Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192582 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 115 The plot thickens
« Reply #2805 on: September 10, 2015, 05:39:25 pm »

Swing spear around for a bit as practice. Then fly back to the starting portal. Create two force essences on the way.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: September 10, 2015, 11:03:16 pm »

((...what even is this essence thing I keep seeing?))
Basically, you can make an essence of an affinity that you have, and make rolls as if it was a spell (including causing and receiving the penalties for casting multiple spells in a turn). You can use the essence later to give yourself a bonus to a spell's spell rolls, which depend on your spell rolls for the creation of the essence.

NAV, do you mind saving that shield for later? Us undead tend to be healed by necromantic energy, as a general rule of thumb.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: September 11, 2015, 02:04:02 am »

((Could i create a golden rod with a electric-enhancing orb at the top of it?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 11, 2015, 02:16:59 am »

"Hmph, what a dick. I'll have a word with him. One of my goals is to protect and restore all that is green, so don't worry, as long as I live I will stop them. Granted, I'm not terribly fast. I'll see to restore your form after I have dealt with greater danger."

Last words to the treehouse. Go to James while staying clear of the horrible artifact he summoned. Three essences.

To James: "You know, twisting others into form that is not natural for them without their permission shows really poor taste. At least stay with him and talk with him instead of abandoning him like that! Do not beget fury of nature."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: September 11, 2015, 11:25:26 am »

To Shias:
"But I do stay with him and talk to him. At least when he lets me, he's not very talkative. I never abandoned him.

I guess if he really wants I can change him into a normal tree. Or you could. I just thought this would be a way to live with nature instead of against to it. Sorry."

To the tree:
"Sorry. I never abandoned you, I'm right here. If you really want, we can change your form back to a normal tree. I'm guessing you want to keep your intelligence and shape changing though?"

Walk over to James, who seems to be having a bit of trouble with his summonin'
"Need some luck, summoner? I've 'eard that it proves useful in your work."
"That would be very very helpful. I've tried inproving my luck before, but no luck. So what can I do for you in exchange?"

My most immediate concern is summoning a hazardous artifact containment unit, ideally large enough for quite a few artifacts. Don't want all that cancer and necromancy and eldritch radiating everywhere. Use 2/2 of essences on this.
Then two summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: September 11, 2015, 12:34:54 pm »

((Could i create a golden rod with a electric-enhancing orb at the top of it?))

((Yes))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 11, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

((Even if it does not add CMP, that's fine. I only need ranged to affect his insides now? As experimentation has shown, ranged modifier forms a projectile and summoning lets mage to affect target without possibility of dodging. Please correct me if this is wrong.))

"Ah, perfect. Now that everyone is nearing their deaths... You served me well in this battle, demon. May I inquire your name? Also, on a related note, does your kin use soul shards for empowerment? I was thinking about giving you a few..."

((Yes, you can target liquids, those inside people included. Summoning can be dodged. The diference is that ranged uses your DEX and summoning uses your targets DEX.))

I am known as Xazoliomuhr. The shards you hold, the power is contained. But the soul is not whole. It does not hold. If I used it, power would flay away quickly. Unless I bound it, which would need even more power. At least five would be needed for permanence.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: September 11, 2015, 02:56:23 pm »

((Thanks for clarification!))

"Perfect. Five it would be. Then, Xazoliomuhr, deal with the dwarf while I collect your reward from elven remains..."

Collect shards from the newly dead and give five of them to the demon, observe results. If bees still aren't finished with their master - leave them be and head to the lake. Something is bound to happen there soon...

EDIT: Get cutlass as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 06:54:44 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: September 11, 2015, 02:58:18 pm »

Hi, A freind recommended this game to me and I'd like to submit a character if you are still accepting new characters at this late stage in the game.

Name: Skelliborn
Affinity: Necromancy
Description(optional): The re-animated skeleton of a great warlock who strayed too deeply in the Dark arts.
STR=2
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: September 11, 2015, 03:56:08 pm »

Hi, A freind recommended this game to me and I'd like to submit a character if you are still accepting new characters at this late stage in the game.

Description(optional): The re-animated skeleton of a great warlock who strayed too deeply in the Dark arts.
STR=2
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3

((Due to balance reasons, evryone starts as a fleshy human (Or elf, or something along those lines). You could become a skeleton if you wanted later on. Otherwise, it checks out.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 11, 2015, 05:06:28 pm »

Character Revision

Description(optional): A wizard who specializes in the Dark arts. (People claim that one day he'll go to far and turn himself into a re-animated skeleton)
STR=2
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: September 11, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »

4 Electric essences.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 11, 2015, 07:50:47 pm »

"Mm. 'Erhaps somethin' ta keep me alive, in some form o' another? 'T's rather dangerous 'ere."
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 11, 2015, 08:08:39 pm »

"That happens to be my specialty. I'll summon you some armour of regeration just as soon as I'm done containing this hazardous waste.

That luck boost will work for things other than summoning, right? Cause I mainly need it for working with this cube, don't want it to explode again. Of course summoning and using chaos essences too."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »

"O' course. A glass ring al'ight?"
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 506