Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192538 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 207 The Second Council
« Reply #6690 on: November 28, 2016, 07:21:38 pm »

"What will happen when someone losing a fight—not dying, but awfully close to it—ducks into a safezone hex before they fall?" Gloomy sighs. "I'll tell you what'll happen: the other person will finish them off, the Council will squabble, and everything will fall apart."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:10 pm »

An interesting problem with an interesting solution. With the combined strength of the council it should be possible to create a kind of feild which prevents mages from entering a given area while in battle.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:54:10 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: November 28, 2016, 08:59:06 pm »

"What will happen when someone losing a fight—not dying, but awfully close to it—ducks into a safezone hex before they fall?" Gloomy sighs. "I'll tell you what'll happen: the other person will finish them off, the Council will squabble, and everything will fall apart."
Correction: the victim will be asked to leave, refuse, and then after the fight, whoever's left will be asked to kindly keep their conflicts out of neutral territory. These boundaries aren't as rock-solid as you think, Gloomier.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: November 28, 2016, 09:12:30 pm »

Correction: the victim will be asked to leave, refuse, and then after the fight, whoever's left will be asked to kindly keep their conflicts out of neutral territory. These boundaries aren't as rock-solid as you think, Gloomier.
"If they aren't rock, they might as well be glass, for all the durability they'll hold." Gloomy gives an exaggerated sigh. "But it's better than nothing, I suppose. I agree to this set of rules, flawed as it is."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: November 28, 2016, 09:24:30 pm »

"Whatever, someone will destroy this agreement eventually. In time, all becomes dust. Hopefully I'll live long enough to see it."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: November 28, 2016, 10:21:37 pm »

"Indeed. We will try to settle such disputes in as reasonable a manner as is possible, although the mages of the Tower will ensure, as peacefully as is possible, that no battles are brought within our gates."

"Though it is not yet a concern, I would argue that an additional provision is needed:

Article 6:
When a group of mages creates a major structure, it is considered to be under the jurisdiction of said group. They may govern it according to their own laws, and may choose for it to become a neutral hex, with all the protections such a label entails. In addition, large-scale attacks (including destruction or hijacking) against major structures are prohibited without just cause."

An interesting problem with an interesting solution. With the combined strength of the council it should be possible to create a kind of field which prevents mages from entering a given area while in battle.

"This is an interesting proposition, and one which merits further thought. Laws must be enforced, and a creation designed to automate such duties, and to improve our ability to respond in the case of an emergency would be incredibly useful."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:23:11 pm by Whisperling »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: November 28, 2016, 10:30:02 pm »

"Seems mostly reasonable so far. I officially declare my tree a neutral zone."

Some more essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: November 28, 2016, 10:30:29 pm »

Article 6:
When a group of mages creates a major structure, it is considered to be under the jurisdiction of said group. They may govern it according to their own laws, and may choose for it to become a neutral hex, with all the protections such a label entails. In addition, large-scale attacks (including destruction or hijacking) against major structures are prohibited without just cause."
"If they get to govern it, they can't also declare it to be a neutral hex; what if they use it as some sort of warbase? No, that rule will need nuance—but with nuance comes loopholes, and with loopholes come abusers, and with abusers comes diplomatic armageddon."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: November 28, 2016, 11:50:41 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"So... what's this about laws? Such a thing would interfere with my diabolicalness..."

Doktor Diabolical frowns at the screen, then gets back to work on his... shoe boot skate things. Refinement ho. 2 +1 POT essences, 1 +1 CMP essence, 1 chaotic +1 CMP essence. Assuming he isn't in danger after that, he makes 3 robots essences. If he is in danger, cubebots and attack drone counterattack.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: November 29, 2016, 12:17:52 am »

GM: I'm fairly sure I should be on magical fallout(?) hex on southeast where I appear to be. So that in mind...

Southwest one, place totem (+1POT), southeast one, place another totem (+1/+1).
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: November 29, 2016, 12:54:42 pm »

Hit him again.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: November 29, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »

Healing item roulette.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: November 29, 2016, 07:07:27 pm »

3 essences.
((Also, I just noticed that my action is missing from the previous turn.))
-Snipped-
3 essences.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:48:20 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: November 29, 2016, 08:52:38 pm »

Continue the ritual:
+2/+2 in essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: November 30, 2016, 11:08:14 am »

Back to wizard form, make 2 essences then accept the call
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 506