Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Question about ORIENTATION tag  (Read 10807 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ORIENTATION tag
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2014, 04:27:59 pm »

Also, isn't possible your two dwarves just aren't interested in each other? I mean, it seems like the science of who a dwarf will find attractive isn't super exact so they may just not be interested in each other specifically. Or perhaps I am giving them credit for more detail than they have.
This is possible and quite likely. Look at the relationship system (past and present) for examples.
Also note that creatures decide their orientation at birth/existence so editing raw ORIENTATION later won't affect your current dwarves.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2014, 05:16:59 pm »

However, you can edit orientation really freaking easily with DFHack.

gui/gm-editor on the dwarf, navigate to status/current_soul/personality/orientation_flags.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2017, 04:50:42 pm »

Hi, i up this topic to refresh a little question.

Does ORIENTATION tag REALLY affect worldgen ?
The wiki seems to say yes (it say : dwarves will be wipped out quickly with ORIENTATION:X:100:0:0] for example) but my personnal testing seems to say no. I am just testing orientation set to 100:0:0 for both castes (male and female) to their counterpart, for each race in the game after made them mortal AND deleted the limitation of site and pop in world generation. And on the long run, i am at 300 years of worldgen and site keep poping everywhere...

Soooo, i imagine this tag doesn't work during worldgen finally, or at least doesn't work anymore in this way.

If anyone can confirm ...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »

It only affects historical figures, not site pops. Site populations will still be popped up from the aether as long as there is a MALE and FEMALE caste. This has always been the case.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 08:47:02 pm »

Ok, so it is an error of the wiki.

Does this "population simulation" take count of the ratio between male of female. In fact : more general question : does it simulate pregnancy of these population, at which rate etc...

So, if i create a CASTE of female which is only present in small numbers, by using the [POP_RATIO:XX] for example. Could it be a good way to prevent them from popping from aether in TOO great number ? (i try to limitate the population in a "natural way" during world gen in non playable race instead of using the site cap) instead of using the orientation tag.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 11:42:58 pm »

Ok, so it is an error of the wiki.

Does this "population simulation" take count of the ratio between male of female. In fact : more general question : does it simulate pregnancy of these population, at which rate etc...

So, if i create a CASTE of female which is only present in small numbers, by using the [POP_RATIO:XX] for example. Could it be a good way to prevent them from popping from aether in TOO great number ? (i try to limitate the population in a "natural way" during world gen in non playable race instead of using the site cap) instead of using the orientation tag.
Caste ratio seems to work ok on populations. I've been playing with that recently. I can only really tell by how many become historical figures of course, but the number visibly cut down when I reduced the ratio of one caste from 1% to 0.5% of the population. That's based on observing 20-30 or so worldgens of each.
Whether that effects breeding is another question though. You'd have to experiment (I was just adding a third caste).

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2017, 11:16:38 am »

Yes, i will test that with no female caste or a very rare occurence of them in elves, for example, to test.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]