Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3541171 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #6420 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »

It's also possible some of the tags changed, since he hadn't finished up (or possibly even started) with writing in those behaviors yet.

Yeah, at the time we got that preview, he hadn't started to look at "remove demons as forced powers" on the list yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: November 06, 2009, 08:08:10 pm »

Only Toady knows the real answer here as to what went on in the preview because it wasn't clear who had the mutant thrush form.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: November 06, 2009, 08:10:15 pm »

Only Toady knows the real answer here as to what went on in the preview because it wasn't clear who had the mutant thrush form.

I think it is prudent here for me just to cut my loses and wait for Toady's answer since I don't think an arguement can really go any further. Though I really want to debate this for multiple reasons. Namely that it is driving me crazy because for me it is obvious.

Though if it was a Tatch with a Trunk.. wouldn't it lack hands? Hellish demons tend to have hands.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:17:13 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:25 pm »

Having a discussion about it is fine really, its just that we don't know what had the mutant thrush form.

I still think it was what the goddess generally took the form of, I mean, she's a goddess of mutation and deformity, what better form than a strangely mutated creature?

Demons are suppoused to be hideous or something, so it wouldn't take a stretch of the imagination to view a creature with godlike powers as bieng the manefestation of the goddess mentioned earlier.

Edit: Waaiiit.... do we even have thrushes in the vanilla game? even as vermin? I'm thinking either Toady added some more wildlife and 'vermin', so there is the chance of that bieng a completely modded creature.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:25:10 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: November 06, 2009, 08:22:51 pm »

I am wondering if the Thrush lacked arms with exception to the trunk (which I guess TECHNICALLY shouldn't contradict a beak unless it ate and spoke through the trunk)

I still think it was a Demon who posed as a goddess because it exemplified the goddesses virtues/vices to the extent that the people were willing to believe Large Trunk Thrush was the goddess. (with some acting involved)

But we would be going in loops if we kept arguing it and I feel bad that I can't resist mentioning it over and over again.

Toady I am noticing that once an army is defeated the town is pretty much overtaken. Will towns ever "Resist" occupation themselves? For example if a great Ex-Adventurer was there could he jump in after the army was defeated and just kill all the attackers? Do they currently resist occupation beyond just running away or turn coating MUCH later?

Hmm why am I asking this question? I am sure towns will do it eventually especially if they have a powerful populous.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:30:52 pm by Neonivek »

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: November 06, 2009, 10:43:00 pm »

Werent titans having randomized appearances now? I think it was a titan, myself.

I can't wait for the next version. It sounds like hours of fun just viewing the legends screen. Then I think about Dwarf mode and I have a dwarfgasm :D

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: November 06, 2009, 11:03:56 pm »

Well, I doubt a titan would have to escape from the depths like this one did.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: November 06, 2009, 11:20:18 pm »

That and Titans and Forgotten Beasts don't have the Power Tag anyhow.

They don't PRETEND to be gods

They ARE gods.

That is the difference.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: November 06, 2009, 11:26:17 pm »

I really think you're extrapolating way too much from a decidedly non-comprehensive sneak peek.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: November 06, 2009, 11:28:20 pm »

Only hyperbolically. The gods are a separate feature, with no physical existence in the game, just a set of linked spheres/entities. Whereas titans and beasts are actual creatures.

And again, as G-Flex said, they didn't have the power tag, a month ago, before the recent leaders re-write.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: November 06, 2009, 11:30:13 pm »

Ehhh yea, it was indeed an awesome update on things, but it was more of an awesome worldgen thing then an actual feature. I don't think we'll see megabeasts taking godly roles as a default thing, Toady just mentioned its possible. And even on that update, the beast impersonated the god, rather then actualy becoming one. It may have worshipers, but it was still just a megabeast, a very weird looking one.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: November 06, 2009, 11:32:05 pm »

Well what I meant was

Powers can only convince people that they are one of the existing gods. If the god doesn't share the same sphere then there is nothing they can do.

Megabeasts on the otherhand convince people, though their power, that they are gods themselves.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: November 06, 2009, 11:33:02 pm »

At least we're all agreed that it's awesome.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: November 07, 2009, 12:43:45 am »

Nope, dude, that's a titan. Definitely.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: November 07, 2009, 01:07:44 am »

The power tag didn't exist when we last saw raws. But the coolest thing would be if they could randomly have or not have it.
They don't PRETEND to be gods

They ARE gods.

That is the difference.
This is in direct contradiction to what Toady said in the DevLog.
Well what I meant was

Powers can only convince people that they are one of the existing gods. If the god doesn't share the same sphere then there is nothing they can do.

Megabeasts on the otherhand convince people, though their power, that they are gods themselves.
Powers are a type of megabeast. Powers are megabeasts with the [POWER] tag, and as such, they are able to assume leadership positions, as with the thrush and the demons in the latest dev log.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:10:49 am by Cruxador »
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1065