Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 923964 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5160 on: April 09, 2015, 07:07:17 pm »

A game that crosses Mount and Blade style combat with a really in-depth magic system, including terrain modification spells. I'd love to be able to do things like explode a hole in a castle wall with a War Mage type character, build a rock bridge up to the ramparts, or even use an Enchanter to sneak a group of soldiers in to capture the gates of a city to let in the army, or any other creative use of magic in a warfare setting.

But definitely open world with many ways of solving problems using magic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: April 09, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »

Boots of blinding speed?

More like blurring and wall slamming :D. Instead of relaxed bullet dodging, frantic game of chicken. Good spatial memory and sense of timing if you want to hit and not crash. I suppose you could jog and go into a speedier but still twitchy mode. Seeing what you actually did afterwards would be delicious.

The new Deus Ex trailer has a messy story, but i like the style. My favourite comment was "Linux terrorists fighting your Mac hero". Have any cyberpunk games properly tackled competing with rich men's transhumanism?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:58 am »

A multiplayer siege game in a Minecraft-style block sandbox world. The defending players have an enclosed area and vast resources with which to build a fort, while the opposing players buy explosives, grappling hooks, magic spells and fire arrows with a limited amount of points. Once the match begins, the attackers need to infiltrate the castle, steal something, then flee the area before they all get killed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: April 10, 2015, 05:08:05 am »

A multiplayer siege game in a Minecraft-style block sandbox world. The defending players have an enclosed area and vast resources with which to build a fort, while the opposing players buy explosives, grappling hooks, magic spells and fire arrows with a limited amount of points. Once the match begins, the attackers need to infiltrate the castle, steal something, then flee the area before they all get killed.

Both Ace of Spades and King Arthur's Gold almost follow that concept... but honestly, I couldn't wholeheartedly recommend either of those games.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: April 10, 2015, 02:37:03 pm »

Dwarfed.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: April 10, 2015, 05:55:45 pm »

Improved versions of many games (Dungeons of Dredmor for example) with themed levels (ie. an ice level, a wild-west level, a fire level, an asian level, a steampunk level, etc) could be improved with he addition of some mechanism that randomizes the order of the levels (or rather the order of the themes) and rebalances the associated enemies accordingly.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: April 11, 2015, 02:06:27 am »

I'd like a romance of the three kingdoms game, but with Cybertronians instead of Chinese, taking place at the start or slightly before the war.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: April 12, 2015, 11:34:32 am »

Improved versions of many games (Dungeons of Dredmor for example) with themed levels (ie. an ice level, a wild-west level, a fire level, an asian level, a steampunk level, etc) could be improved with he addition of some mechanism that randomizes the order of the levels (or rather the order of the themes) and rebalances the associated enemies accordingly.
Dark Wizard
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: April 12, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »

Foreword: So this started off as a more general thing but then I figured that the Half-Life universe is actually a perfect place to set the concept so I guess I'll just pretend it is because games set in that universe outside the core Half-Life games would be nice.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably some other stuff too but to be honest I kind of don't care too much about specifics. Really I just want a game with a reasonable portrayal of rebellion against a force that would be superior in a direct confrontation, and also a non-FPS game set in the Half-Life universe.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5169 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:24 pm »

Probably some other stuff too but to be honest I kind of don't care too much about specifics. Really I just want a game with a reasonable portrayal of rebellion against a force that would be superior in a direct confrontation, and also a non-FPS game set in the Half-Life universe.
You can have the rest of my money if you do this, Valve.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: April 12, 2015, 02:04:32 pm »

Foreword: So this started off as a more general thing but then I figured that the Half-Life universe is actually a perfect place to set the concept so I guess I'll just pretend it is because games set in that universe outside the core Half-Life games would be nice.
I actually think the whole asymmetric turn based warfare would make a really great boardgame.  One player is occupiers, everyone else plays different resistance factions, one player takes all.  Or maybe resistance factions partially work together, either way.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: April 12, 2015, 02:27:33 pm »

Only 1 winner in the end, but resistance can work together in beginning to overcome more powerful occupier. But backstabbing is inevitable. A smart occupier can use this to sow early discord. Mindgames!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: April 12, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »

Only 1 winner in the end, but resistance can work together in beginning to overcome more powerful occupier. But backstabbing is inevitable. A smart occupier can use this to sow early discord. Mindgames!
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Perhaps the rebels would have slightly differing win conditions, so that alliances for the ones that can be shared and rivalries for exclusive ones could form.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: April 12, 2015, 02:45:52 pm »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Perhaps the rebels would have slightly differing win conditions, so that alliances for the ones that can be shared and rivalries for exclusive ones could form.

And maybe the win conditions are secret.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: April 12, 2015, 04:20:00 pm »

I actually think the whole asymmetric turn based warfare would make a really great boardgame.  One player is occupiers, everyone else plays different resistance factions, one player takes all.  Or maybe resistance factions partially work together, either way.

You could probably manage something close with the basic Risk boardgame, although it would be better suited as a kind modification with clearly defined rules.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 577