Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Here lies Wagon: may he rest in peace  (Read 127435 times)

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Here lies Wagon: may he rest in peace
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2013, 02:15:35 pm »

So there is no way to produce an adventure mode wagon, able to be pushed or whatever in adventure mode?  (Am I reading this correctly?)  I've been trying to find info on self-moving wagons (or comparible hacks) to be turned into Discworld's "Luggage".  Also, an adventure mode wagon sounds pretty much like a mount except for the cosmetics.

I'd appreciate any help, if I'm reading this wrong.

Just reading through, and found this awesome post.
I recently started reading Discworld, as a series, and The Luggage in game would be fun....
May as well make randomly appearing and disappearing shops like the one Two Flower got The Luggage from!
DiscFortress The Mod
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2013, 06:53:28 pm »

Ehm... yeah, I gave wagons interactions to shoot at nearby enemies.. I called them battle-wagons. That was just a test. You could theoretically give different civs access to different versions, for example all elves arrive with wagons that shoot arrows using interactions, while gnomes ride a steampunk-flamethrower wagon (which would kill itself and everyone on the surface, hurrah)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »

Better yet, give dwarves wagons that produce endless amounts of lava, like a mobile aquifer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:35:04 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2013, 07:37:32 pm »

Better yet, give dwarves wagons that produce endless amounts of lava, like an aquifer, but for extreme !!pain!!.

A Mobile... Magma... Aquiffer.

Maguiffer?

"Onol, are ye sure this is a good idea?"
"Of course, Urist! I'd like to see some pesky kobold try to take anything from our new wagon!"
"But how do we get things out of it?"
"Don't you worry about that, there's not much chance of us making it to our destination."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2013, 05:53:48 am »

oh, thats simple. "slayrace wagon magma" is the command for that. should work with dfhack r3 or r4, in vanilla and any modded game.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2013, 09:24:22 am »

There is one problem that would have to be addressed: is it possible to replace normal wagon-pulling creatures, with, say, dragons or fire imps?

Cos Fun is significantly less likely to happen if it scuttles on the side of the map because the oxen have been killed by lava.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

doomyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

doomyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2013, 01:15:09 pm »

Has anyone noticed that Toady rides in on a wagon in the intro video? Its almost like a creation-myth;

In the beginning was a bay;
and Toady the wagon rider rode in and BWAM: DF

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »

There is one problem that would have to be addressed: is it possible to replace normal wagon-pulling creatures, with, say, dragons or fire imps?

Cos Fun is significantly less likely to happen if it scuttles on the side of the map because the oxen have been killed by lava.

I believe it has been done.
Unless you edit the raws of other wagon-pulling creatures, you have a low probability of getting a dragon/fire imp
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2013, 06:59:12 am »

The wagon pullers can be anything. My drow usually have giant spiders, and the kobolds arrive with wagons pulled by giant jack rats.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2013, 08:01:25 am »

Best thread ever.

Pretty damn sure I engraved a slab to a wagon in my fort. Or was it a yak ? I don't remember.

*goes to check*

Nah, it was a yak. Too bad.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:04:56 am by Naryar »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2013, 02:19:21 pm »

Linked this thread to this one.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124312.0

Yes. Yes you did. I thank you, good sir, as do all in said thread.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yazman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2013, 02:35:55 am »

Goblins recently killed three wagons, so I engraved memorial slabs to all three!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2013, 03:19:28 am »

Oh hey, this thread got necro'd again.

The part that confuses me about wagons and their memorials isn't that they somehow have (unknown) parents, or that there is the possibility of them having names. Not even the fact that a single wagon could see service for hundreds of years bothers me.

No, what really gets me is that, somehow, these unthinking, lifeless wooden planks on wheels can worship gods.

I once had a wagon that was apparently extremely devout to a god of fire. Ironically, it was one of the wagons that spontaneously combusted while crossing my volcano bridge.

E: I found an old screenshot of a wagon memorial. From a different fortress, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:47:44 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19