Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651801 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3630 on: September 06, 2014, 06:06:49 pm »

Pokemon that don't appear in the current games tend to be rather rare, even on the GTS...

I don't think any of my Eevees sat on the GTS for more than a day. I'd just plop one of the leftovers from my breeding program on there, and check back in a couple hours and repeat the process until pokedex complete. Even things like Unown and Phione were traded for in short order.

Given that you can't even check the pokemon you're trading for, you could even just lie about your Eevee if you didn't have any HA ones or didn't feel like breeding them.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: September 06, 2014, 06:58:20 pm »

There's a load of scammers trying to get people to cough up Rayquazas and Arceuses for Froakies that I'll bet fifty bucks don't have Protean.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: September 06, 2014, 07:00:22 pm »

There's a load of scammers trying to get people to cough up Rayquazas and Arceuses for Froakies that I'll bet fifty bucks don't have Protean.

Which from what I hear is the saving grace of Froakie.

Delphox being the weak of the three.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:27 pm »

It's damned everywhere because Protean increases the power of every attack you do.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: September 06, 2014, 07:51:30 pm »

Wait... Protean Froakie is rare? Where are these people with spare Rayquazas/Arceuses and no access to the Friend Safari?!  :o

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: September 06, 2014, 09:28:22 pm »

Technically, anybody who lives in the middle of nowhere but has wi-fi and an assload of spare Gen III and Gen IV games does.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: September 06, 2014, 09:28:56 pm »

Or, y'know, hackers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: September 06, 2014, 10:01:39 pm »

Hackers aren't likely interested in easily-obtainable HA starters, though.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: September 06, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »

Which from what I hear is the saving grace of Froakie.

Delphox being the weak of the three.

Yeah, otherwise Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja would merely be a speedy and frail scout, maybe a suicide lead?

Whatsisname, Chesnaught gets a pretty horrible HA, and is 4x weak to flying. Only cool bit is Spiky Shield which is essentially just Protect but with a rough skin damage with it.

Delphox gets an ability that means any contact move can steal, as if you used the move Thief. Pity that it's, y'know a special attacker or screener. I think the only time i've EVER seen a delphox running a contact move is Flame Charge to speed it up.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: September 08, 2014, 05:28:52 pm »

There will be a Shiny Gengar with mega stone distributed at Gamestop in the US from October 13th – 26th. Diancie will be distributed at Gamestop from October 27th – November 16th
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: September 09, 2014, 07:35:32 pm »

Going to play Pokemon Blaze Black 2 while waiting for the new games to come out. Quite interested in this romhack as it doesn't change too much. Only makes all the pokemon catchable in game and makes the trainers and gym leaders more difficult without fucking over the actual pokemon themselves.

The modder mentioned that he did introduce a few changes into the pokemon but when I went over them it seems like he mostly just made them in line with what the abilities are now. Examples would be allowing Butterfree to learn hurricane and bug buzz. Stuff like that. Some other changes include making cut grass type (why was it never grass type in the first place?) but nothing particularly major as far as I can tell. The modder seems to be quite intimately familiar with competitive Pokemon battling, so even if he gave Samurott shell smash, it kinda makes sense.

Here's the link for anyone else interested: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26326-Pok%E9mon-Blaze-Black-2-amp-Pok%E9mon-Volt-White-2&s=e0564c94a3c35bc257567e8dc1b3d24b

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »

Already playing Volt White 2 myself. Used a cheat to get Eevee as my starter, evolved it into an Umbreon and and DEMOLISHED the poison gym. Good times.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: September 09, 2014, 08:14:55 pm »

Hi, I've never played the game since gold and silver, and a little bit of ruby, emerald, and diamond, and I must ask.  WHAT IS THIS?! FROAKIE?  GLOBAL TRADE?  HACKERS? PROTEAN?  How, what? How the heck does Tekken fit into this?  Man I've been away for too long. 

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:53 pm »

Froakie is a starter that evolves into the immensely popular Greninja, assuming it has the hidden ability of Protean (which is like reverse Color Change and makes every move a STAB move. Basically, Greninja is Batman, except it's a frog.)

Global Trade is a wifi feature that lets you complete the ever-growing 'dex.

Hackers: Ever since gimmicks like Wondertomb came into play, hacked 'mons are loved.

Tekken: Making some kind of spinoff game or something.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: September 09, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »

Already playing Volt White 2 myself. Used a cheat to get Eevee as my starter, evolved it into an Umbreon and and DEMOLISHED the poison gym. Good times.
Heh, it seems pretty good so far. Especially with the challenge mode (fuck yes look at these gym leader teams!)

I'm playing Nuzlocke and my pokemon is a level 2 Wurmple. Good times.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 463