Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 387700 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3150 on: July 01, 2017, 04:15:52 am »

I kinda wanna make "alternate 1940" Era of Diesel* game with 14 players (Greece, Yugoslavia, Romania, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Germany, UK, France, USSR).

Can we get 14 reliable players on this site tho :vc
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: July 01, 2017, 02:24:29 pm »

Has there been any games featuring necromancy in modern times?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: July 01, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »

I kinda wanna make "alternate 1940" Era of Diesel* game with 14 players (Greece, Yugoslavia, Romania, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Germany, UK, France, USSR).

Can we get 14 reliable players on this site tho :vc

Call USSR or Germany

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: July 01, 2017, 04:46:35 pm »

Call USSR or Germany

Don't call for a game that probably won't go up :P

-snip-

Has there been any games featuring necromancy in modern times?

Not that I know of, but the concept is highly interesting. Do we speak 20th century modern times or modern-modern times, as in the 2000s??

Skeletons with iPods?
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: July 02, 2017, 02:50:01 am »

Modern-modern times.

What would a necromancer do today? Youtube pranks involving zombies? Corporate espionage employing spirits and ghosts? I started wondering about that after reading some grimoires. As you said, it is intriguing concept.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: July 02, 2017, 03:13:00 am »

Modern-modern times.

What would a necromancer do today? Youtube pranks involving zombies? Corporate espionage employing spirits and ghosts? I started wondering about that after reading some grimoires. As you said, it is intriguing concept.
I have a feeling it'd be essentially Resident Evil.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: July 02, 2017, 05:59:36 am »

Modern-modern times.

Sweeyshop labor, most likely.

Zombies are cheaper than robots.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: July 02, 2017, 10:27:22 am »

Definitely dumb labor.

Workers in oil fields, workers on construction sites, sweatshop workers, soldiers in battles over oil, miners digging for precious rocks, workers refining oil into petrol and tarmac and lubricants, workers on offshore oil platforms...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: July 02, 2017, 10:31:58 am »

Like the "recycled labor" in unsounded?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: July 02, 2017, 10:46:29 am »

Like the "recycled labor" in unsounded?
Precisely so. Except more geared to the oil industry.

That reminds me, I haven't read that for a couple months.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: July 02, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »

The Unfamiliar Year of 1940!!

Just throwing it out here so Tyrant Leviathan can call dibs on Germans :P
SigFlags!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: July 02, 2017, 02:01:08 pm »

There's several directions to go with modern Necromancy. Is its existence known by the non-magical public, and to what degree? Is it legal, or illegal? What does it take to become a Necromancer? Does one need to be born with talent for necromancy to use it, or can most anyone learn it? Is it taught in schools and universities, or is it more of a hobby? Do other forms of magic exist, and if so, what are they? How do widespread religions handle the topic of Necromancy? Is there some sort of racism against/for necromancers? How long has necromancy been around? Is it some ancient art that has reached its limits, or are there still necromantic innovators crafting new spells, making more efficient zombie structures, and/or connecting the arts with modern technology? Does it affect the way the living treats or buries the simply dead? Is there any demand for necromancers in the workplace? Is Necromancy a dying art, or is it in the middle of a renaissance? How does necromancy work? How is necromancy seen from a moral perspective? IS there any demand for artificial skeletons or zombies? How about organic undead servants? is undeath a worse fate that death?

Are there different varieties of necromancer? Are certain objects needed to perform Necromancy? Does it have any affect or cost on the body? Are liches possible? How do necromancers get stronger? Are there zombies with free will? Do necromancers have any particular goals or dreams in mind? Do governments use necromancy? Can necromancy revive an undead soul within an inanimate object? Is necromancy limited to manipulating the dead, or can it also directly cause death to the living? Can necromancers only create zombies, or are skeletons and ghost available, too? Does the Grim Reaper, or other Death-incarnate deity, exist, and if so, what does he think about necromancy? Is necromancy expensive or cheap? Are some souls or bodies innately more useful, powerful, or otherwise special than others?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: July 02, 2017, 03:44:45 pm »

Several? That's 32 very good questions.

Back to my original question, the answer appears to be "No, there hasn't been any games featuring necromancy in modern times".
Old sigs.
Games.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:41 pm »

Answer all those questions and you are well on your way to a consistent, interesting setting.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: July 07, 2017, 08:57:07 am »

Ideas in head.

Sovereign: PVP thing set in space. There is no tech tree, but lots of options. Three to nine players. Plot is that I n future humanity rules this solar system. Sovereign is king/queen of it. Whoever holds title of sovereign the law test after turn counter is over, wins. Problem? Sovereign is not a moron and got to deal with the other players who want the same thing.

Company Commander:  A SG story game in which you command a gigantic drop ship worth of soldiers and gear. Explore space and fight in funded warfare.

Space Ship: Another SG. Here you manage a space ship. Big difference is get to decide background of ship, crew, and their over all mission  statement.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 237