Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2551 2552 [2553] 2554 2555 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8816199 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38280 on: October 10, 2011, 07:58:09 pm »

Man I hated the PSAT and SAT.  I took the SAT twice and it just made me feel uncomfortable and anxious.  Testing sucks, SAT sucks harder.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38281 on: October 10, 2011, 08:24:46 pm »

Actually, if I read the contest rules correctly, the PSAT's score only counts toward a National Merits Scholarship when it's taken during your junior year. So taking it during your sophmore year is sort of like a PPSAT. And the practice test that comes with the study booklet is like the PPPSAT. Oh god. IT'S PRACTICEPTION.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38282 on: October 10, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »

Everyone in the sad thread is talking about how the the PSATs are helpful for scholarships. I thought it was just practice for the SAT! And the last day to sign up was last thursday! BLEH!

Think I'll be okay if I just take the PSAT junior year?
Yep, should be just fine. Most people take it their junior year. In fact, it doesn't even count for NMS before your junior year; the practice wouldn't hurt, but there are plenty of other practice opportunities. And jc6063 said all this as I was typing, but reinforcement doesn't hurt.

I am torn with two small decisions right now. I don't really want to go to bed, but I need sleep, and don't have much to do. I'm also hungry, but I already brushed my teeth, and should be sleeping soon; but if I don't eat, I'll probably wake up tomorrow with stomach cramps. Bleh. I'll likely just not eat, lounge around for a while, and go to sleep later than I should: the worst compromise. My forehead also hurts, which is unpleasant.

I'm seeing imaginary colorful shapes move around in front of my eyes; is this bad, or a normal side-effect of Touhou?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38283 on: October 10, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

Ugh.  It's almost 10pm and I'm stuck on campus.  I would say Campusstuck but I'm soooooooo tired and hungry.  I'm able to use my netbook at least but this is exhausting.  Oh well.  Just makes sleeping even more nicer.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38284 on: October 10, 2011, 08:46:42 pm »

Tired I cannot help with, but I've learned that when that's a risk, never leave home without a burrito. Or similar portable snackstuff. Obviously that's useless to you now, but if it's practical I highly endorse adopting the habit.

Protip: If you have an Aldi around, they sell burritos for 29 cents apiece, or at least they do here in the Midwest. I have no clue where you actually live, though, so the chain may not even exist in your State/Nation/Galaxy/Mirror Universe(?).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38285 on: October 10, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »

Actually, if I read the contest rules correctly, the PSAT's score only counts toward a National Merits Scholarship when it's taken during your junior year. So taking it during your sophmore year is sort of like a PPSAT. And the practice test that comes with the study booklet is like the PPPSAT. Oh god. IT'S PRACTICEPTION.
Well, that's a great relief. If I had to take the PSAT I would literally be unable to keep up with my homework. (Eeehh, mostly because I haven't started on this packet I was given at the start of the school year that's due Wednesday. Just finished, took me about 6 hours on and off ._ . Now I have to find a bunch of words and define them. But I have to search them down in my textbook (42 boldfaced words), it's not like he would just give a list of words to define or anything.) and this week is so busy for me, especially since I just won Treasurer so there's a few student council meetings on top of my other stuff that's going on.

Need. More. Time. So I stay up until 1AM at night and then can't wake up in the morning in time to actually eat, furthering my lack of energy. But somehow I manage to keep perfect participation scores in my last class of the day. Who knows how long I'll keep that up though?

And now I'm dreading next year where I start taking AP courses. I've seen some of the
homework from those. So. Much. Work.

I'm just going to stop thinking about the future, it makes me depressed.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38286 on: October 10, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »

Getting recurring nightmares of people getting imprisoned, and now, I can't sleep. Urgh, I need therapy.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38287 on: October 10, 2011, 08:59:47 pm »

Getting recurring nightmares of people getting imprisoned, and now, I can't sleep. Urgh, I need therapy.
Don't let you nightmare level reach 8 man, that sucks when it happens.

Oh god, I should really keep the Echobazzar jokes to myself.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38288 on: October 10, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »

While, your avatar matches your mental state a bit, I suppose, if you're going insane?

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38289 on: October 10, 2011, 09:05:58 pm »

Might be turning slightly insane, but this is mainly due to this month's past events. Short story of it, I'm depressed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:07:31 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38290 on: October 10, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »

I wouldn't worry about ap courses much if I were you, Quinn. The extra work is just needed to help etch the (relativitly) advanced material into your brain. Heck, moving around messed up my credits so I had to double time EVERYTHING during my sophmore year. I had honors english I and II in the same year, and flew through the final integrated science course that I was somehow put in. Oh, and since ap classes are also known as "college prep", the extra work is there to help you get accustomed to bringing school home every single night. Also, the further along you get in the ap courses, the easier the work get's, oddly enough. Or maybe it's all there but I'm used to it now :-/ But enough with my rambling post! In summary, don't worry about the ap classes. You'll grow accustomed to them in no time.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38291 on: October 10, 2011, 09:32:11 pm »

Today was very ironic. Apparently I should be ingesting about four times the average human's intake of iron right now, and my primary source is a horrific fluid comprised of various liquefied herbs, spices, and nails. It tastes like nails.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38292 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »

Cow hearts. Buy them, devour them. Maybe cook them somewhere in between those steps, if you're feeling fancy.

EDIT: Also, you're joking about the nails right?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #38293 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:05 pm »

I has female dramas. :(
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38294 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:07 pm »

you're joking about the nails right?
Yup, though I did find out that within a week I will have ingested the iron content of a standard 3" shelving nail from this stuff. Fun times. I don't think I can stomach cow heart, but I may try it if I can't stick to this crap.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 2551 2552 [2553] 2554 2555 ... 8157