IMPURITY that dared assail your feline serenity, you stride around the room, tripping open a locker on your way! It ROARS from within like an awakened lion! Unable to dodge in time, you eat a table-sized spool of metal cable to your metaphorical face, and fly back several feet to join B.B. 8 in the pile of scanty underwear. [4] Luckily, that was nearly all that the locker held, aside from a couple red toolboxes that clatter very loudly on the floor. Your face is quite dented for your trouble, however. (You are also DAZED and suffer -1 to all rolls until the end of your next turn.)
do I possess a speaker for backup communications? It may be important depending on what is encountered. Also, investigate the portal device and commence directive 1: Exploring the multiverse.
[2] You do indeed have a speaker, but you notice your access to phonetic language files from the network just went kaput the second the room had its sudden metaplanar transition. You can probably piece something together within yourself, but it would take time.

-----

The wall directly across from the keypad console clicks, then slides apart piece by piece as interlocking bars and mechanisms give way from within. A quiet hiss rings out when the final piece unlocks. Light streams in from the widening crack, and the presence of a nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere registers to your sensors.

You also notice that your already tenuous connection to the MCP and all attendant networks has been completely severed. This was the most likely outcome, but nonetheless disconcerting. Wherever you've ended up, it's fundamentally different.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:42:31 pm by Xvareon »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 10:27:47 pm »

noticing the translator that was found by Bob mk.III, attempt to integrate it into my form for the purposes of using it's databanks of various known languages and deciphering tools for unknown languages.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 12:31:21 am »

STICK THE GUN ON ME.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 07:39:21 am »

Onwards to the unknown.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 08:01:33 am »

Onwards to the unknown.
enter the new area
Glad we found a place to explore, let’s learn what we can

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 09:31:37 am »

Float outside and see where we ended up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 11:55:52 am »

Doublecheck my sensors, before seeing about finding a locker with arms to go with the legs.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [Turn 3]
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 07:27:50 pm »

Turn 3
noticing the translator that was found by Bob mk.III, attempt to integrate it into my form for the purposes of using it's databanks of various known languages and deciphering tools for unknown languages.
[4] You pick up the desk calculator-sized device, and successfully hardwire your way into it. It contains a healthy amount of data on interpreting humanoid languages, though you're not sure how useful the complete files will be considering the nature of the metaplanar portal. Translator is now EQUIPPED.
STICK THE GUN ON ME.
[1 (1 - 1)] The entire weapon's magazine cooks off as soon as you attempt integration!
BANG-CRACK-BANG-BANG-BANG
The internal magazine ruptures, nearly breaking the gun in half! Dodge: [1] You eat a couple stray bullets to your sensitive faceplate, compromising your visual sensors.
(You are no longer DAZED, but suffer -1 to all rolls involving sight until you can get your 'eyes' repaired.)
Onwards to the unknown.
[3 (4 - 1)] You hover cautiously through the now-open door, wobbling from your transition through space. Dust and sand wicks up from the breeze, some of it tinking against your frame. You notice that the temperature is a balmy 83°F. And no wonder -- you've been dropped into a dry, arid region, with sparse vegetation and many many rocks. The sky is almost cloudless, and judging by the single sun, you guess that it's late morning.

All you can get a good look at for now is your immediate locale. Checking behind, you see the metaplanar portal machine sitting in a deep depression in the dirt as though it'd fallen down a ways; if you hadn't been able to float, you might have tripped over the low shelf of earth reaching up over the door threshold. Somewhere nearby, you hear the disturbed caws of some avian creatures flying to get away from you.
enter the new area
Glad we found a place to explore, let’s learn what we can
[1] Your vision is filled with sudden hallucinations of very, very angry cats, screeching, romping and leaping in physics-defying ways around the ground outside! Apparently, Kittens' harrowing experience with the gun forced it to locally broadcast its anguish, and you were just off guard enough to not firewall it off in time. You don't learn much beyond what 333 has discovered.
Float outside and see where we ended up.
[1 (1 - 1)] You suffer the same fate as CIWLEAL, and it's even WORSE since you're still reeling!
Attempting to firewall... [5 (6 - 1)] You manage to counter the images of cats with another hallucination of a sudden rainstorm forcing them all back inside. Quite proud of yourself, you brave the unknown and explore quite a ways forward, taking stock of the surroundings.

The shock of your arrival seems to have toppled several large cacti. You notice from within, they're leaking some kind of orangish fluid... wait, that can't be right... it's registering a viscosity similar to petroleum. Perturbed, you look further, noticing more standing cacti spread out among the rocks. And, not that far off at all, you see the clear definition of what has to be sapient-made structures -- a star-shaped formation of walls and embrasures, like a fort, but very awkwardly spaced as though it were a recent addition.
Doublecheck my sensors, before seeing about finding a locker with arms to go with the legs.
[2 (3 - 1)] Your sensors seem to be working, but the sudden spatial distortion threw everything for a loop. There doesn't appear to be system corruption, though. It takes you a minute, but you come out of the daze. Unfortunately, you can't yet find anything to do with arms, though you guess they and the legs might be in the same locker.

----------

A flurry of radio transmission suddenly beams throughout the room. It's unintelligible, as you're not used to languages aside from binary and code... except...
Ongoing_Directives.bat: [5] You easily interpret and translate the signal with your newfound device! It seems to be a pre-encoded message, set for anyone who uses the portals.
"You have accessed the Metaplanar Conduit. Destination 4 of 8. Per the Deep Space Exploration Initiative, all sites have been pre-confirmed to possess livable conditions. Each are ideal grounds to conduct THE GAME.

You have been confirmed as PLAYERS with the activation of this device. Eight worlds -- eight keys. One key for each destination. Eight artifacts must be brought in turn to WIN. The key for this-- ...ame is the APEX. A key itself to unlock-- --...an potential in the mind. The reward for ALL keys is--" *garble-crack-skrrrkh" "...--ache of... h-gh techn...gy... -s prepared-- ...y Director--"
The transmission shuts off. Audio file corruption seems to have claimed the rest of the record. However, you also caught and decoded an algorithm before that happened, which seems to allow for the confirmation that an object is a 'key' or not. You relay this to the rest of your group.
ALL PLAYERS may now detect the presence of and confirm KEYS.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 07:43:27 pm »

Is there any way to pinpoint the origin of the signal? Perhaps with a on-site investigation we can determine what the rest of the corrupted data says more accurately. Worst case, it will be untraceable or from a source outside of our current dimension and we will have to seek out a key to try and track it down.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:47:02 pm by Dustan Hache »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 07:49:30 pm »

Kittens, what happened to you? I saw numerous angry cats, which I think indicates that something’s wrong
Head in the direction of the star shaped fort, looking around and listening as I travel

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 07:56:24 pm »

Try to detect this key and move towards it. if I fail to detect the key just go in a random direction in search for treasures.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 06:04:54 am »

'What's with the sudden visions of cats, and there seems to be a structure near us I'm gonna go check it out."
Float over to the structure and see what its all about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6