Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Think a DF Creepypasta would be possible?  (Read 20250 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Think a DF Creepypasta would be possible?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 01:27:49 am »

Or maybe write a story of a person playing DF, telling the story of the game as it progresses.

Everything starts normal, then as the person gets more into the game he starts referring to real life events (neighbors making noises, salesguy at the door etc.) in dwarven terms.
As the game events begin turning for the worse the boundary between real life and the game events blurs even more until the reader is constantly wondering which are which - did the player just throw his actual pet out of the window or was it just part of the game?, Was the latest victim of the hammerer Urist McUseless or the guy next door? Is it really a goblin siege or the police surrounding the house?
And just what does happen when the mayor enters a martial trance and charges out the gate at the enemies?
I remember a comic like this where a guy is playing DF at his cubicle, and as he imagines himself in the fortress, he's actually killing off his coworkers.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 07:20:54 pm »

I just had the best fucking idea for DF creepypasta ever. Prepare to shit your pants while I go write this up. Could take a day or two.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:06 pm »

Thongs with Menacing Spikes...

A few months ago I had a dream where it was really hot, and there was a lever on my bedroom wall, and I had a strong compulsion to pull it. But I went and played with my nieces (long dead)(the cat, not my niece)(as in live in the dream, but dead in real life) cat, who is/was uncreatively named "Socks".

I was a Noble.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:43 am »

I just had the best fucking idea for DF creepypasta ever. Prepare to shit your pants while I go write this up. Could take a day or two.

My person opinion is that it won't work.

Therefore...

BRING IT ON.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »

Just make a combination of mermaid farming and dwarven child care, then post it on the minecraft forums.
Will traumatize many.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 12:20:31 pm »

My person opinion is that it won't work.
That's because all the suggestions given in this thread until now aren't actually creepy at all.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:45 pm »

Less posting, more writing. I want my thriller horror DF book thing, damnit! :D

Seriously, if you can pull this off I'll be mega impressed.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:42 pm »

2000 words already, about half done. Probably finishing tomorrow.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 10:02:30 pm »

Just make a combination of mermaid farming and dwarven child care, then post it on the minecraft forums.
Will traumatize many.

Why minecraft?

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04:54 am »

Just google Obok Meatgod
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 06:08:26 am »

2000 words already, about half done. Probably finishing tomorrow.

PTW.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:10 am »

Just google Obok Meatgod
Ah, that was the one I thought.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 07:05:51 am »

I just got to the last bit of that.

Well.

That's kind of.

I don't know. There are no words.

I think you have to resort to simple words and say things like:

"Strange"

"Wierd"

"Odd".

"Vile", "Disgusting", "WTF", etc. just don't have the same effect.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 01:16:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 01:29:36 pm »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

EDIT: Noticed a massive flaw.

Obviously it's at least gone through 4 people. Simon > Jake > Matthew > Christopher.

Why, once you figured out it was killing you, would you write a note to give it to your friend, with your last breath!? Wouldn't you write "DANGEROUS, DO NOT TOUCH"? Or just, you know, smash it and pray?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:40:33 pm by EmperorJon »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5