Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651189 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3585 on: August 26, 2014, 04:05:35 am »

I've been playing Balanced Hackmons for the past few hours and it is ludicriously difficult. I'd say it's the hardest Pokemon mode I've played yet.

I've lost so, so, so, so many matches it's not even funny. It's so hard to account for EVERYTHING. Literally every pokemon can use every move and every ability and every item. Oh shit, it's a Gourgeist? Wtf is it going to do?! Welp. It's apparently contrary Gourgeist with V-create, Draco Meteor, and Leaf Storm.

Anyway, here's my current team setup. It's doing the best so far, with three wins in a row:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way, if you get any ideas of doing something funny like Geomancy Simple Xerneas... you better think again. Ditto's imposter isn't just for Ditto any more. ANY of the enemy's team can be a Ditto and your +3 Xerneas will be fucked. I learned this lesson the hard way. This is why I don't have a single stat boost in my entire lineup.

Edit: Oh, and apparently only really hardcore Pokemon players play this mode. Compounding the difficulty.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: August 26, 2014, 11:04:26 am »

Pokken Tournament is now a thing. Tsunekazu Ishihara accidentally let slip that it would be coming out for arcade first, so no worries about that.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:06:41 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: August 26, 2014, 12:17:35 pm »

Pokken Tournament is now a thing. Tsunekazu Ishihara accidentally let slip that it would be coming out for arcade first, so no worries about that.
Wow. I thought I would never see a Pokemon crossover stranger than Pokemon Conquest, but nope.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3588 on: August 26, 2014, 12:56:56 pm »

So I see they have found a way to get me to learn how to properly play fighting games.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: August 26, 2014, 08:49:51 pm »

Is it going to be outside of Japan?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3590 on: August 26, 2014, 09:01:47 pm »

The odd thing is, I find myself most impressed by that Lucario has actual textures on him. He looks kinda fluffy
It's FEF, not FEOF

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: August 26, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »

The world's fuzziest, most cuddly Steel-type.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: August 26, 2014, 09:12:09 pm »

It is because his "steel" aspect is entirely in his spikes.

Sadly this isn't the weakest claim to steel type I've seen in Pokémon...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: August 26, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »

It is because his "steel" aspect is entirely in his spikes.

Sadly this isn't the weakest claim to steel type I've seen in Pokémon...
Mawile doesn't really look like a Steel-type.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3594 on: August 26, 2014, 09:36:17 pm »

I assume it is in the big jaw, either specifically the teeth or the thing as a whole.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:15 pm »

Mawille you at least fight it under ground in a steel cave... so you could surmise that its jaws are metal.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: August 27, 2014, 12:52:45 am »

So, how many of you nerds are going to buy Pokemon art academy? Just saw it in the pre-order list today.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: August 27, 2014, 04:09:50 am »

It is because his "steel" aspect is entirely in his spikes
But his.... spirit is metal. Yes, that must be it.

It looks like Pokken Tournament is being developed by Tekken and Soul Calibur team members in part. if I get to combine my love of Pokemon with my love of 8 way run fighting games (basically just Soul Calibur II) I will be a happy camper indeed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: August 27, 2014, 04:27:00 am »

It is because his "steel" aspect is entirely in his spikes
But his.... spirit is metal. Yes, that must be it.

It looks like Pokken Tournament is being developed by Tekken and Soul Calibur team members in part. if I get to combine my love of Pokemon with my love of 8 way run fighting games (basically just Soul Calibur II) I will be a happy camper indeed.

Now imagine if the creators of the Dragon ball fighting games made their attempt at this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: September 02, 2014, 01:56:05 pm »

Here's another awesome underrated pokemon. Durant!

He may not look like much, but appearances can be deceiving. If any of you don't know what Durant does, what do you think this thing is good at? Anyone?

Did you know it has incredible speed combined with ridiculously high defense and attack? Hell, almost everyone I fight doesn't know that Durant is actually faster than guys like Infernape and Cobalion. Think about that for a second. This is a sweeper / wall-breaker that has ridiculously high defense but is faster than half the other sweepers in the game.

Not enough for you? Look at his ability "hustle". It turns meh-ish moves like x-scissor into destroyers. Hell, look at his coverage. He can fight anything. Rock slide, stone edge, iron head, x-scissor, superpower. The list goes on.

He even has baton pass what the fuuuuck.

In fact, this guy is so rare and only used for one single purpose that you can absolutely mindgame opponents. The only time people tend to see Durant is when someone wants to do a truant entrainment switch into a shadow tag Gothitelle. But almost everyone knows this trick and know how to counter it. Conversely, because you know everyone knows this trick, you can next level mindgame them by using a proper Durant with a proper Gothitelle and then act like you're going to entrainment. Except instead of wasting your turn, you completely wreck the opponent who thinks you're an idiot.

He's strong as shit, can 0HKO half the entire pokemon roster with a choice band, outspeeds more than 70% of them, has more physical defense than a Tyranitar, and is only weak to one single thing. This guy will win all your games.*

*Note: Durant will get obliterated by prankster users, Blaziken, and any other speedy fire / special attack users.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 463