Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 89801 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #885 on: May 31, 2014, 04:58:39 am »

Destroy jeep. Grab the boss man and all of his guys, alive. Unhurt at best, maimed at worst.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 02, 2014, 01:15:37 am »

"almost as lucky as the second bout with the CIA..."

John and Lily were finally free from their captors, and reunited. The massive power armor that dwarfed the pair walked up, with the angular visor and helmet retracting to reveal the face of their friend, and apparent savior, Lee Meyrick. Lee'd friend John was an ASIS agent sent to find classified mission files and was captured not a week ago by the CIA. Lee had thought it was a ruse to get Lee again, but it was instead to get Lily. She was one of the firts in a few hundred shown to have the Gift of psychic powers, and was damn powerful at that. This whole adventure had come to a head when Lee had to don his Elemental Battle Armor (again) and storm the CIA headquarters at Langley (again), to save the prisoner(s) within (again). Now it was the home stretch,  the last bit until they were home free
"My my, Mister Meyrick, you are a very persistent one" came a voice from behind him.The voice had an obvious metallic tinge to it. John and Lily looked shocked at it, and judging by the fact they were looking above him a fair ways, it could mean only one thing.
Lee turned to face the newcomer very slowly.

The thing was a behemoth of machinery and robotics. It had two massive metallic fists, no doubt able to crush most things in it's way, from an armored car to a pesky little Moderator in a comparative tin can. Judging it's height, it was well over 9 feet tall. Enclosed safely was a visor, the obvious viewport of the operator inside
"holy fuck, that thing is huge." Lee said, shocked at the Director's massive machine.
"Do you like it, son? We'd decided it would be beneficial to use similar techniques to what we saw in the first illegal assault on-
"That assault was to free an illegally kept prisoner, you lying little shit" The Moderator spat back at the Director
"It appears you won't listen to reason. Shame." The director promptly stated as one fist struck the moderator, sending him flying into the wall, smashing several desks and assorted computer parts away from the BA. Lee hit the wall with a *thud* noise.
Coughing, the moderator got up. Pain shot through his ribcage. the onboard medical computer began listing the damage
"Alert, minor internal injury detected. retreat presents the most sound tactical option"
John and Lily ran over to him, as the Director slowly but surely clanked his way to the now upright Lee.
"Get out of here you two." Lee began as he used his un-powerfisted right arm to hand John and Lily NS-11c Carbines from the small storage compartment, as well as a bandoleer of ammo.
"Just go, I've got this motherfucker." Was all Lee said as his helmet and visor extended to cover his face again, and more armor blocked out the visor.

the inside of Lee's helmet on the inside changed into External Imaging mode, using tiny cameras to be able to see outside with little risk of getting sniped in the visor. He'd never had to use it to avoid getting sniped, but he wouldn't want to get glass shards punched in at his face.
"Alright, white meat, Let's DANCE!" Lee shouted as he charged the far larger power armour, kicking in his jump-jets with his fist out in front of him...

"That fight rates right up there in difficulty, alongside that lizard bastard. He'd picked me up and threw me through a wall into a cafeteria. After that...

The Director lifted up the dwarfed Lee with both hands. This was not looking good.
"That all you got?" Lee spluttered out, between pants and laughter.
"Not yet!" The Director grinned, as he began to toss Lee at the nearest wall
"Bring it you spineless fu-

Lily and John had made it to the cafeteria, by appearances. They'd had to fight through several groups of CIA soldiers, only to end up here. What they wouldn't give for a map-
There was a sound of large scale amateur demolition work on a nearby wall as a plume of dust shot out, with a large humanoid shooting through, landing at speed, and skidding to a halt.
"Cker!" Lee completed his sentence, recovering from having impacts with walls.
Lee looked as the Director smashed aside  the hole he'd made so he could fit. He could see a girder, conveniently in a jagged and sharp position. Lee had an idea.
"You know what? I just got an idea!" The Director said in that oily tone. Ice shot up Lee's spine.
"we could modify this suit, you know. So that you could be inside it. People would see it, they'd know it was you." he began as they circled each other.
just a little bit more.
"You're a good guy, or so the media and people believe. Sure, you do damage, but no war is collateral free, you know?" they circled more.
"Let me guess, you intend to defame me. But how?"
"well, it's extremely simple. You have a younger sister, correct?"
Lee's blood went cold
"Well, with a remote controlled machine like this, and a camera, you would destroy your own house, damage your bigger sister and leave her traumatized for life, crash into your little sisters' house, and crush her head with this massive fist! Of course, it would be sent to the media and you'd be condemned as the worst person this modern age has seen. The media would ask "What kind of monster builds such a machine to kill his sixteen year old sister?"
now he was in place.
"Don't you DARE lay a single fucking hand on my sister, you motherfucker!" Lee shouted as his blood boiled and adrenaline flooded his system. "you can shoot at me, beat the everloving shit out of me, try and defame me, but never, EVER dare to lay a single fucking finger on my SISTERS! he finished as he picked up the girder in his left hand, and charged at the Director, using his Jump-Jets to bypass his fists. With as much strength, rage and energy he used his right arm to rip open the operator's control, before using the last energy and adrenalin to thrust the sharpened girder right through the torso of the Director, roaring in pure primal rage. Blood poured out of the I-shaped hole in his torso, as blood made it to his mouth. The Director fell over as Lee jumped off of him, landing on the ground with a loud crunch.

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee, motherfucker" Lee said, the anger draining from his voice

Siblings can be like that sometimes.

"I had several fractured ribs, my back was in possible danger, fatigue had hit me for a fair while, and some minor internal bleeding. But I kicked his ass nice and proper."

Lee looked around.

"What happens now?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:34:57 am by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 02, 2014, 01:51:11 am »

Jorn frowns at the banishing circle and checks on the woman and her daughter.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 09, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Sir Havel, not the least bit fatigued from his merciless rampage, immediately bolts toward the jeep, closing in on it and the fleeing bandits like a lion hunting down its wounded prey.
Once only a couple of yards away, the Chosen One leaps forward and brings his two heavy fists crashing down on the vehicle, promptly rendering it out of commission just moments before the outlaws can attempt their speedy getaway. Within the very next moment, the knight turns and grabs hold of the injured elder, along with one of the two young bandits assisting him. Seeing this, the other of the two shows no hesitation in abandoning his captured comrades in order to try and escape on foot. Fortunately, unlike the Chosen One, he possess nowhere near the swiftness nor the stamina needed to make his efforts anything more than futile exertion, and as soon as the lunar servant has his other captives tucked snugly beneath his arm, the wearied rapscallion is easily chased down and seized as well.

It is evident that, after witnessing just minutes ago the horrific level of brutality that their captor is capable of, none of the three men are in any mood to pick a fight. As a matter of fact, between his labored breaths and groans of agony, the elderly brigand almost immediately resorts to desperately pleading and bargaining with Sir Havel for his safe release: "¡Por favor! ¡No me mates! Tomar lo que quieras...el dinero, los esclavos, las armas...¡Pero déjame ir!"

The Moderator(s)

"Disappointing as it is, I think now's time we part ways and send you off to the burn unit for further treatment." The doctor replies, putting on a weak smile. "There they can work on debriding all the tissue that's been damaged beyond the point of healing, get the wounds cleaned & dressed, then top you off with some more pain meds before you're taken back to your cell.
I know we've only been authorized to provide enough medical care to keep you alive and responsive for the long periods of questioning I'm sure you'll be subjected to, but honestly, it's better we just get all this stuff out of the way now and avoid a bunch of other complications later on."

Dr. Weller glances briefly over to the door leading back out to the main portion of the clinic. "Anyway, your soldier pals should be waiting just outside. Given your condition, I figured you might enjoy a small bit of time not surrounded by a group of armed men ready to kill you at any moment, so I went ahead and politely informed them that some of their equipment was not permitted to be around the machine during the scanning process, and that it would be safer for everyone if they could leave until we were finished. When you go out there, just tell them that the Doctor's Orders are for you to visit department 17-M, and you shouldn't have any trouble."

Jorn Darkmane

The gaunt woman sits silently on the floor, nearly exhausted to the point of collapse. She is hurt, shaky, and almost too debilitated to move. Yet more than anything else, she appears relieved beyond all description. As Jorn kneels down to ask how she's doing, the woman leans in and, without warning, embraces him with what little strength she has left.
"Thank you! Thank you so much...I...I don't know how we'll ever be able to repay you, but I promise we'll do whatever we can." Slowly, she releases the Chosen one and wipes away some of the tears streaming down her face, smiling for the first time in what has likely been a very long while. "Heheh...my husband's never going to believe what happened today..."

In sharp contrast to the overflowing emotion of her mother, the oddly calm-mannered daughter continues to stand before the still-active ritual circle, looking into its center with a highly attentive, almost mesmerized stare. Once she notices Jorn watching her, her eyes turn to him as she curiously asks, "Do you hear it, too...? Who are they?"
It takes the warlock a second to even realize what the young girl is talking about, yet as soon as he does, the troubling noise becomes impossible for him to ignore:

Emanating from within the blackened center of the banishment circle, a multitude of whispering voices call out to Jorn and the family members, asking, begging, and even demanding that another be cast into the pillar of smoke to join them in the lower planes. It is strongly reminiscent of the whispers the Chosen One heard in his head during his attempt to contact the ArchDemons via meditation, and indicates that his interminable ritual may be a bigger problem than he thought. After all, if there's anything more detrimental to a modern house's market value than a glowy, smoke-spewing magical salt circle, it's a glowy, smoke-spewing magical salt circle that beckons people into the Underworld with chilling, demonic whispers.
Guess it's just one more unusual happening in what should have been a short & simple chore for a warlock of his caliber. Even more unusual, though, is the fact that an unpracticed teenager was able to pick up on said happening before he did...

This must be why practitioners of black magic generally don't make house calls...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #889 on: June 09, 2014, 08:01:25 pm »

Frankly my lord.. Lean the two young men against the destroyed car and lay my sword across their laps so they can't move. There is nothing you can offer that I could want. Why are you here?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 09, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

Jorn rubs his forehead.

"You ought to know. They are demons."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 09, 2014, 10:53:15 pm »

"My thanks, Doc. You're far better than some of the other people's... Loving care I've been under." Lee replied, courteously, as he got off the examination table and walked to the door directed to him.

"Doc says I'm to go to a department 17-M?" Lee asked the soldiers

Department 17-M? Can't be good. Suspicion thought out loud.

comply and follow their orders.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 15, 2014, 01:41:56 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Wishing to focus his inquisitive efforts solely on the exceptionally aged outlaw for the moment, Sir Havel forms the clever idea of keeping the other two bandits in check by securely restraining them under the weight of his massive Zweihander, yet, sadly, can do nothing but dismiss the thought upon remembering that he left his mighty blade impaled in a large tree some ways back.

With no choice but to maintain a firm hold on all three of his captives, the Chosen One simply ignores the two younger outlaws and proceeds to question the elderly brigand as to his reasons for residing within a criminal hideout in the middle of the Amazon...

"¿¡por qué estoy aquí!?" The elder responds, apparently somewhat offended by the inquiry. "Este es mi territorio, MI CAMPAMENTO-" As he begins to raise his voice, the old bandit coils in pain as he is overcome by a violent coughing fit. He seems to be growing increasingly pallid and feeble with each passing second.
Once his coughing subsides, the elderly brigand looks up at the Chosen One, and in a thick accent and much weaker voice, continues, "...It is I who should be asking you the same..."

Jorn Darkmane

"Demons..." The girl mutters, her attention drifting back toward the circle.

The mother, soon becoming aware of the demonic whispers as well, worriedly looks to the Chosen One with a question of her own. "Uh...not to sound impatient or anything...but how long do these ritual things typically last?"

The Moderator(s)

The squad leader gives an affirmative nod and grabs the small radio attached to his uniform. "Proceeding to department 17-M."

Another soldier approaches The Moderator and tosses him his jumpsuit. "Before we go anywhere, put this back on."
The Chosen One politely does as he's told and once again slips into his jumpsuit, departing from the clinic with the soldiers and briskly heading off to their new destination not a minute later...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:50:30 pm by King DZA »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #893 on: June 15, 2014, 05:51:43 pm »

In sympathetic tones. I'm going to put you down. Set all three of them down. I'm making an assumption when I say this, but I'm under the distinct impression that you men have sinned.. Am I wrong? Stop them of course if they try to run, but otherwise trust that they won't try anything in light of the fate of their camp.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 15, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »

"So guys, I was wondering if I asked really nicely, you wouldn't let me go, would you?" Lee asked innocently

Try to pull mental images/memories of Department 17-M from the (hopefully) accessible mind of the squad lead

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 16, 2014, 03:27:53 am »

Jorn scowls at the ritual circle.

"It should've been gone already."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 17, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Deciding to take a slightly less homicidal approach with his captives this time around, Sir Havel gently releases the three men with the hopes of making absolutely sure that they really are the dirty, no-good scoundrels he has perceived them to be. While obviously still rather uneasy about the whole situation, they have each seen enough at this point to know that trying to make a run for it now would be a very unwise thing to do.

Hunched over, and clutching a particularly blood-drenched area of his abdomen, the elderly brigand chuckles at the knight's questioning. "You will not find a single man in this jungle who is not guilty of some sin..." The elder takes a sullen glance around the encampment, before returning his attention to the Chosen One. "...Of course, it is clear there are some men much worse than others."
The old bandit takes a second to clear his throat of accumulating blood and phlegm, and spits the unsightly mixture off to the side, allowing him to choke out a few more words through the pain of his injuries:

"So...is that why you have come, then? To punish us for our sins? I am sure that you feel your reasons for shedding blood are more noble than ours. You are not the first in this land to think such a way...but before I die here, please tell me, mi amigo...when you are done slaughtering the sinners of the jungle for your 'noble' cause, who will come to punish you?"

The Moderator(s)

"Even if we wanted to—and believe me, we don't—none of us possess the necessary rank or authorization to even advise doing so. So no, we wouldn't." One soldier coldly responds.

Still not fully trusting of his captor's motives (and not without good reason), The Moderator surreptitiously attempts to pry into the mind of the squad leader for further information on this 'department 17-M'...

Though the medication he was given has certainly made it easier for him to maintain his focus, the Chosen One's body & mind are still far from their best condition, and tapping into any of his more remarkable mental abilities still requires a greater level of effort than normal.
As if that weren't troublesome enough, before he can make any real progress toward infiltrating the squad leader's mind, another soldier picks up on his subtle change in demeanor and immediately breaks his concentration with an inconsiderate nudge on the shoulder. "Hey, are you feeling alright?" The soldier asks in a tone suggesting more mistrust of the Chosen One than concern for his well-being.
It is an inconvenient yet unsurprising occurrence, considering their sole duty at this time is to keep a close watch on someone who is officially regarded as a dangerous and highly unpredictable detainee.

Jorn Darkmane

"Oh...so what now?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »

"I'll get back to you on that."

Jorrn meditates and contacts the spectral figure.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 17, 2014, 11:03:42 pm »

Jorn Darkmane

Unsure of how to proceed, Jorn quickly retreats to a quiet corner of the home for a little meditation break. The Chosen One closes his eyes, and with a few long, relaxing breaths, soon returns to the plane of vast aetheric fog to consult the spectral figure...

The spectral figure, hovering a small distance away, instantly notices the warlock, and cordially beckons him over for a chat. "Ah, Jorn. Lovely to see you again. How fares your first day of the trial thus far?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 17, 2014, 11:15:45 pm »

Jorn explains about the troublesome ghost.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61