Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 27093 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)
« Reply #705 on: May 08, 2024, 08:09:07 am »

"Thank you. I...well, I was inspired by your debut album, Fujibayashi-senpai. I'd always dreamed I'd get to perform alongside Galactic☆Fairy one day, so I worked hard to get here."
Ayaka bows again.
"The...ahem. My partner, I believe, she worked with you before."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

: Ohh, my bad. Nice to meet ya! You're the main event though, aren't you? We're the gonna be the ones opening for you.

Araki tried looking to where the girl had come from to see if he recognized the veteran.

: Does that mean you came here with your partner then?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 08, 2024, 07:30:51 pm »

Araki can see that she has a white dress, and dark hair with a hint of purple. If he were to guess, she was shorter than average height.

Without seeing her face, he can't say for sure, but Araki (and Nagisa) does remember there might have been a few people who worked with Azusa like that. Mainly back in her Chili Pepper days, back when she wasn't the center of her own idol unit; they'd seen a few videos of Azusa's Chili Pepper days, both when Azusa showed them to her partners - she'd always been proud of her unitmates - and when Javi had used them as inspiration to subvert the expectations of idol culture on Azusa.

"Yes. My partner, she remembers eating here all the time with Kumon-senpai."

At that, Azusa's eyes visibly widen.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2024, 02:49:25 am »

His debut? That was interesting. His musical style was still raw then, very unrefined and with a flavor somewhere between Appalachian Folk and Midwestern Emo with maybe the slightest influence of Bruce Springsteen. Even now the music he made on his own was completely unlike what Kumon and Araki put out, though it had been carefully tempered by Javier's guidance to something more palatable to the Japanese audience.

"We won't let you down. I'll make sure your performance with us is one to remember."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 09, 2024, 11:37:57 am »

"Of course. I expect nothing less from you and I won't disappoint."
"Wait. You said yer....partner. She...ate here with me?"
"Yes, Kumon-senpai."

Azusa looks away, thoughtful.
"It couldn't be....could it?"

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 10, 2024, 06:06:06 am »

"Sounds like we got your family opening with you, Azusa. Or practically, at least, if you shared a meal with them often enough." Briar says, having finished his meal and wandered over to look into the latest noise. "We'll have to do extra for them. Make the stage nice and welcoming, yeah?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 11, 2024, 06:48:41 am »

Azusa nods slowly, as the woman that was sitting with Ayaka gets out of her booth.
"Yeah, I...huh. Huh?!"

The woman approaching them, Miyuki realises, was familiar. That day when Professor Ormrsdottir was briefing them, she'd seen her.

And she was familiar because she, not three years ago, was one of the most popular idols in Japan. Nagisa and Araki recognise her almost immediately - anyone, who was at all familiar with anything and hadn't been under a rock for the last half decade would have.

She was the former center of Chili Peppers. She'd taken the world by storm, and disappeared into the abyss after a stalker incident outside her apartment ended her career - and almost ended Azusa's, if not for Fire Soul. Any rising idol you interviewed in the last three years credited their interest in the profession to her.

Hikari's mouth hung wide open as she stared at who had just joined them, her mouth forming words but no sound coming out.

Aika Nishikino, former center for Chili Peppers, former partner to Azusa, was the second half of Double Ace.

"Long time no see, Azu-chan."

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 15, 2024, 05:52:43 pm »

Briar suppresses his desire to make witty banter in the face of this revelation. Having someone with so much history be on the protection list was heavy stuff, and he had no interest in stirring the pot. Looking between Azusa and Aika, he decided to back up a bit both physically and conversationally to give them some space.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]