Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 398

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 485122 times)

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #585 on: May 30, 2019, 10:27:54 am »

Food Allergies. Dwarves not only get a negative thought from eating a food they dislike, they could also be stricken with a random pre-selected syndrome from eating foods they are allergic to.

Effects range from mild allergic reactions (temporary sleepiness, vomiting) to severe (prolonged paralysis, skin/organ rot, bleeding) to fatal (immediate suffocation).

Known allergies could be listed in thoughts & preferences, but new ones could develop during gameplay
You should propose terrible ideas. This one is good.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 30, 2019, 10:43:15 am »

I'll try worsening the idea.

Some dwarves are masochistic, and are addicted to food that they are allergic to. 'Addicted', as in, 'will slow down and become unhappy over time without said food'.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:23 am »

There's no way on knowing the allergy of a dwarf generally until is to late.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 30, 2019, 12:45:28 pm »

Yo, legit, this is such a cool idea!

You should propose terrible ideas. This one is good.

I swear, these ideas sound terrible in my head! I think I'm underestimating the DF Community...

Also, I love the idea of Urist McGuilty-Pleasure gorging on food she knows she's allergic to.

As for mystery allergies...extend it beyond food. woe be to the militia commander who discovers his goblin sweat allergy at exactly the wrong time.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 30, 2019, 02:15:02 pm »

Now y'all are just describing life with lactose intolerance.
"She has enjoyed a fine meal lately.  She has suffered from gastric upset lately.  She has enjoyed a fine meal lately.  She has suffered from gastric upset lately.  She has enjoyed a fine meal lately.  She has suffered from gastric upset lately."
Also, dwarves suffering gastric upset from an allergy should periodically produce clouds of miasma.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 30, 2019, 04:00:25 pm »

Dwarves are randomly allergic to things within dwarves, or worse, to water.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 30, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »

Dwarves could be allergic to alcohol.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 30, 2019, 04:27:48 pm »

Now y'all are just describing life with lactose intolerance.
"She has enjoyed a fine meal lately.  She has suffered from gastric upset lately.  She has enjoyed a fine meal lately.  She has suffered from gastric upset lately.  She has enjoyed a fine meal lately.  She has suffered from gastric upset lately."

"She prefers to consume alpaca milk cheese but is conflicted by this because she is severely allergic to alpaca milk."

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 30, 2019, 11:55:29 pm »

"She prefers to consume alpaca milk cheese but is conflicted by this because she is severely allergic to alpaca milk."
I have thought of this five times since first reading it, and have laughed every single time.
It really is like that, though.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 31, 2019, 01:01:05 am »

Dwarves will pause out of nowhere sometimes to think about their dad. I mean it's your dad, you can't just NOT think about him.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 31, 2019, 06:40:31 am »

There should be only one alergic reaction. Explosion! When the magic arrive the explosion has to cause random magic effect like syndrome clouds.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:42:59 am by Criperum »

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 31, 2019, 12:28:02 pm »

Dwarves can now believe in creatures that dont exist. These creatures are similar to your existing three fanciful creatures. Their belief can have many results.

1. Random bouts of panic from dwarves who think they see them

2. Dwarves may form cults to these creatures

3. Dwarves will often see these creatures as hallucinations, as in Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. To those who havent played CDDA, if you take certain drugs, or have the Schizophrenic trait, you'll get random hallucinations of enemies, which will bother you, but cant hurt you, and die in one hit.

4. If more than half your fortress is hallucinating, these hallucinations will be visible to you.

5. if 100% of your fortress is hallucinating, and youre in certain sphere-alligned biomes (when those become real), they become real.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 31, 2019, 05:10:31 pm »

Food Allergies. Dwarves not only get a negative thought from eating a food they dislike, they could also be stricken with a random pre-selected syndrome from eating foods they are allergic to.

Effects range from mild allergic reactions (temporary sleepiness, vomiting) to severe (prolonged paralysis, skin/organ rot, bleeding) to fatal (immediate suffocation).

Known allergies could be listed in thoughts & preferences, but new ones could develop during gameplay
Yo, legit, this is such a cool idea!

Agreed, it would add challenges to Adventure Mode as well, learning the hard way what foods you can and can't eat. Also eating a lot of one food could cause you to become allergic to that food too.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 31, 2019, 10:01:46 pm »

Most of these ideas here are extremely plausible.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 31, 2019, 10:38:32 pm »

Every instance there is a 10% chance of the player's cursor centering on a random spot in the world, no matter how far it is from your fortress or adventurer depending on what mode. You cannot center on your adventurer or your fortress, you have to scroll through the world to find them and hope they didn't die.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 398