Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 38838 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2024, 07:44:48 pm »

[REAGENT:bloodwine:150:DRINK:PLANT_MAT:CRIMSONBERRY:DRINK] should probably be changed to DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT..., you missed the item subtype space. Not sure if that would fix it on its own, but it might.

[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:VAMP1:DRINK_MAT] - should remove drink_mat, inorganics can't have materials to link to like creatures or plants can. You didn't mention if it produces the correct product or not, but that might prevent it from producing one once you get to that stage.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2024, 07:28:43 am »

[REAGENT:bloodwine:150:DRINK:PLANT_MAT:CRIMSONBERRY:DRINK] should probably be changed to DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT..., you missed the item subtype space. Not sure if that would fix it on its own, but it might.
[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:VAMP1:DRINK_MAT] - should remove drink_mat, inorganics can't have materials to link to like creatures or plants can. You didn't mention if it produces the correct product or not, but that might prevent it from producing one once you get to that stage.

Some more poking around, changing a few things up (your second point explained a few other problems I had been having!) and adding a reaction class to the Bloodwine material seems to have fixed it! Currently the reaction and the drink it creates appears to work, although I need to do some more testing but it certainly changes the tile and name of affected dwarves, now need to see if other syndromes and affects work!

Going to put it here in case this is ever useful for anybody else:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2024, 04:33:20 pm »

Some more poking around, changing a few things up (your second point explained a few other problems I had been having!) and adding a reaction class to the Bloodwine material seems to have fixed it! Currently the reaction and the drink it creates appears to work, although I need to do some more testing but it certainly changes the tile and name of affected dwarves, now need to see if other syndromes and affects work!

Going to put it here in case this is ever useful for anybody else:

How exactly are you giving them vampirism with alcohol I'd love to know how you're doing that I haven't messed with vampirism very much but it sounds intriguing I'd love to make a drink that makes someone a vampire exciting!!!!!

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2024, 12:34:49 pm »

How exactly are you giving them vampirism with alcohol I'd love to know how you're doing that I haven't messed with vampirism very much but it sounds intriguing I'd love to make a drink that makes someone a vampire exciting!!!!!

I have made it more convoluted than neccessary, in its most basic form you could do it by create a plant/fruit with an alcohol template that inflicts a syndrome that mimics vampirism. I don't think the dwarf would turn up normally in legends as a vampire (they would not have the proper 'cursed to prowl the night' notes) but in every other way it appears to work properly!

You could probably do the same with Necromancers and Werewolves as well.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2024, 03:54:56 pm »

Yeah that's how ive been doing syndromes with powers. If you go one step further and use the material syndrome to grant an on-self-only CDI that links to the curse interaction, then it can link them as a cursed historical figure, and then for instance spread vampirism through their blood.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2024, 09:16:01 am »

I have made it more convoluted than neccessary, in its most basic form you could do it by create a plant/fruit with an alcohol template that inflicts a syndrome that mimics vampirism. I don't think the dwarf would turn up normally in legends as a vampire (they would not have the proper 'cursed to prowl the night' notes) but in every other way it appears to work properly!

You could probably do the same with Necromancers and Werewolves as well.

Yeah the vampire tricks pretty cool I've been doing a lot of practicing and experimenting around here lately and you definitely could get your vampires in history definitely 100%, and it would be literally easy as hell and they would be everywhere and it would be a nightmare and funny probably depending if that's what you want

Super duper easy using I source secrets and then put that syndrome in an I source secret and then someone will learn it and if you're lucky or depending on your case unlucky they'll teach it to everyone

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2024, 09:26:38 am »

Yeah that's how ive been doing syndromes with powers. If you go one step further and use the material syndrome to grant an on-self-only CDI that links to the curse interaction, then it can link them as a cursed historical figure, and then for instance spread vampirism through their blood.
Super duper easy using I source secrets and then put that syndrome in an I source secret and then someone will learn it and if you're lucky or depending on your case unlucky they'll teach it to everyone

Is there any chance that either of you could provide an example of using an on self only CDI linkingto an interaction? I tend to work best when I can copy and reverse engineer something but I have little to not experience with CDI tokens and most of my downloaded mods I use for reference do not have syndrome examples I can poke at!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2024, 02:02:57 pm »

Is there any chance that either of you could provide an example of using an on self only CDI linkingto an interaction? I tend to work best when I can copy and reverse engineer something but I have little to not experience with CDI tokens and most of my downloaded mods I use for reference do not have syndrome examples I can poke at!
<3 hope this helps :D ask me what you want I may or may not be able to help all of my mods 90% focus on syndrome and interaction stuff
This here is placed in the body of a syndrome
[SYNDROME]

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:0:ABRUPT:END:12000:DWF_STRETCH:144]
            [CDI:ADV_NAME:learn the secrets of life and death]
            [CDI:INTERACTION:THE_BIG_SECRET]
            [CDI:TARGET:SELF_ONLY]
            [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEART][CDI:VERBAL]
            [CDI:VERB:finally figured it all out:thinks, first immortality!! then the world!!!:NA]
            [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2024, 06:54:31 am »

<3 hope this helps :D ask me what you want I may or may not be able to help all of my mods 90% focus on syndrome and interaction stuff

Thanks so much! I have only middling experiences with syndromes in particular, so based on what I know, this is giving a temporary ability to grant permanent vampirism, and then once the interaction has been used, it won't be able to be used again.

So do you think it would work if the material syndrome looks like this? (the spacing got a little messed up by the forum I am afraid)

[SYNDROME]
      [SYN_NAME:lesser bloodwine]
      [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
           [SYN_INGESTED]
         [SYN_NAME:lesser vampirism]
                  [CDI:VERB:finally figured it all out:thinks, first immortality!! then the world!!!:NA]

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2024, 01:30:59 pm »

Thanks so much! I have only middling experiences with syndromes in particular, so based on what I know, this is giving a temporary ability to grant permanent vampirism, and then once the interaction has been used, it won't be able to be used again.

So do you think it would work if the material syndrome looks like this? (the spacing got a little messed up by the forum I am afraid)

[SYNDROME]
      [SYN_NAME:lesser bloodwine]
           [SYN_INGESTED]
         [SYN_NAME:lesser vampirism]

If the interaction that you're referencing in that syndrome is set up properly yeah it should work
 no it'll work every time he drinks that liquid lol, it just won't completely work every time he drinks the liquid cuz he's already a vampire and you probably get spam in the log about the CDI verb

Add an IE_FORBIDDEN in the interaction so they become immune afterwards, you shouldn't need to though i don't think?

Currently I'm still working with the necromancer mechanisms I haven't got to the vampires or the other undead yet
this is an example of what the history will look like

With some tinkering I was able to get an interaction to happen on just the affected creature. You have to set the interaction up to where it only accepts one Target.

There's some really great examples on how to do a lot of things on the steam workshop Eric blanks spellcraft mod is wonderful to learn from it does a lot if you can reverse engineer that mod you can do anything with the game almost literally anything.

This isn't classical vampirism mind you this is vampirism created from interactions spread through secret true vampirism through curse is a wee bit different and I don't fully understand it yet
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]