Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651846 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5880 on: December 23, 2016, 09:29:33 pm »

It's not really too much of a spoiler since this was true in a few other games but just in case:

It's bad only compared to some of the other dungeons. It really isn't that bad overall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Repel is your friend. Although that doesn't work on the ones that are visible in the overworld
Yeah, I know. But.. Any interesting mons here I should look for though? I feel this place might have at least one I might want to catch.
There is a small hidden cave to the west right before the path north after opening the shortcut with strength machamp. Inside that cave at bubbling fishing spots you have a 10% chance to find dratinis.  They also very commonly sos call dragonair.

Bad news, the bubbling fishing spot only appears in the back of that cave.  Being a PITA because you need one ride poke to break the rocks, and another to fish.  Good news is it will respawn if you leave the cave and reenter if you don't get them on the first try.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:33:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: December 23, 2016, 10:29:06 pm »

Was in the mood for lols so started a Randomized Nuzlocke run in Zeta. I'm horribly underprepared for this.
The wiki says it doesn't enforce the "only one catch per area" thing but I'm starting to wonder.
15 pokeballs
No captures.

I'm basically Youngster Joey. "I TRIED TO CATCH A PIDGEY TODAY, BUT IT GOT AWAY"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: December 24, 2016, 07:37:07 am »

I'm basically Youngster Joey. "I TRIED TO CATCH A PIDGEY TODAY, BUT IT GOT AWAY"
Now you know how NPCs feel.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: December 24, 2016, 09:27:45 am »

Bad news, the bubbling fishing spot only appears in the back of that cave.  Being a PITA because you need one ride poke to break the rocks, and another to fish.  Good news is it will respawn if you leave the cave and reenter if you don't get them on the first try.

If you don't mind gaming the system (or are just super tired of rocketing back and forth on your shark), you can always save at the bubbling spot and soft reset. (I wore out all my patience running back and forth for feebas, so that's my excuse.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: December 25, 2016, 01:08:35 pm »

Playing around a bit with Isle Avue, and it doesn't seem like the hot spring hatches every egg at the same rate. I put in two Beldum eggs at the same time last night, and today one of them hatched, while the other has been at "looks like it will hatch any moment now" for nearly an hour since.

It also doesn't seem like anyone wants to trade version-exclusive Ultra Beats. I've had a Kartana up for trade for couple of days now for Celesteela, but nobody's taking. I took it off the GTS and gave it a Pearl String to see if that will entice anyone.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: December 25, 2016, 06:39:30 pm »

Wonder Trade's given me some rather bizarre offerings. I got a Pheromosa, a shiny 6IV Bagon, a shiny 6IV Popplio, and numerous other well-trained or bred pokemon besides.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: December 25, 2016, 07:02:03 pm »

Really? All I've gotten so far is a Ratata, and a Lv.1 Magikarp in a Beast Ball... whose stats I've yet to check. I haven't unlocked the IV calculator yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: December 25, 2016, 10:56:06 pm »

From what I understand a number of people have been in the giving mood and been giving away stuff like 6iv dittos and various shinies for the holiday.  I myself while I have no shinies have been wondertrading away some decent 3 4 and 5 iv babies.

Just gave away my last wondertrade.  A 6 iv marvel scale dratini.  Name seemed vaguely familiar so I hoope one of y'all got her :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:39:08 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: December 26, 2016, 04:35:45 am »

Really? All I've gotten so far is a Ratata, and a Lv.1 Magikarp in a Beast Ball... whose stats I've yet to check. I haven't unlocked the IV calculator yet.

It's actually very easy to churn out baby pokemon. Flame body pokemon in the lead, five eggs, then in that spot just south of the nursery, you can run in circles in the little box where an item used to be while on Tauros. You'll hatch an egg in a matter of a minute or two of running, then by the time you do so, you can go up to the farm girl and replace the newly hatched pokemon with another egg. I've gotten something like 60 eggs hatched so far using that, wonder traded all of them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: December 26, 2016, 07:14:05 am »

You know what would be interesting but they can never do now?

If they got rid of the whole Shiny system and instead replaced it with a system so "Shiny" pokemon can be any color or any multitude of colors.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: December 26, 2016, 07:28:13 am »

You know what would be interesting but they can never do now?

If they got rid of the whole Shiny system and instead replaced it with a system so "Shiny" pokemon can be any color or any multitude of colors.
Like say a Gardevoir that's red or grey in place of the green or blue? Back in Gen-3 days I thought my former friend had a red Kirlia in his box, but my mis-conception  was due to getting a glance of a Shiftry sprite.
Then Pokken gives me Red Gardevoir. which leads to this idea of mine that could easily be the new system:

Instead of finding Shiny Pokemon, you instead have that much chance of finding a held-item that allows you to recolor you pokemon, the item is held by wilds and cannot be theif'ed/etc and is completely consumed when you recolor you pokemon. which like SuMo clothing, can be done with Berries or some other consumable item, making such pokemon even rarer.
I'd say the recolor Pokemon would be untradeale but the recoloration item(s) could be.

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: December 26, 2016, 08:59:26 am »

But since there doesn't seem to be a way to know what item a wild Pokemon might be holding without using Thief, doesn't that mean that a player would, on average, have to capture 4,000 individual pokemon just to get a single color-changing item? That's an insane number of pokeballs, and would glut Wonder Trade/GTS even more than it already is.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: December 26, 2016, 09:12:07 am »

But since there doesn't seem to be a way to know what item a wild Pokemon might be holding without using Thief, doesn't that mean that a player would, on average, have to capture 4,000 individual pokemon just to get a single color-changing item? That's an insane number of pokeballs, and would glut Wonder Trade/GTS even more than it already is.

Let players know if a pokemon is holding a color change item... In fact... give it away by making them a different color :P

Pokémon is starting to be bogged down by its own mechanics :P

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: December 26, 2016, 12:41:09 pm »

You know how shiny pokemon give off a visual and audio "glimmer" when they appear? that glimmer could still be there, indicating the held item.

Let players know if a pokemon is holding a color change item... In fact... give it away by making them a different color :P

Pokémon is starting to be bogged down by its own mechanics :P
Or that,

Or heck, even both. lol.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 12:43:05 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: December 26, 2016, 04:02:53 pm »

Frisk, too.  Item farming basically amounts to the following:
1. Put a fainted Pokemon with Compound Eyes (increased chance of wild Pokemon having held items) in first slot
2. Put a Pokemon with Frisk (and if possible, a move like Thief, Covet, Trick, or Switcheroo) in the second slot - Banette is a nice option
2a. If your Pokemon with Frisk doesn't have a thief-type move, add a Pokemon with such a move to your team
3. Farm forever.

Good for Lucky Eggs, good for evolution stones, but not good for anyone who didn't have time or patience to farm without surcease.  Tying a feature to a consumable item that cannot be taken with those moves, though, would be a bit of a pain.  Frisk would be the only way to check if the item is held.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 04:04:51 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 463