Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1085553 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4635 on: August 31, 2016, 12:30:39 pm »

What does "xcode-select -p" give you?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: August 31, 2016, 03:40:23 pm »

What does "xcode-select -p" give you?

It gives me a link to the "/Contents/Developer" internal folder of my Xcode 6.4 app.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: September 05, 2016, 08:33:56 pm »

Is there a way to get unambiguous global coordinates for a tile?  The current XYZ coordinate objects depend on the top-left corner or the embark site, and I'm not sure how it works in adventure mode at all.

I'd like the Accessibility Utility to handle intelligently when there are multiple player forts in the same world, and be consistent when used in Adventure mode.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: September 06, 2016, 01:14:38 am »

you can get the global coordinates of the top-left corner of the embark site in embark tiles, which you can multiply by 16 to get the coordinates in map tiles.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: September 06, 2016, 07:43:43 am »

How difficult is it to turn constructions into natual stone?

I want to make a plugin that allows you to make dirt walls. (Any dirt, because specifying isn't possible)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: September 06, 2016, 08:04:39 am »

How difficult is it to turn constructions into natual stone?

I want to make a plugin that allows you to make dirt walls. (Any dirt, because specifying isn't possible)

Short answer: yes
Long answer: no

J.k...

There is a question of "natural" and "stone". You say you want to make dirt walls, which is different from "stone". In DF there is such thing as "layers" and "regions" and so on. Thus "natural" tiles get to be fixed (e.g. you can't have dirt in lower levels (note: not sure how cave-ins do it though) ). And the second thing is "unnatural" - i.e. vein materials.
So if you want to have fullproof script/plugin it needs to:
  • create a new vein (or check if correct one exists) with correct material
  • set tile-type to the "undug vein tile"
  • probably set the tile one level up as "floor" for the same vein
  • probably remove construction that did this
  • maybe mark some flags (e.g. recalculate pathing?)
So it's not trivial but not very hard either.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: September 06, 2016, 08:14:45 am »

I did do some experiments with the tiletypes command, which let me put dirt walls anywhere except constructions.

What I didn't test, but what I would want this for, was see if trees grow on the resulting dirt.

I want hanging gardens.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: September 06, 2016, 08:37:58 am »

I did do some experiments with the tiletypes command, which let me put dirt walls anywhere except constructions.

What I didn't test, but what I would want this for, was see if trees grow on the resulting dirt.

I want hanging gardens.
Ah yes i forgot. Also there is layers and soil-layers. So soil is a bit of special thing.

Edit: now i also want that... Maybe some other method? e.g designate farm, plant "special" plant -> turn into dirt. This way you could ask players to engineer the pumping and etc. because imho the replace construction part is the harder one
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:12:09 am by Warmist »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4643 on: September 06, 2016, 10:12:46 am »

I've been away for a month... how has the progress for a dfhack 43.05 been?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: September 06, 2016, 10:18:39 am »

I was trying to make a speed boot. you know, a speed boot, like in Nethack well I made the following item
[ITEM_SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SPEED]
[NAME:speed boot:speed boots]
[ARMORLEVEL:1]
[UPSTEP:1]
[METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:25]
[LAYER_PERMIT:15]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[METAL]
[LEATHER]
[HARD]
and the following creature[CREATURE:ARTIFACT]
           [ARENA_RESTRICTED]
              [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[NAME:::][CASTE_NAME:::]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SPEED_BOOT:STONE_TEMPLATE]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:3:0:1]
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:speed boot]
      [MELTING_POINT:5]
      [BOILING_POINT:9509]
         [SYNDROME]      
         [SYN_NAME:speed_boot]
         [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:250:START:0:END:10000]
and I used the following scripts in onLoad.init
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_SHOES_SPEED -onEquip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "speed_boot" -resetPolicy ResetDuration -target \\UNIT_ID ]
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_HELM_SPEED -onUnequip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -erase -syndrome "speed_boot" -resetPolicy ResetDuration -target \\UNIT_ID ]
and while it does seem to work to equip the boots(although it seems work simply by picking them up. is there a way to fix that too), when I take the boots off it does erase the the syndrome, but the charecter is still extra speedy. how do I fix it?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: September 06, 2016, 10:46:31 am »

I want hanging gardens.
Hmmm, I think you need to clear the construction tile first, like tiletypes paint m air s empty > construction tiles > paint m soil s wall > the new open spaces
I was playing with this while fiddling with engraving constructions before discovering I can just change advfort to let me engrave them directly.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: September 06, 2016, 11:47:39 am »

(note: not sure how cave-ins do it though)

When I was writing my Lua library for determining a tile's material I experimented with cave-ins. It turns out the game creates mineral veins for them, most of the time... Sometimes it fails to create the veins (for no apparent reason), which is why sometimes the cave-in aquifer piercing method fails.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: September 06, 2016, 11:56:53 am »

Hmmm, I was doing different cave-in experiments with ice and obsidian and constructions in adventurer mode, it's how I clear magma and such for constructions in a lot of areas, and I've used it to punch through the floors of cavern lakes as well.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: September 06, 2016, 12:50:19 pm »

Hmmm, I was doing different cave-in experiments with ice and obsidian and constructions in adventurer mode, it's how I clear magma and such for constructions in a lot of areas, and I've used it to punch through the floors of cavern lakes as well.
Actually obsidian is yet another special case. Because of that you can only have one "obsidian" per DF (sadly).

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: September 06, 2016, 12:55:18 pm »

Isn't the "LAVA" stone a per-region setting? AFAIK if you define more than one you can get a mix in one world, but only one per embark.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 360