Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 446571 times)

SkeleBret

• Bay Watcher
  • shudders and begins to move!
    • View Profile
    • I make YouTube videos
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #990 on: December 18, 2016, 06:48:11 pm »

Disregard the armor posts, it's just hot when it comes off the angels' flames and that's what causes melting. Nothing special. =(

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 19, 2016, 01:22:44 am »

Sazir Ingizilon, Ghostly Goblin Bard has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 19, 2016, 01:49:48 am »

Oh, and temporary residents can trade at depot, although you can't assign them other jobs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 20, 2016, 10:18:18 am »

Religious crusades are in. Although at the moment, as far as I know, they're only waged by godded civs against non-godded ones. In my mod, every once in a while capitalists will wage war against Vulcans, and sight 'their godlessness' as the reason.
      Also, I once had a megabeast appear in world-gen, and it attacked during a festival. the running competition actually showed the megabeast attacking at the end of it. The megabeast also killed some of the competitors.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 20, 2016, 12:19:01 pm »

You cannot jump outside of your vision range. Being blind in adventure mode makes it so you cannot jump.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 20, 2016, 04:03:24 pm »

Huh.  That doesn't sound particularly intentional.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 21, 2016, 01:05:40 am »

Fishing doesn't count as practising a craft. I have a fisherdwarf badly distracted due fishing exclusively.

A dwarf can survive 19z fall onto slade floor (as a result of cave-in). Also, just like in 31.25 days, sand wall caved in thus can support surface biome on it (checked with farm plot) if above ground.

Slade dustings are bright red - water can carry this into walls to give them unusual colour (till dwarf or rain cleans it, anyway).

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 24, 2016, 11:05:29 pm »

I don't know if it was coincidence, but my goblin duke was horrified after seeing some goblin invaders die, while the dwarves just shrugged and felt nothing.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 25, 2016, 02:43:33 am »

Pigs aren't grazers.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 26, 2016, 04:59:45 am »

Pigs aren't grazers.

Pig milk is more valuable as cheese foodwise or alternatively, you can freeze milk in cold temperature to turn it into frozen milk, which is directly edible if kept at a low temperature as per a natural ice storeroom.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 26, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »

Bunch of worldgen stuff:

Werebeast number affects what you find in evil biomes.

Secret number affects the placement of civs.

If you have 0 passage Density and any openness at all your caverns will always have some open spaces.

Disturbance interaction count doesn't seem to affect history.

But lots of factors that affect something only do it occasionally, i.e. cavern water and available plants.

Cavern and magma sea layouts are affected by same parameters, though sadly magma sea can remain wide open even at minimal openness.

If you had more than minimum zs between layers, you can sometimes move the entire cavern up or town a bit without changing mineral layouts, up to a variable limit.

What clouds or reanimation you get on evil embark is affected by either number.

Though a clown car spawns limited type of demons, you can get more types as "wild animal packs" by increasing demon number - to a slow and nonlinear extent (8 in region-pops with 11 → 12 with 50).

If cavern parameter minimum values are greater than max values, it defaults to max.

E: giant alligators drown in lava.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:36:16 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 27, 2016, 02:18:34 am »

Weapon traps with silver weapons can be destroyed by a hot target.
And silver weapons become silvers (weight 6, basic value 10).

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 27, 2016, 04:46:24 am »

Weapon traps with silver weapons can be destroyed by a hot target.
And silver weapons become silvers (weight 6, basic value 10).
They can be melted down for 1/10 of a bar of silver, I believe. Unfortunately, they are also considered contaminants and as such, your dwarves will eagerly clean them up, while leaving your grand dining hall coated in blood and vomit.

Blind (Vision Lost in red on Health screen) dwarves can still use archery ranges to train their crossbow skills.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 27, 2016, 09:27:33 am »

Bunch of worldgen stuff:

Werebeast number affects what you find in evil biomes.

Secret number affects the placement of civs.

If you have 0 passage Density and any openness at all your caverns will always have some open spaces.

Disturbance interaction count doesn't seem to affect history.

But lots of factors that affect something only do it occasionally, i.e. cavern water and available plants.

Cavern and magma sea layouts are affected by same parameters, though sadly magma sea can remain wide open even at minimal openness.

If you had more than minimum zs between layers, you can sometimes move the entire cavern up or town a bit without changing mineral layouts, up to a variable limit.

What clouds or reanimation you get on evil embark is affected by either number.

Though a clown car spawns limited type of demons, you can get more types as "wild animal packs" by increasing demon number - to a slow and nonlinear extent (8 in region-pops with 11 → 12 with 50).

If cavern parameter minimum values are greater than max values, it defaults to max.

E: giant alligators drown in lava.
How does werebeast number affect evil biomes? How does number of secrets affect placement of civs? Why do these things happen?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 27, 2016, 09:48:30 am »

Picking a rng number for them displaces the next rng number in line? Syndromes are generated sequentially with night ones before evil ones? I dunno. I do know that bumping werebeast number by 1 got me on same embark blood rain when previously there wasn't any, and bumping secrets from 100 to 1000 displaced the initial sites.

I come upon these things as I divide generating desired embark into parts, so variables that don't affect what I've done before are useful.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 148