Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13310 13311 [13312]

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14774778 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199665 on: April 20, 2024, 08:10:14 am »

5 mates in one bedroom, or 5 people sharing a common dwelling?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #199666 on: April 21, 2024, 09:32:43 am »

5 mates in one bedroom, or 5 people sharing a common dwelling?

Dang that's a lot of roommates, you in a house or a barracks?

Of course the 6 boys sharing a common dwelling . It might sound like I am living in the barracks , but it is very common here , in a more ordinary condition , the standard number should be 4, but due to the backwardness of the building of college dormitory , we have to live in a more crowded way .

If you study abroad here in ShanDong University , the dormitory our school provided for you would be very nice , you will own a TV , a washing machine or some other useful furniture for each room . However we do not have that high treatment .

Talking about the "5 mates" , I am not a racist , but rumors about our university once spread that our school treats the foreign black male students with 3 beautiful female mates . :D
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199667 on: April 21, 2024, 11:57:18 am »

"I'm not a racist, but" is usually something someone says before saying something racist, so when you find yourself in the situation of being about to say that phrase, it's a good idea to find a different way to phrase what you're saying. ;)

For example, a client once told me that she's "not a homophobe, but", and then complained about someone who happens to be gay but that didn't have anything to do with what we were talking about. The fact she felt the need to say she's not a homophobe makes me suspect she is, because the information wasn't relevant!
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199668 on: April 21, 2024, 12:50:48 pm »

Be careful  out justifying or qualifying your thoughts.

Who are you explaining the disparity you seem to have to?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199669 on: April 21, 2024, 03:21:16 pm »

If you study abroad here in ShanDong University , the dormitory our school provided for you would be very nice , you will own a TV , a washing machine or some other useful furniture for each room . However we do not have that high treatment .

That's a less-than-amazing arrangement. One would expect they would treat their own at least as well as others. I would feel uncomfortable as a foreign student if I knew I had better accomodations than the domestic students. I imagine it can engender resentment. My school has a lot of international students and they shuffle them into the same housing system as everyone else.

Talking about the "5 mates" , I am not a racist , but rumors about our university once spread that our school treats the foreign black male students with 3 beautiful female mates . :D

That's an unfortunate rumor. I understand you meant no harm, but I wouldn't spread it myself as it could be hurtful to these students and make them feel unwelcome or that others' image of them is not as high and respectable.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199670 on: April 21, 2024, 03:31:02 pm »

That's a less-than-amazing arrangement. One would expect they would treat their own at least as well as others. I would feel uncomfortable as a foreign student if I knew I had better accomodations than the domestic students. I imagine it can engender resentment. My school has a lot of international students and they shuffle them into the same housing system as everyone else.

My understanding is that sort of thing isn't all that strange in China. Foreign students and workers, especially Westerners, get preferential treatment and have more favourable bargaining positions than their Chinese counterparts do. Not sure why in the case of students.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #199671 on: April 22, 2024, 09:55:22 am »

My understanding is that sort of thing isn't all that strange in China. Foreign students and workers, especially Westerners, get preferential treatment and have more favourable bargaining positions than their Chinese counterparts do. Not sure why in the case of students.

Our university needs to improve its ranking in the world , which might require a high proportion of international students. So ,many  Chinese university gives a favorable treat for them. As a result , many Afrian students came here , not only for the treat , but also for a better chance to study in a higher-level school . It might make me thick of one famous slang from the Qing Dynasty "量中华之物力, 结与国之欢心'' (with all we Chinese have to make you foreigners fond and happy)

Talking about the 3-mate-rumor, it is really upsetting , each time you search about 山东大学 (shandong University)here online , you will always find some articles talking about this , it makes me sometimes feel upset ,frustrated and ashamed , which left a bad reputation to us, sometimes makes me look like a joke to go to such a school which worships to the foreigners .

Talking about the racism , I have nothing to say about the rumor , but I do dislike the smelly smoky perfume from the foreigners' body , that smells so unnatural , in House M. D. , Doctor Forman ,starring by an African American , is the best House-styled one ,and I do like him best, in the opera Les miserable ,the black-edition Javet, make me believe in the dignity of the law and deepen my love of Victor Hugo's romantic novels. Anyway it is rare to have any interactions with the Colored people here, so it seems not so important .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 10:10:32 am by zhijinghaofromchina »
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199672 on: April 22, 2024, 11:28:05 am »

I couldn't get into Echoes of the Eye myself, but I've watched Sovietwomble's streams of it (I did play the base game though) and my God, Outer Wilds is such a beautiful and melancholic game.

EDIT: Stage one of Operation Befriend The Crows has been completed - Finding some unsalted nuts (Peanuts, in this case. Everything else was salted).

Now I just need to go around carrying a few in my pocket and chuck them towards the local crows when I go past them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:17:27 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199673 on: April 29, 2024, 12:47:47 pm »

internet finally back, been down since last week

bandwidth again ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199674 on: April 29, 2024, 04:14:02 pm »

Getting into modding Vicky 3, of a sorts. Basically I'm wanting to fork a mod and work on it a bit, see what I can get sorted.

First thing was fixing country names. No small task because it's a mod that turns every state into a country, that's over 1000 damn nations. Each one was in full caps and had underscores instead of spaces, so I had to go through and manually change every country and country adjective, which took about 90 minutes. But, it's done and saved. Now I just need to deal with the compulsion to hit ctrl+s every few seconds.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199675 on: April 29, 2024, 06:16:56 pm »

... so notepad++ has a "convert case to" option if you're just dealing with one file, and it looks like there's a fairly simple regex find/replace* you can run through find in file if not. Just in case you have to do that again, heh.

I've done some very amateur MTL work on some mods and, let me tell you, trying to do that shit manually will kill your soul. Even making that sort of change to the entire project in one sweep is demoralizing when there's several hundred similar shifts to be made. There's tools to make adjustments like that on multiple files, learn them, love them.

*find \<(\w+1), replace with \L \u \1

haven't actually tested it, but it's probably fine, heh
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 06:24:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199676 on: April 29, 2024, 09:31:53 pm »

Ah, the issue was I was having to replace each name with a capitalised name too, and I was adding some customised adjectives. I figured there was something to do it faster, but for some reason I got a wee bit hyperfixated on it and, despite it being drudgery, got into a bit of a flow.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199677 on: April 29, 2024, 09:47:13 pm »

I've found adobe bridge to be excellent for mass renaming stuff, its by far the best and least hassle out of all the utilities I've tried.
Given that its free it seems to be the fairly obvious choice to me if you need a mass renaming program.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199678 on: April 30, 2024, 12:36:26 am »

I have launched my third book!

In the year 2234, as part of a multi-species expedition to poorly-charted space, a ship is dispatched to a 'glass planet' with unusual conditions. There, Iraklijs the human and his alien friends and coworkers discover a mysterious precursor installation, teeming with riches and secrets, but also dangers. What they discover there will drastically change the understanding of the isolated Silent Empire and perhaps the whole Central Oval...

This is, in effect, a sci-fi dungeon crawl. It's mostly self-contained but it's recommended to read Stardust: Origins and/or Stardust: Marathon first, for context. The writing style is slightly different here too.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/85822/stardust-labyrinth
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 13310 13311 [13312]