Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192525 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 153 Flesh eating beasts for all
« Reply #5010 on: April 12, 2016, 01:59:50 am »

((And we already have chaotic essences.))
((oh yeah, good point.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: April 12, 2016, 05:20:47 am »

((Creates 6/6 essence with a naturally rolled 21))

Seems like we're making progress.
Sees Gambler hit by beams.
Are you alright over there?
Skeliborn

Action:
Continue battling the big Beholder using Vortex Bane.

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: April 12, 2016, 06:07:01 am »

Ah, yes. The council chambers. A place worthy of the events to come.

Start a PM ritual, using as many gizmos from the box as I can for sacrifices (items must be different, right? Nothing said they couldn't have been summoned with the same spell). Use a +1 CMP essence to boost the roll.

PM sent.

Jiksap's mind is set. Only he knows the results of this ritual.
What will it do? Does it spell destruction, or creation? A mix of both? Only time will tell.
Rest assured, if all goes to plan, it will be awesome.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:47:33 am by thegamemaster1234 »

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 152 The day of rest
« Reply #5013 on: April 12, 2016, 08:25:38 am »

{I think it was delayed enough}
Agreed.

"You have no idea what damage your interruption has just done, do you? HERE, LET'S SHARE THE FUN!"

Run towards the sheriff, attempting to assume elemental form. Give the guy a bear hug. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Xom transformed into a swirling mass of sounds and rushed towards Bernardo. The Sherrif, not to be outdone, blasted Xom with order, undoing Xom's transformation and sending thoughts of tax forms through his mind. But magic that stopped Xom's transformation did nothing to cancel his momentum, and to deal with that Bernardo finished up his magic by pirouetting out of Xom's way, as a matador dealing with a raging bull. Behind them, gatebeast was tossing the pyramid around without seeming to cause much damage.
Er...this was actually my previous turn's action. I had sent you this turn's action via PM, I believe. It's been a while though.

sending thoughts of tax forms through his mind
It is terrifying.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: April 12, 2016, 08:27:31 am »

((I see what you did there.))
You know what would be neat? Special essences—that is, essences which carry some sort of special effect or drawback, specific to the affinity they belong to. For example, a roll of 6 might (for me) create a +3/+3 essence that curses me when I use it.
((I might take the Essences affinity as a secondary affinity one of these days... and rest assured I've got plenty of ideas with regard to "special essences". MWAHAHAHA.))
Quote from: Viznor's Character Sheet
No shards
((Did you just use all of your shards on an arrow against Wayfarer? Or was that something else?))

Wayfarer realized that the fight had come to an impasse.

He decided to end that impasse.

Totally a PM action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: April 12, 2016, 09:50:29 am »

Do what the harpies ask me to do, then take a look around
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 149 Motherload has landed
« Reply #5016 on: April 12, 2016, 09:53:12 am »

Spoiler: Blinky (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: April 12, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »

((Oh, did I accidentally reference something while half-asleep and trying to come up with a phrase to indicate the possibility of impending awesome? Wow! I had no idea! Now if only I knew what it was...))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: April 12, 2016, 03:53:11 pm »

Form 3 essences, then wait. Push the eye button.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: April 12, 2016, 04:44:47 pm »

((Oh, did I accidentally reference something while half-asleep and trying to come up with a phrase to indicate the possibility of impending awesome? Wow! I had no idea! Now if only I knew what it was...))

((It was "I have leftover tortilla chips. I should go make nachos", or something like that))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 149 Motherload has landed
« Reply #5020 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »

Spoiler: Blinky (click to show/hide)

Oh, that blinky. I don't know if it actually eats yet, and James had no clue about any of it. For all he knows, that could summon anything from cotton candy to bioweapon coctail. But {rolls} it has indeed managed to follow you even though you flew at maximum speed, catching up while you looked for the sapling.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: April 13, 2016, 08:04:11 am »

((DG, I've just noticed that 'Lost Stuff' section in the doc describes items recently lost in dragon-caused Duckalypsis. Mayhaps, they need to be deleted and new items should be lost by careless mages?

Also, note on aesthetics: would random black fields be straightened someday in the future? This is not really needed, but mildly irritates from time to time.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: April 13, 2016, 08:25:20 am »

Also, note on aesthetics: would random black fields be straightened someday in the future?
((Are you talking about the edges of the map where void gives way to grey spots? Yeah, I would also like it if those were filled in.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: April 13, 2016, 08:31:25 am »

((DG, I've just noticed that 'Lost Stuff' section in the doc describes items recently lost in dragon-caused Duckalypsis. Mayhaps, they need to be deleted and new items should be lost by careless mages?

Also, note on aesthetics: would random black fields be straightened someday in the future? This is not really needed, but mildly irritates from time to time.))

The lost stuff section hasn't been updated since Duckalypsis since nobody lost anything since then. Unless I missed something, in which case tell me and I'll update it.

The black edges are caused by Hexographer making a gif with transparency layers, but it can be (And probably will be) fixed by cuting into unused vod part by croping a bit of immage away.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: April 13, 2016, 09:34:29 am »

((Eh. Sorry, I was still ranting about docs - they are randomly filled with blackened spaces, which must have separated different entities. It is especially obvious at the beginning of the Corpse section. You do not have to change it, of course.

Funny is that we've found another aesthetic issue through slight misunderstanding...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 506