Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 398

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 485081 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3090 on: March 21, 2021, 02:54:42 am »

Why stop there when we can also add penises, vaginas....
You're reminding me of an Incident That Shall Not Be Named. Oh no.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 21, 2021, 03:24:18 am »

And sometimes they randomly play smooth jazz.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: March 21, 2021, 05:20:40 am »

Add GUNS! And MULTIPLAYER!! And SEX!!! And FECES!!!! And HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD!!!!! AND CARS!!!!!! TOADY PLZ READ THIS AND ADD IT SO WE CAN PLAY REAL LIFE IN DWATF FARTRESS
I'm not sure how, but you somehow have succeeded in making a shit post, by the standards of a shitposting thread.
It's not witty, It's not clever; yes all of those are terrible suggestions, and they get repeated all the time, and without clowning out. This shit is just cringe.
But then again, what more can one expect from a furry?

It's not inherently a terrible suggestion, but addition of genitalia would be superfulous within the context of DF,
except perhaps to be another thing to be cut off or mangled in combat, which one could argue does have some value, within the context of DF.

However, the one thing i legitimately support the addition of, is ovaries, or some abstraction thereof, for female creatures.
Equality... in being traumatically neutered in mortal combat.

You're reminding me of an Incident That Shall Not Be Named. Oh no.
I think it might be a bit of a stretch to jump, from the addition of genitalia, to VIRTUAL CHILD RAPE.

And sometimes they randomly play smooth jazz.
I suppose a man could exhibit some properties of a musical instrument if someone were to play his instrument like a trombone.

Here, i'll add something to the thread, so that i'm not only bitching.
And i think our fur friend has given me a great idea.

Toady should add an invincible, mary sue supergod self-insert into the game. And since i've heard Toady really hates when we make jokes about killing cats, this invincible mary sue supergod self-insert will appear in your fortress whenever a cat dies of anything other than old age, he will then proceed to systematically kill your entire fortress.
Likewise, if you kill a cat in adventure mode, the self-insert supergod invincible mary sue will instantly teleport behind you, and kill you with a sword.

Better make sure you lock all your cats somewhere NOTHING can reach them, and woe upon you if a migrant arrives with a pet cat.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: March 21, 2021, 06:19:54 am »

Add GUNS! And MULTIPLAYER!! And SEX!!! And FECES!!!! And HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD!!!!! AND CARS!!!!!! TOADY PLZ READ THIS AND ADD IT SO WE CAN PLAY REAL LIFE IN DWATF FARTRESS

I support all of this except multiplayer. Fuck multiplayer.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: March 21, 2021, 06:32:48 am »

I'm not sure how, but you somehow have succeeded in making a shit post, by the standards of a shitposting thread.
It's not witty, It's not clever; yes all of those are terrible suggestions, and they get repeated all the time, and without clowning out. This shit is just cringe.
But then again, what more can one expect from a furry?
Ever heard of satire? Just because you think it's unfunny doesn't mean you should get all pissy about it. Ignore it and move on. You're the only one making a fuss here.

I do remember posting actual cringe posts here though. Kinda hate myself for it. Should probably get Toady to wipe them. Thanks for reminding me.

Likewise, if you kill a cat in adventure mode, the self-insert supergod invincible mary sue will instantly teleport behind you, and kill you with a sword.
And then get on Bay12 and make a stupid thread about it. That'll show them!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:39:09 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: March 21, 2021, 06:47:43 am »

Suggestion: Every time someone complains about a suggestion in this thread, Toady is legally obligated to implement it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: March 21, 2021, 06:51:59 am »

Suggestion: Every time someone complains about a suggestion in this thread, Toady is legally obligated to implement it.
that dumb
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: March 21, 2021, 10:06:33 am »

Add a writing mode, which would allow players to write down the history of  a world they create from A to Z to  :).
With this, your computer won't be doing any generation, in fact, you'll be the one generating a world for four hours while your PC goes to the kitchen to make a sandwich, waiting for you to be finished.

As a side note, add sandwiches that heal dwarves.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: March 21, 2021, 10:09:05 am »

Okay but It's gonna take me a whole lot longer than four hours.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 21, 2021, 12:50:19 pm »

So DF is finally replaced with word and all features you could imagine have been implemented?

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 21, 2021, 05:38:55 pm »

So DF is finally replaced with word and all features you could imagine have been implemented?
I have been informed that this is called "writing a book".
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 21, 2021, 05:46:08 pm »

I have been informed that this is called "writing a book".

No.  That is called “posting in a forum”.  “Posting in a forum” and “writing a book” are two completely separate things.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 21, 2021, 08:18:34 pm »

The source code of Dwarf Fortress is released... in a programming language that only Toady understands, in obfuscated form, and completely uncommented. No specification is given. No compiler nor interpreter is given. You'll have to infer what anything means by reverse-engineering the language based on the source code.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 22, 2021, 02:50:48 am »

And then we find out that the game never existed and we shared a drug fueled hallucination with a girl lying dead on a bathroom floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 22, 2021, 03:08:28 am »

Then it turns out we were the dead girl on the bathroom floor the whole time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 398