Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75855 times)

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RE: Skeletal interlude

Often, I find doctors can treat most injuries even on a zone in the ground with nothing built. They can't use a traction bench or stuff, and they'll prefer to carry a dwarf to a bed farther away, but ain't nobody got the time for that always.

Heh. Earlier, Bembul was grateful to be rescued, tho. Quite the change. Though that is to be given when you're not a real doctor doing real doctoring and instead tell others to not heal themselves.
[/quote]

I wrote it as Bembul being so frustrated with not having been rescued he tried to fix it himself; as the doc dislikes nature and refuses to work outside a properly furnished hospital, he was onhand to offer "don't do that" style advice, but then got annoyed at Bembul's reaction. Goes a good way towards explaining why I'm procrastinating actually fixing his leg now that I have the proper facilities to do so!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I'd like to be dorfed
Name:Mottled Petrel (preferably male, but whatever is fine)
Preferences: Bug, Rock, Ground
Professions: Farmer and animal trainer if possible, but farmer most importantly
Backstory: A skilled farmer of the mountain home who happened to hate plants. He only farmed because of his love for the bug types that he raised inside the crops. He made his best efforts at training them, but the "vermin" bug types often payed him no heed. His favorite pokemon is Ninjask, but they were too big to hide in the crops and were often hacked to pieces when he brought them in from the wild. So he decided to focus on venipedes instead, hoping to nurture them until they grew into mighty scolipedes. He also learned to loved the rocks and soil that the plants grew in, but had difficulty hiding any rock and ground types within them. After one too many cats were Poison Stung to death by his pets he was sent to GoldSilver to hopefully get his obsession out of his system and focus on reasonable farming. He has no such intention. This move has only encouraged him to "catch them all".

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Just dropping this reminder here:

Please dwarf me as a glassmaker, if we need one.  Otherwise, an armoursmith.  Prefer a dwarf with high introspection, if possible.  If Coil Magnemite(or evolutions) are available, I request the company of one or two Coil Magnemite.

Edit 2:  Fffff-  I forgot to mention to use the name "Azalea"!

Bellossom, Tropius, and the Bellsprout line are good matches for me, too.

Edit:  Is it fine to request a dwarfing for someone on IRC?  An IRC friend(from another channel) is interested in being dwarfed here.
Quote from: IRC
<Ball> it should probably be focused on the introspection attribute like usual I guess
<Ball> naturally, Gardevoir or Kirlia or Ralts, or at least another psychic type that is preferrably cleared with me
<Moonstone_Leaf> Are there specific Psychic types you don't want?
<Ball> well I have never been super fond of Drowzee or Hypno, and I feel like there are others....  I'm not too interested in Natu or Xatu, or Wobbuffet or Wynaut
<Ball> *goes down the list*  I'm not too sure about Unown, but that could be kinda alright I guess.  I don't want Spoink or Grumpig.... or Chimecho or Chingling
<Ball> Elgyem and Beheeyem are kind of ugly so I don't want them
<Ball> I don't want Mr. Mime or Mime Jr. or Victini or Woobat or Swoobat or Girafarig or Darmanitan zen mode or Inkay or Malamar or Bruxish
<Moonstone_Leaf> ... Um, OK.  Nice can of worms I opened there.  Name?
<Ball> also hmmmm name the dwarf Ball
<Ball> any non-military, non-weaponsmith profession, preferring to work with metal/stone [Edited for succinctness.]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:55:57 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

No need to post reminders! Generally when I dorf I'll be looking back on the posts (but if Nopal wants me to, I can compile all of the dorfing requests to make things easy on him), but you're good the first time.

IRC is okay! IRC is still around? I thought it died out, man I remember the good old days when I was bullied constantly on IRC, but at least there was a really cool Pokemon game on it

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IRC is still around? I thought it died out, man I remember the good old days when I was bullied constantly on IRC, but at least there was a really cool Pokemon game on it
Obligatory xkcd.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IRC is still around? I thought it died out, man I remember the good old days when I was bullied constantly on IRC, but at least there was a really cool Pokemon game on it
Obligatory xkcd.
Never heard of Slack ever Discord master race but that gave me a good chuckle.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

IRC is the best, don't let anyone tell you different.

Well, there is the one place where I chat with people on a PennMUSH.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

I have bee hearing about this mysterious IRC fir years now, what is it exactly?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Internet Relay Chat. It's somewhat like any of today's various discords and slacks, but older and therefore better. And also not owned by a single company that logs everything and is probably secretly evil.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:44:23 pm by Nopal »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Hahahah.

I take it Skeletal is unempthatic dwarf to the blight of ...well, anything.

RE: Elves

I'd be pretty enthuaistic about fu... too.

And huh, fully evolved pokemon? Elves have no sense of game balance.

It's weird that Sigun didn't learn enough merely by coming to depot. Oh well.

And hah, that's truly blind. To be fair, I'd be offended too given the meaning.

Medics again

Seeking thread? Eh.

I got to say, first embark on good biome moving grass creeped me so much out I was 'nope'.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Sod it.  Sign me up for a turn, please, if there's still room.

* Moonstone_Flower gives Maximum Spin a high five.

IRC and XMPP(sometimes called Jabber) are all I use, but Ricochet looks nice.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:17:13 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sod it.  Sign me up for a turn, please, if there's still room.

* Moonstone_Flower gives Maximum Spin a high five.

IRC and XMPP(sometimes called Jabber) are all I use, but Ricochet looks nice.

Congrats, you are now a player!

@FirePhoenix11: If we pasted the V1.2 script into the save file, would the abilities still work? I'd love to see abilities in the fort but i have no idea if they'll work.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

@FirePhoenix11: If we pasted the V1.2 script into the save file, would the abilities still work? I'd love to see abilities in the fort but i have no idea if they'll work.
Unfortunately no, it would probably mess a whole lot of things up. DF generally doesn't like raw changes once its already generated.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nooooo we lost the Paras... I love me some cute little zombie mushroom ticks...

Next caravan that comes, buy me one please? I promise I'll be nice to you once my tyrannical regime as baroness starts anew.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43