Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81878 times)

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #435 on: February 04, 2015, 08:15:14 pm »

This might be more of a MDF issue in general than it is an Orc issue.

I have to deal it in Kobold Mode, where multiple sorts of launchers/ammo were avaible right from the getgo. I just forbid all the ranged weapons/ammo save for the sort I want my hunters using, and that works nine times out of 10... of course, that fix could be a pain in the arse if one intends to use ranged units in their military.
I think it's a DF issue, given that I saw a bug with that report on it somewhere in the military screens about mismatching ammunition if left to 'individual choice, ranged'.  And yeahk,t hat's the thing.  I have flechette guns to train gunners cheaply, actual guns for use against live targets, and bows because they're easier to field in numbers.  I nominally CAN mass forbid, but it's a huge pain, so I've just had to hunt manually for my bones.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2015, 09:11:33 pm »

Caught a minor oops. The Hotkeys to Raid Merchant (S)hipping and Raid (S)uccubus Firelodge are the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 07, 2015, 12:50:57 am »

Hey smake, there is a problem - orcs can't make coke from lignite. Also, I dunno if this has been fixed in the current version, but at some point orcs couldn't get plate gauntlets in any way, even though they could get all the other pieces.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 07, 2015, 02:04:08 am »

Thanks for the reports! I will check them when I get a chance.

You sure about the lignite?  They have
entity_slaver_orc.txt(1747): [PERMITTED_REACTION:LIGNITE_TO_COKE]

which should correspond to
[NAME:Make coke(5) from lignite] at the SMELTER. 

(ninja edit...)
AFAIK you're probably right about the gauntlets, our plate stuff reactions are from the time before the DFHack glove-handedness fix, I wouldn't be surprised if i keep forgetting to add 'em since
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:15:58 am by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 07, 2015, 02:14:25 am »

I dunno, at last check I just couldn't make it. Gimme a minute and I'll check again.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 07, 2015, 02:24:42 am »

Okay, that's weird, now it's working.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 07, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »

OK great, glad it's working :)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 09, 2015, 04:09:33 am »

Throwing out a few ideas that came to me, take or leave as you will.

Spoiler: Metals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goblins & Kobolds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Orcish Animals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Masks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Orcish Armour (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Orcish Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:41:58 am by Gamerlord »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #443 on: February 09, 2015, 08:31:10 am »

Just a few notes on that: The murmak does indeed give a ton of meat, but I dont understand why there shouldnt be egg-layers. A few more war-like beasts would be interesting from my point of view.

If orcs could make more use of artisan and animal materials (leathers, chitin, scale, shell, glasses, powdered minerals/ores mixed with other things, like the ironbone/bloodsteel) to make their single hand-crafted weapons, I'd fully support that. The best metals should be dwarf-exclusive, I'm not even sure if my humans will get steel this time. Elves would get woods, not mithril.

I think the metals in MDF were overpowered, with everyone running around in mithril or better, which makes iron and to some degree even steel-clad sieges very easy. This time I'd rather have more cheap, easier low-tech materials and alternatives for iron/steel, but not so much that's better. Dwarves get mithril (lighter, steelgrade) and volcanic (heavier, 50% better than steel), and that is pretty much it. Only exception is the orichalcum, each race has the chance for it, 1 bar per 100 bars of other metals smelted.

Drow will be removed. Warlocks will be renamed to Necromancers. New races will be Titans, Werebeasts, Nightcreatures and Vampires. The other new MDF races I'll replace with those. So Frost Giants, Automatons, Werewolves, Banshees, Centauren... they will go. I should really finish those, so that the other modders can see their files and use whatever they like.

Magic masks already exist. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 09, 2015, 08:43:49 am »

Just a few notes on that: The murmak does indeed give a ton of meat, but I dont understand why there shouldnt be egg-layers. A few more war-like beasts would be interesting from my point of view.
Shit I meant to specify squigs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #445 on: February 09, 2015, 08:59:54 am »

Oh, sorry. Must have skipped that "Squigs." before the sentence with the egg-layers. But why shouldnt they? You dont like the micromanagement, or do they give you too much free food? :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 09, 2015, 09:36:06 am »

Mostly the micro, but I also don't like having to build nest boxes - I like my non-grazing animals in the orc and kobold forts roaming around with everyone.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #447 on: February 09, 2015, 09:44:13 am »

Mostly the micro, but I also don't like having to build nest boxes - I like my non-grazing animals in the orc and kobold forts roaming around with everyone.
That's your personal opinion/playstyle and not a good recommendation for a balance change in a mod with several thousand players.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:01 am »

That's your personal opinion/playstyle and not a good recommendation for a balance change in a mod with several thousand players.
Yeah, it's also that I just can't see squigs as egg-layers. I picture them - for some reason as horrifying mixes between pugs, pigs and wolverines. I don't see that laying an egg.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 09, 2015, 11:03:38 am »

Thanks Gamerlord.  I'm coming to the conclusion that I should rebuild from scratch and take the opportunity to reevaluate some of the way things are organized like dwarf and human tech, and warrior societies.  So a lot of your recommendations are exactly on point.  Some good things I haven't thought of before, i like the idea of a robe or something that protects your other warriors from frostbite.

I'll answer some points that were questions when I'm at a real computer later.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46