Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall [FISSION MAILED]  (Read 6750 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall - Part 1: Halt in the Name of Love
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »

This is glorious. I will have to try Daggerfall myself someday.
When you do, make sure to remember that it's free on the Elder Scrolls website.

I feel like most people probably already know that, but I forgot to mention it in the OP so why not?

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 03:30:53 pm »

There is something very DnDish about lone adventurer who travels to a dungeon full of vicious monsters and brings a cart with him in order to carry away everything he can sell to the nearest pawn shop. It's a shame later games did away with the wagons.
So yeah, vote for obtaining a cart at first opportunity, even if we are not going to engage in indiscriminate looting.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 11:23:06 pm »

By the way, I'm still waiting for advice on what I should do next, since I don't know if I should act when I only have input from one person

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:38 pm »

Yep, sell the loot you got and use that to buy a wagon, $150 I think. Then go murder some civilians so that you can join the Dark Brotherhood. You might want to stay inside Daggerfall while doing this so that the main quest can be initiated when the urchin gives you the message. Oh and buy and read all the copies of The Real Barenziah that you can get your hands on :P.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 11:24:31 am »

Oh and buy and read all the copies of The Real Barenziah that you can get your hands on :P.
It is terrifying.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:44 pm »

I'm doing this again. For real this time. I'll post an update later and hopefully have become an Emo Darkhood member by the time I'm done.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 04:59:17 pm »

Splendid, cuz PTW :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall - Part 2: HALT! You've Got Mail!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 06:35:51 pm »

I bet you thought I wouldn't really update this. What a fool you are, you fool.

We're, like, totally back. We're only a level 2 stealth character at this point, so I don't plan on tackling any major missions until I'm able to join the Edgy Brotherhood and get some jobs and earn some Cash Money. Until then, I start travelling so I can sell that phat loot we got.

You cheap bastard. That cuirass is worth almost three times what you're offering. Is this always what merchants are like in Daggerfall? Because I remember them being slightly less cheap. Still, that's good money for vendor trash I got from the first dungeon, so what the hell.

Since we're trying to get into the Dark Edginess, we have to kill someone to get their attention. Boob Lady will be our first victim.

I killed that first lady, then got kinda carried away and killed someone else as well because I forgot to take a picture of the first killing. Oh well. I'm evil.

I chose the guilty plea so I wouldn't have to give up all of the gold I just earned, and also so I wouldn't have to spend over a year in the big house.

I've never heard it put quite like that before, but okay.

I had hoped it would be our invitation to the Dark Hoodbrothers, but this works too. Also, that inn name sounds like something from Dwarf Fortress. Not saying I don't approve.

Not much to say here, except that I've never finished the main quest. Trying to do so is the most annoying shit you will ever experience. The whole thing can go down the toilet at a moments notice. You can miss the deadline for an important quest, or a key item can randomly disappear when you try to put it into your inventory, which is what happened to me last time I tried to complete it.

For now, there's not much else I can do except go into the wilderness and train while I wait for a formal invitation from the Shadowy Edgehood. I don't bother trying to get a quest from an NPC, since everyone hates me now and I don't know if it'd work.

If you look closely, you can see the guy readying his bow because we still can't hide worth shit in the pitch black of night.

Aw, that's apples mate. Gorrillion Fold Dai-Katanas are the most damaging weapons in the game, but trying to use it would be pointless since we mainly use short blades. But since it's an elven weapon, it still makes great vendor trash for us.

Uh oh. I'm really fucked now. Zombies are extremely powerful for some reason, and one or two of them are capable of killing my werewolf who wears steel armor and has several of her parameters maxed out because werewolf-ism is OP. But not as OP as zombies.

I guess not? As you can see he took a significant portion of our health, but I'm assuming we also took quite a bit of his. Since he died.

This is what the commoners think of us now.

I sell some gear I don't need as well as that glorious elven steel katana which can cut through anything. As usual I get a shit deal.

Okay, so I waited around a month ingame and I still didn't get my Dark Brotherhood invitation. Did I do something wrong? Also, should I continue with the main story, and if so, which royal family should I get in cahoots with first?
We're already in Daggerfall, Wayrest is another state far to the east in High Rock, and Sentinel is further south, in the deserts of Hammerfell. There are cacti.

Also, here's the last screenshot my werewolf got before the bugged quest halted her progress. I'm not going to say anything about it, just think of it what you will.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »

Two things. One: When you sell stuff, you want to sell them at shops that are described as having "rusty relics" when you enter them. You get the most cash for selling stuff there. Find one, and remember where it is in which city it is. Pawn shops and general stores are best since you can sell the most variety there, but you can only sell weapons at general stores (and weapon shops)

Two: How the hell are you going to survive with only leather armour?!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:05:55 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:51 pm »

Two things. One: When you sell stuff, you want to sell them at shops that are described as having "rusty relics" when you enter them. You get the most cash for selling stuff there. Find one, and remember where it is in which city it is.

Hopefully by learning to be stealthy before we start facing really dangerous enemies. Until then, it's still physically impossible for us to wear anything else because we're an assassin. But that wasn't my decision :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:53:14 pm by IronTomato »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 07:11:46 pm »

HALT is an assassin Descan.
He will obviously hide in that pool of his own blood.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 10:51:01 am »

heh.

Daggerfall is a good example of a world thats too open-ended.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 08:04:04 pm »

I was in the process of making one big update about all the adventures I've did since the last time I posted an updoot, but a couple weeks ago I accidentally my operating system while I was building my new computer. I attempted to back up all my shit before I reinstalled Windows 7, but it didn't actually work for some reason and now HALT has essentially been obliterared from existence.

Sorry.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »

rip HALT you never did realise your dreams of being officially edgy
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 10:04:10 pm »

Goodbye, HALT. I'll never forget you and your unsuccessful career of serial killing and grand larceny.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3