_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5762548 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29325 on: August 31, 2015, 03:25:55 pm »

"Restricted by casts and straps, unbroken. Very good if you consider the circumstances."

What kind of voice is this? Does it sound in any way familiar?
It is artificial, and unknown to you.

The straps binding you down release.

"Can you walk around? Do your limbs behave your desires?"

((*grumble*grumble* The times when a proper nice knife cost you three tokens and an arm... *grumble*grumble* ...I don't suppose we can get compensation for those past purchases in this day and age?))
If knives start costing 3, then everything else also starts costing more. The offset would probably be bad.

Auriel buys a Cloak of Invisibility (3 token), a Monorazor (1 token), and one pack of Medifoam (2 for 1 token, right?).

She also checks the prices on the following, for future reference: Fatman Suit, High Guard Armor, Walking Bastion, Arbiter Cloak, and Public Avenger Gear.

((Does not check out. The Cloak is 4 tokens.))
Ah, thank you kind wiki gnome.

Duncan also buys 3 grenades for one token, after some confused paper and pencil calculations. He then walks into the "union room", trying to get members and interested parties to come.

"Hey, everyone who's interested in joining the union, how about we actually do something? We need some power, just to get people to listen to us for now, as longer-term inmates don't seem to like us or care for our aims much. Once we're a large group we won't need much, but for now, let's demonstrate the power of collective action! I have some stuff I could sell, and a token left anyway, so if we all chip in, we could buy something that will support all of us, maybe letting whoever's skill set is most appropriate use it, though for all of our net benefit? In the bar I noticed some people talking to a guy called Nyars who has some pretty intriguing looking merchandise..."

WIKI, if it checks out.

Eddie glanced at the "Soldier's market" board next to the armory list.  He had an idea.
"Thank you, ma'am.  How much would you pay for a MFM without a brain?"

How much could I get from the AM for a MFM without a brain?
Old style one?

stay still

The thing continues to spread up into you until it completely disappears inside your body.

You can move again now.

Put on my suit. Then go 90% doom on a drone. If 90% wasn't too dangerous, try maximum doom.

90% doom huh?

Is there anyone else in this room with you? 

Yoohoo! Anyone else in this room? I need to roll END at yooooou.

That first part is getting far too close to tinker for this thread. In any case, if what you're talking about is right, it would seem like the major parts would be pretty well insulated (the armor contains metallic mesh remember) but that joints would provide a conduit for the effect to enter the body. I'd say it is vulnerable, but only to either a targeted EMP or one thats quite strong.

If that makes sense. I dunno if it does.

Heh, sorry, that's what you get when I try to present all the relevant info in an easy format. But at least now we know, right? The conclusion you have there is basically the same as what I expect'd based on this data, and makes sense from a gameplay POV (no cheap nades insta-disabling battlesuits, but also no complete invulnerability). 

Hmm. Maybe but you'd have to type things out exactly and if you didn't end up wanting to use that sequence it would take you a turn to delete it and start over.

That's the idea, yes. It'd mean a trade-off between being able to do something really fast (fast enough that a reaction shot becomes possible), but at the expense of less flexibility and loosing valuable time.

What mobility-enhancing options are there for Avatars? I know of the jump pack (that self-refuels) and flight pack (that self-explodes). Anything else you know off?

Nothing I have planned, but you could always try to invent yourself something.

Or we could staple on some big Synthflesh wings. Then you'd look just like the Mass Production Evas.

Auriel buys a Cloak of Invisibility (3 token), a Monorazor (1 token), and one pack of Medifoam (2 for 1 token, right?).

She also checks the prices on the following, for future reference: Fatman Suit, High Guard Armor, Walking Bastion, Arbiter Cloak, and Public Avenger Gear.

((Does not check out. The Cloak is 4 tokens.))

Whoops. Just the Cloak and Medifoam, then.
If it checks out, then go for it.

WIKI

Hmm. Alright then. How about some news?

Well, we're kinda out in the boonies right now, but you are getting a lot of very filtered news about how the UWM is fighting an easily winnable war against the fascist and yet completely incompetent ARM forces. In general, it seems they are finally taking us serious and starting the propaganda war.

Do the whole waking up in the quarters and looking around business. Realize that I am now on a ship loaded with rebels and prisoners. Hide in my room.
Hiding in your room is easy, though it might get pretty boring.

"Do you know if anyone ever tried to enhance those power pack-using jump packs?"

Armory. Question.

"None that I remember. At least none that I remember that worked out."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29326 on: August 31, 2015, 03:34:09 pm »

forge a crown and cape worthy of a king!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29327 on: August 31, 2015, 03:36:45 pm »

find Duncan and pitch in my token
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:54:00 pm by Urist McCoder »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29328 on: September 01, 2015, 12:28:47 am »

Get up, take a few steps.

"It would seem so."

Do a few jumping jacks.

"Very much so!"

Perform small jig.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29329 on: September 01, 2015, 12:41:37 am »

"...huh. I was told this was a UWM prison ship. Eh whatever, fuck the UWM. They're the bastards that sent me here in the first place. And Thaddeus. I should find him I think he was supposed to be on that colony mission. I'll sent the person in charge of it a message."

Quote from: Anthony To: Miya
Hey, seeing as how you're the person in charge of the mission that Thad is on, how's he doing? I need to kick him square in his robo balls when he gets back. Thanks!

Got nothin' better to do. Keep flipping through the channels and watching TV!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29330 on: September 01, 2015, 01:23:19 pm »

Nothing I have planned, but you could always try to invent yourself something.

Or we could staple on some big Synthflesh wings. Then you'd look just like the Mass Production Evas.

That sounds very slow and prone to damage.

I originally was hoping out for teleporter rifle tech, but then Nik happened. Hmm. Any chance to upscale the tech used in that teleporter from Aresteve?

Other than that, maybe a system like the jumping stilts, using modified kin amps?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:29:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29331 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »

Eddie glanced at the "Soldier's market" board next to the armory list.  He had an idea.
"Thank you, ma'am.  How much would you pay for a MFM without a brain?"

How much could I get from the AM for a MFM without a brain?
Old style one?
Nah, I mean how many tokens can I get if I sell back the manipulator I just bought, but keep the free brain it comes with?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29332 on: September 01, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »

Quote from: christpher to antony, wristpad message
I can see that you're at a loose end here, so do you mind if I bother you for a second?

How would you feel about joining a union, given the low mission survival rate?
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29333 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32:02 pm »

"...huh. I was told this was a UWM prison ship. Eh whatever, fuck the UWM. They're the bastards that sent me here in the first place. And Thaddeus. I should find him I think he was supposed to be on that colony mission. I'll sent the person in charge of it a message."

Quote from: Anthony To: Miya
Hey, seeing as how you're the person in charge of the mission that Thad is on, how's he doing? I need to kick him square in his robo balls when he gets back. Thanks!

Got nothin' better to do. Keep flipping through the channels and watching TV!
Response:

I am in the middle of commanding a high-stakes mission with several lives on the line. Next time you wanna bother me with frivolities, I suggest you choose a less sensitive time, unless you wanna eat all the vacuum this universe has to offer. Comprende?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29334 on: September 01, 2015, 04:29:08 pm »

@PW
... head over to the test chamber for some testing on the burning power of my doom arms.
There's no-one in there with him. No one made an action saying "Go into the test room with the guy about to totally wreck the shit out of stuff and stand around waiting to be hit by shrapnel and other friendly fire." :P

Unfortunately. :(

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29335 on: September 01, 2015, 05:01:57 pm »

Well, let's hope that the medical staff aren't all taking their lunch breaks at the same time or something.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29336 on: September 01, 2015, 08:21:32 pm »

Considering i pushed B3, C4,
Which buttons were rendered unavailable?
How many buttons depressed themselves and which button depressed which other buttons?

What happened with this action?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29337 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:51 am »

I need to roll END at yooooou.
((I believe the correct turn of the phrase is "I need to roll to END you!" :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29338 on: September 02, 2015, 02:48:06 am »

I need to roll END at yooooou.
((I believe the correct turn of the phrase is "I need to roll to END you!" :P))
((If you yell 'yoooou' at the right pitch you might be able to summon Soulja Boy from the depths of time to test your stuff on.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29339 on: September 02, 2015, 11:15:07 am »

Leave Gilgamesh at hangar to be repaired.
Go find Steve's avatar. Yell
at near Steve.

"What the heck happened down there? Why the hell did the UWM just take out an entire colony like that? Were they waiting for us?"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:18:04 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 2101