Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Slipspace  (Read 4467 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Slipspace
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 07:49:08 pm »

I'll pass, citing the reasons Hemmingjay mentioned.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52:01 pm »

I backed the game despite being skeptical for several reasons.

1) Some confusion where the developer says that the game is nearly done and Sproginator says it is early in the dev cycle.
2) No information about the "two man dev team". Previous experience, education, inspiration?
3) Very low funding request.
4) Uninspired video.

I backed because I support Indie Devs and believe in Crowd Funding.
Well I always believe no indie game is ever done, there is always something else to add :),
As for the dev team, just message them, they are quite happy to respond. They have previous experience in app development an website development and hi think are working on a new video

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »

It doesn't matter if any of us here backs it, it will hit it's mark. I just fail to see how they can develop for so many platforms at so little cost and so quickly. To be honest, my spider sense is going off but I want to be fair since I don't know.

I work with a lot of devs(doing a Kickstarter for another one very soon) and just have never seen anything close to such a lowball on time or money needed. I hope it's naivety and not unscrupulous folks harming the image of KS. 
Only a simple mind can be certain.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 03:53:55 am »

For any of you 3D modelers out there!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slipspacestudios/slipspace/posts/385411
SlipSpace are currently looking to hire a 3D modeller to take on at a professional level. So if you want a chance to join the real gaming industry, Submit them a portfolio of your work. Tell 'em sprog sent ya!

Regards,

Sprog

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 07:21:00 am »

For any of you 3D modelers out there!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slipspacestudios/slipspace/posts/385411
SlipSpace are currently looking to hire a 3D modeller to take on at a professional level. So if you want a chance to join the real gaming industry, Submit them a portfolio of your work. Tell 'em sprog sent ya!

Regards,

Sprog
::)

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 07:52:24 am »

Why the  ::)?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 07:55:20 am »

Did I miss the part in the KS pitch where they said they needed all new 3D art? I hope this doesn't stall the development process too much.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 07:58:28 am »

Did I miss the part in the KS pitch where they said they needed all new 3D art? I hope this doesn't stall the development process too much.
They don't need to redo anything, They are just hiring a professional to do more! :D

SlipSpaceStudios

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 10:35:11 am »

Hello again!

Hadn't noticed this thread had expanded so much! Came to clear a few doubts and also to say that we will have our own forum opening on www.slipspace.co.uk very soon, as well as Dev Diary video #2.

I backed the game despite being skeptical for several reasons.

1) Some confusion where the developer says that the game is nearly done and Sproginator says it is early in the dev cycle.
2) No information about the "two man dev team". Previous experience, education, inspiration?
3) Very low funding request.
4) Uninspired video.

I backed because I support Indie Devs and believe in Crowd Funding.

1) I don't remember saying it was nearly done. :P Beta in June, release in August. Like we said on the delivery dates on Kickstarter.
2) We have this on our website, under the 'About' tab. I probably should have put it in the kickstarter description but I thought if people we're interested in Slip they would have visited our website anyway. In actual fact, I don't think many people did. Even our backers. :)
3) There is a bad trend at the moment with large amounts of money being asked for on Kickstarter. For large development teams who have to support themselves and their families through development this is quite alright. But for people like us, who are already financially stable, it's a bit silly to ask for money you don't need. As I describe in the video, the only reason we asked for £2000, instead of just getting on with the game and finishing it, is because that would be the amount of interested people needed to warrant us finishing and completing the game to a high standard. If no one wanted Slip then what's the point, if 100 people do then let's go for it. Another reason for the cheap pledges.
4) I can agree with that. :P We're trying to do better with our second one.

I create most of the 3D art in the game at the moment, it takes a great deal of time and I'm not very good compared to professionals, I'm a coder at heart. :P That's why we would like to offer a percentage of SlipSpace to a talented 3D artist. It's not a necessity but if we can create a better game, visually, then I'm all for it.

I think that's it for now. It you notice this message then feel free to ask us any and all questions, you could also send us an email through tech@slipspace.co.uk, grab us on twitter @SlipSpaceS or any other way you can find, as long as we know your message exists we'll reply to it. :P I'll be checking this thread over the next few days but will probably forget about it soon after if nothing interesting is happening. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]