Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 55547 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Nah, they're after it for research. They know as little about us as we know about them.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

That's just asking for an lab accident. But they probably have some BS 'explosions caused by us fucking with explosive shit' immunity.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Hey, their lab business is their lab business, it's all off-screen. Although, considering the missile would be a dangerous alien weapon in their eyes, it'll probably be taken apart in a secure environment.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why don't we just fire off a remote-detonated warhead and let the scorpions take it? If we're lucky we can explode it before they can put it in a secure environment and damage their war effort.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this earlier but good job on getting two updates out in one day!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:39:16 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, we're back to needing what to vote for. I say We Either go for both unstable isotopes and batteries and leave 20 rp floating, or unstable isotopes and basic xenology and leave 10 floating. My vote would be for the latter, since I have plans for flight systems and rocket-propelled hammers.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

I Vote High Capacity Batteries and Basic Xenology. We need stronger weapons...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is Neural Robotics for AI? What does Unstable Isotope Manipulation give us again? If Neural Robotics is for AI, I say we go with that if the roboscorpions I brought in gives us enough RP. If not, then High Capacity Batteries and Basic Xenology because I want LAZOR EYES.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Neural robotics is just pinpoint synchronisation of robotic processes.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what that means but it sounds like a step towards AI.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nueral robotics sounds like a disastor waiting to happen.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adding AI to robots? Yes, that would be bad. Adding AI to mecha? That would be awesome! The fighting spirit of man and machine crashing together in a tidal wave of brotherhood and hot-bloodedness! Just try and stop them!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds to me like adding robotics to a person's brain.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be Neural Bionics. Neural Robotics sounds like a robot brain. But then again, that would be Robotic Neurology... damn it. I guess I'll have Tano ask in-game.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

(actually Neural Robotics is just mentally controling the mech, instead of just old-fashioned joysticks and such.)
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36