Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Hurray for bugfixes!  (Read 12121 times)

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hurray for bugfixes!
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »

The latest dev logs are such a tease, I can't wait to play .06.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 07:35:00 pm »

Yes I am very excited at the prospect of non sporadic clothes and presumably armor equipping

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »

I just lost a fortress to a forgotten beast's poisonous blood.  Everyone but my military and my peasant militia, in their life saving steel boots, bled out through their feet.   I could have really used that bug fix  ;D

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:56 am »

Deadly blood and dust are insanely overpowered at the moment, which might have a hand in why toady chose to fix this. Also if toady does rewrite the military any time soon then equipment will need to be fixed so it doesn't become an exercise in frustration.

Does anyone know if this is one of the quicker bug-fix updates, or one of the slower new feature updates?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 10:25:19 am »

Deadly blood and dust are insanely overpowered at the moment, which might have a hand in why toady chose to fix this. Also if toady does rewrite the military any time soon then equipment will need to be fixed so it doesn't become an exercise in frustration.

Does anyone know if this is one of the quicker bug-fix updates, or one of the slower new feature updates?

We are still into the bugfixing releases, and will be for quite some time yet. But "quicker" can mean anything from a day to a month.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 04:53:36 pm »

Well, the basic clothing fixes are scheduled for the next release (whenever that is, but it should be soon), however it's not clear yet if this will also include fixes for military uniforms (hopefully it will, but no clear indications yet).
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 10:29:27 pm »

Quote from: Front Page
Damaged clothing that gets thrown out in the refuse pile will rot away now. There's more to be done there as usual, with various types of objects, but I'm moving along to some spam message checks next. We should be ready to wrap up these clothing changes soon, and it'll probably be good to get another release up before I start another set of fixes.

It's a "quicker bugfix" release, but it just took Toady about a week's worth of work to get all the bugs in clothing ironed out, apparently. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »

I wonder if the object listing program will ever be replaceable... or somehow the bugs with nonexistant objects causing a slowdown etc will ever be circumventable. I guess a lot of that comes down to pathing, and that might be addressed when the whole stockpiling thing comes up.

The clothing thing will be gone. I'm glad.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 12:47:56 am »

or somehow the bugs with nonexistant objects causing a slowdown etc will ever be circumventable.
For now we are not sure that this bug exists.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 12:57:25 am »

or somehow the bugs with nonexistant objects causing a slowdown etc will ever be circumventable.
true. maybe I'm getting confused with the whole long term forts becoming corrupted thing which toady fixed recently. Hopefully that's the sort of stuff that doomed weatherwires.

It thought that objects which were destroyed sometimes continued to be checked by dwarves etc... It might merely be rumor, though.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 12:58:50 am »

true. maybe I'm getting confused with the whole long term forts becoming corrupted thing which toady fixed recently. Hopefully that's the sort of stuff that doomed weatherwires.

It thought that objects which were destroyed sometimes continued to be checked by dwarves etc... It might merely be rumor, though.

Yes, now there is an ongoing !!SCIENCE!! thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104643.0
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 05:00:40 am »

umm... what ARE the current 'erratic military equipping bugs'? i don't have any issues with military gear as long as i dont draft miners/woodcutters/hunters.

so im kinda curious as to what the current issues are.

Iodinium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2012, 05:05:27 am »

miners/woodcutters/hunters

There's one of the issues.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 05:09:19 am »

... i meant other than that, though i am wondering why people have 'part-time' militaries, not like the hairy midgets will learn any decent skills via 'part-time' training.

in my forts, once your in the army, your in it till your in your coffin.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 05:26:37 am »

Soldier that claimed helmets but refused to wear them (was in facepalm thread) etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5