Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202772 times)

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TomiTapio, on thing that I was just wondering about, is obsidian meant to be found naturaly in stone layers? I found it a mere 5 layers below the ground, no where nere a volcano. Part way in to digging my dining hall I noticed several rough-hewn obsidian walls which I don't remember could exist unless water and lava mixed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

TomiTapio, on thing that I was just wondering about, is obsidian meant to be found naturaly in stone layers? I found it a mere 5 layers below the ground, no where nere a volcano. Part way in to digging my dining hall I noticed several rough-hewn obsidian walls which I don't remember could exist unless water and lava mixed.

Sorry for answering in his stead. Yes, it is meant to be found naturally, in igneous extrusive layers, also a vanilla feature  :) .

And since I can't find it, does the latest Genesis link have werewolves/demons/Illithids? I heard that Illithids and werewolves were removed, why?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I was wondering if there's a list of genesis prefstrings somewhere?
No, but someone with a unix commandline can very easily make one. Something like "cat *.txt |grep prefstring > output.txt" (we had many unixes at university)

Yes, obsidian occurs naturally, as does basalt (plus pumice & scoria porous gassy-magma made minerals in my releases.)
Obsidian is set as a [IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE] layer-only appearing stone. (max_edge 20k, better than copper)

And since I can't find it, does the latest Genesis link have werewolves/demons/Illithids? I heard that Illithids and werewolves were removed, why?
My latest doesn't have flayers and weres, as told in the changelog. It's so that folks who won't edit their raws will have different worlds, if using my releases. And I want to see more of lizardfolk.
Also: Toady has coded a brand new were-creature system, so I think werewolf civ should be removed from Genesis.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:57:16 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick reply, seconds after mine.

Anyone know where to download the latest version? I will miss fighting wolfies but I'd love to see the serpents in action.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are all in action :).

RIght now you can use TomiTapio's tweaks. I will patch a release in a few days.

I won't remove werewolves as a civ. With the new mechanic I will probably call them wolfmen or something in the next version and give them appropriate syndromes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having problems with the Orc fortress mod. Make adamantine wafers isn't popping up at smelter and I do have adamantine thread extracted from raw adamantine. Do you need a magma smelter, or was it moved?

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for answering in his stead. Yes, it is meant to be found naturally, in igneous extrusive layers, also a vanilla feature  :) .
Yes, obsidian occurs naturally, as does basalt (plus pumice & scoria porous gassy-magma made minerals in my releases.)
Obsidian is set as a [IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE] layer-only appearing stone. (max_edge 20k, better than copper)

Thanks and sorry for the rather obvious question, still learning the ins and outs of the stone system.

jeisler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I just wanted to throw a post in here.   I figured I'd offer to give something back, since I've enjoyed the works of quite a few folks in the modding area.

I've updated Dwarf Therapist for the Genesis mod.    It determines gender of each dwarf (no more all-female lists), and Caste has been added to the "group by" menu, so it's easy to identify what's what in your immigrants.   Also the hover-over tooltip shows the caste as well.

Specifically I've updated it for the TomiTapio version (so it handles Domple and Warrior castes), but there's no reason it wouldn't work with the regular version either.

Here's a quick screenshot showing basically what's going on:

If this is something people would be interested in, I could make it available to the Genesis folks, or maybe even distribute it through Dwarf Therapist as an alternate version or something.    It would actually be pretty easy to make it flexible enough to allow any mod with added castes to work fine.

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would love that, I actually give my dwarves nicknames based on their caste already so this would save me quite a bit of effort and stop me having ugly nicknames on my dorfs! (Since I tend to assign them jobs based on their caste, especially steel ones for my military!)

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I just wanted to throw a post in here.   I figured I'd offer to give something back, since I've enjoyed the works of quite a few folks in the modding area.

I've updated Dwarf Therapist for the Genesis mod.    It determines gender of each dwarf (no more all-female lists), and Caste has been added to the "group by" menu, so it's easy to identify what's what in your immigrants.   Also the hover-over tooltip shows the caste as well.

Specifically I've updated it for the TomiTapio version (so it handles Domple and Warrior castes), but there's no reason it wouldn't work with the regular version either.

Here's a quick screenshot showing basically what's going on:

If this is something people would be interested in, I could make it available to the Genesis folks, or maybe even distribute it through Dwarf Therapist as an alternate version or something.    It would actually be pretty easy to make it flexible enough to allow any mod with added castes to work fine.

Download please? looks cool

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

This looks epic. I didn't get my PC back this weekend but I will get it in a day, and this edition for DT would be awesome to play with :).

A question: how do you read caste names?

Still I have returned to modding as I promised, here's my new mod :)
http://cataclysmff.zxq.net/SMF/index.php?topic=21.0
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stupid question maybe, but i'm going to install linux(ubuntu) on a laptop i got from my sister. can I play DFgenesis mod on linux? do I have to do anything special? and other things I should thinks about? thanks in advance and I apologize if this was asked before!
greets

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

stupid question maybe, but i'm going to install linux(ubuntu) on a laptop i got from my sister. can I play DFgenesis mod on linux? do I have to do anything special? and other things I should thinks about? thanks in advance and I apologize if this was asked before!
greets
You need to take the appropriate files from the mod. Remove your /raw/ folder and put the one from genesis. After that you have to copy /data/speech, /data/sound and /data/art folders, and set up your /data/init/init.txt and d_init.txt to read the appropriate font from the /data/art/ folder. Don't forget to turn VARIED_GROUND_TILES off.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can i use phoebus?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm playing Genesis/ASCII (TomiTapio's) on Linux.  What I did was extract the ready-to-play Genesis file, then copy the df script and the libs/ subdirectory from the vanilla DF Linux tarball and drop them in place.  See http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Installation#Linux if you have problems.  I can't help you with alternate tilesets.  Oh... use xchm to read the manual.

I've got an ironwood bed that I can't dismantle.  The Furniture Workshop dismantled everything else, but won't touch this one -- the job's redded out in the workshop menu, even though the bed is in the carpenter shop, on the same Z level, about 12 tiles away (as were all the other beds I dismantled).  Trying to queue it through the manager now, see if that works....  Nope, the jobs gets cancelled with "Needs REFINE_WOOD bed."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:29:12 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 642