Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124704 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2020, 06:24:43 am »

I proudly made my first GC3 on day 215, only to find out that GC3 is supposed to be the first, basic-disposable GC. Why it is basic-disposable? Because someone got to cast those 20k mana weather spells for perfect "stars are left". And maybe craft some pills. And that's, apparently, it.  :-\ Although with enough persistence GC7 six paths can do the same.

On the other end, perfectionist guy on other forum (i like him for useful and comprehensive guides) apparently spent all not sleeping or eating time since english release learning every single little thing in first half of the game, rolling the game to summer and then starting over (and over and over) because something went slightly wrong. For the last game he cycled trough more than 10 maps to find just perfect one. And got smote on day 12 by +300 rep from blessed sect status. *censored!* (c)

LOL!

After reading this guide on Sub-Spirits, I'm convinced that everyone who can be made a Primoridal Spirit should be made a Primordial Spirit.  The whole strategy is to take a subpar cultivator, dump their entire experience onto their stuff, then give said stuff to a decent cultivator to get an excellent cultivator.

Congrats on the GC3!  You can probably go front end with that thing.  Let some lesser GC be the expendable one.

I have a 1000+ day game I finished the other night and in the end only had around 3400 rep, while others with high optimized runs are beating the game at 15000+ rep and cultivators that could stomp mine if we went into the PVP area in the game (though i've been avoiding the PVP, people put a lot of hacked/cheated characters into it).

Finish game?  It was hinted, but you can actually finish the game?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2020, 06:32:06 am »

There is an end-game victory condition type thing (maybe more than one?), yes. Dunno if it actually punts you to a victory screen, your-save-is-done-go-away, make new game to start playing again thing, tho'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2020, 06:35:25 am »

I proudly made my first GC3 on day 215, only to find out that GC3 is supposed to be the first, basic-disposable GC. Why it is basic-disposable? Because someone got to cast those 20k mana weather spells for perfect "stars are left". And maybe craft some pills. And that's, apparently, it.  :-\ Although with enough persistence GC7 six paths can do the same.

On the other end, perfectionist guy on other forum (i like him for useful and comprehensive guides) apparently spent all not sleeping or eating time since english release learning every single little thing in first half of the game, rolling the game to summer and then starting over (and over and over) because something went slightly wrong. For the last game he cycled trough more than 10 maps to find just perfect one. And got smote on day 12 by +300 rep from blessed sect status. *censored!* (c)

LOL!

After reading this guide on Sub-Spirits, I'm convinced that everyone who can be made a Primoridal Spirit should be made a Primordial Spirit.  The whole strategy is to take a subpar cultivator, dump their entire experience onto their stuff, then give said stuff to a decent cultivator to get an excellent cultivator.

Congrats on the GC3!  You can probably go front end with that thing.  Let some lesser GC be the expendable one.

I have a 1000+ day game I finished the other night and in the end only had around 3400 rep, while others with high optimized runs are beating the game at 15000+ rep and cultivators that could stomp mine if we went into the PVP area in the game (though i've been avoiding the PVP, people put a lot of hacked/cheated characters into it).

Finish game?  It was hinted, but you can actually finish the game?

Yea, though it depends on what end game you give yourself. The Story, if you choose to pursue, has the last event happen on day 2000. Other then that it really depends on what you make your end game. Most of the time for myself my end game is just making a good looking, functional and strong sect xD. Some people make it their goal to conquer the other Sects, which considering the other sects have Elders with over 5 million Qi means you'll be playing for a long while. Others make it their goal to get one wonder from 1 sect, either by stealing it or by attacking them for it. Some go for the ancient formations which are easier to steal and all have unique effects that normal formations can't do. And even more so others just make it their end game to make the strongest cultivator with the strongest artifact (since artifacts get stronger if, before you turn them into an artifact, the more Qi you store into it the stronger it is).

A friend of mine is using the Marriage + Children mod (called Tie the Knot) to do a 2 Cultivators Only run and his end game is making a successful sect with only those 2 as his only cultivators. He got pretty incensed the other night because he was trying to do a whole "One Good, One Evil" theme and the characters got the "Death Spiritualist" and "Blood Spiritualist" titles xD.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2020, 06:36:10 am »

There is an end-game victory condition type thing (maybe more than one?), yes. Dunno if it actually punts you to a victory screen, your-save-is-done-go-away, make new game to start playing again thing, tho'.

It doesn't have a specific victory screen. You can keep going once that last story event on day 2000 happens. Other then that, end game is just what you make it really.

I think the longest I've seen someone go was like, 3500 days I believe, which is around 29 years in game.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:47:49 am by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2020, 08:28:04 am »

It doesn't have a specific victory screen. You can keep going once that last story event on day 2000 happens. Other then that, end game is just what you make it really.

I think the longest I've seen someone go was like, 3500 days I believe, which is around 29 years in game.

I'm more curious how long it would be in realtime.  I mean, it takes about 8 hours for me to get through one in-game year.  Could maybe cut that down to 4 if I really didn't care what happened.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2020, 08:30:58 am »

I'm more curious how long it would be in realtime.  I mean, it takes about 8 hours for me to get through one in-game year.  Could maybe cut that down to 4 if I really didn't care what happened.

Honestly really depends on what you set the highest speed option to, cause you can change it from x3 to up to like x10 in the settings menu, there's a chinese mod people have been wanting to get translated that bumps that further up to x20. So could be any time from 1 month irl to like, 2 weeks xD.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2020, 10:05:14 am »

So I have a relic with the requirement of Narrow Storage.  WTF is Narrow Storage?!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2020, 10:12:26 am »

So I have a relic with the requirement of Narrow Storage.  WTF is Narrow Storage?!

Huh, i've never actually seen anyone have that before? No-one on the discord seems to know either. Maybe just a very small storage room?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2020, 11:34:35 am »

Not sure if I'm reading the Feng Shui compass right. I've got an inner disciple with the Sunflower Refining Law(an Earth law), so I built her a room out of igneocopper walls, floor, and furniture, with a graystone bed, and a few lanterns and displays made of ice crystal to keep her from burning to death. She's got full ++++ on Element. The compass however shows that the room is mostly Fire(obviously), Water, and... Metal? And no Earth anywhere in the room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2020, 11:38:32 am »

Not sure if I'm reading the Feng Shui compass right. I've got an inner disciple with the Sunflower Refining Law(an Earth law), so I built her a room out of igneocopper walls, floor, and furniture, with a graystone bed, and a few lanterns and displays made of ice crystal to keep her from burning to death. She's got full ++++ on Element. The compass however shows that the room is mostly Fire(obviously), Water, and... Metal? And no Earth anywhere in the room.

For bedrooms you generally don't need to make the materials out of their element or begetting element unless they're cultivating in them. I've found making room items, flooring and walls out of Earth material and the bed out Metal the best, gives very auspicious fengshui and has no temperature stuff messing with it. Course that's just me, you can do whatever you want tbh.

Are you mousing over the bed when you're checking? Make sure the game didn't auto-select a different material for some other items as well, it's done that to me a few times, was making housing out of Spirit stone walls and flooring, and found it made some walls out of Jade instead for some reason.

Oh right, for all of you not on the discord and the like, but want the guides, here they are!

(spoilered for those who want to learn themselves, not to make the post super long, and as some of them have spoilery names)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:47:55 am by Unknown72 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2020, 12:16:28 pm »

For bedrooms you generally don't need to make the materials out of their element or begetting element unless they're cultivating in them. I've found making room items, flooring and walls out of Earth material and the bed out Metal the best, gives very auspicious fengshui and has no temperature stuff messing with it. Course that's just me, you can do whatever you want tbh.

I am mousing directly over the bed. It gives a slight Metal reading. The bed is placed with head in the NE corner. The tile to the left of the foot of the bed gives the strongest Metal readings, and curiously one of the weakest Fire readings. A few of the tiles surrounding the lanterns and displays, but not the tiles they're on, give the strongest Water readings. Is it because of the underlying terrain? I built in on a patch of rocky terrain, rather than dirt.

She is cultivating in there. Last I checked, you're supposed to make their cultivation spot(defaults to their bed) out of their Law's element, and the surrounding room from the element that feeds their Law's element. In this case, Fire feeds Earth.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2020, 12:22:15 pm »

I am mousing directly over the bed. It gives a slight Metal reading. The bed is placed with head in the NE corner. The tile to the left of the foot of the bed gives the strongest Metal readings, and curiously one of the weakest Fire readings. A few of the tiles surrounding the lanterns and displays, but not the tiles they're on, give the strongest Water readings. Is it because of the underlying terrain? I built in on a patch of rocky terrain, rather than dirt.

She is cultivating in there. Last I checked, you're supposed to make their cultivation spot(defaults to their bed) out of their Law's element, and the surrounding room from the element that feeds their Law's element. In this case, Fire feeds Earth.

Yea you're correct on the latter, I just wasn't aware you were having them cultivate in their rooms. If you don't have the materials or Qi Gather items for proper cultivation rooms then yea you're on the right track. Once you build flooring over something it replaces the element it's placed over, so that's generally not the problem. Some items radiate an element irregardless of what it's made of but only slightly (Like Furnaces radiate Fire when in use for example) so that could be it. Honestly so long as their Element is at 5 +'s, or at the least 3, and the room has Auspicious of any kind, then you're fine. If you're alright with it, could you send a screenshot?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2020, 01:52:29 pm »

Spoiler: Yar. (click to show/hide)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2020, 02:00:33 pm »

Spoiler: Yar. (click to show/hide)

Yea that's really weird, you shouldn't be getting metal in there at all. It might be due to some bug or something. Though element spread you see from the Feng Shui menu ala the Observatory is always a bit wonky. As a heads up, wherever you mouse takes into account everything 3 tiles (including the tile it's on) in it's radius. So it could be grabbing some element outside of the wall. It's why the optimal design for cultivation rooms is a diamond of 3 tiles with appropriate Qi gathering materials, and then a diamond outside that one (aka 4 tiles) of spirit wood, since it no longer affects the middle tile where the cultivator is at.

Here's some examples (as posted by swb)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2020, 02:29:26 pm »

Once you build flooring over something it replaces the element it's placed over,
It does not replace it, it merely makes it less relevant as it adds some extra element of a different type.
If you floor over water and stick a cultivation room there its guna have a lot of water no matter what you do. If you stick enough of a different element there the water gets overpowered and seems to go away, but it never really goes away and just gets kinda overshadowed. Despite being overshadowed its always relevant no matter what, so you want to be careful to build your cultivation rooms on the right type of land.

I strongly recommend the more grid info mod because it quantifies this kinda stuff in a way that lets you understand how fung shei works personally.
Yea that's really weird, you shouldn't be getting metal in there at all.
He built it on rocky terrain, which is the only type of land that has metal in it by default. It is thus one of the best places to stick cultivation rooms that want metal, or fire (since it has no nature element), but kinda the worst if you *don't* want metal.
Though element spread you see from the Feng Shui menu ala the Observatory is always a bit wonky. As a heads up, wherever you mouse takes into account everything 3 tiles (including the tile it's on) in it's radius. So it could be grabbing some element outside of the wall. It's why the optimal design for cultivation rooms is a diamond of 3 tiles with appropriate Qi gathering materials, and then a diamond outside that one (aka 4 tiles) of spirit wood, since it no longer affects the middle tile where the cultivator is at.
*Waggles hand*
Not quite actually. Despite nearly every guide saying that fung shei has a range of 3 it actually doesn't and they are all wrong.
What it does have is a range that is dependent on the item in question, with a general (but not absolute) rule of higher tier=longer fung shei range.

Some stuff has no fung shei at all (eg. iron ingots (but not iron walls or floors)) others have a fung shei range of 1 (floors of any kind), others have 2 (walls of any kind, igneocopper/ice crystal ingots, stone/jade essense), or 3 (spiritwood, pretty much everything with 4 qi gather range regardless of tier), or 4 (Ice/fire essence ingots, darksteel ingots) or even 5 (spirit seeds like crimson fruit, or the giant ginko trees, which is why you never want to use them for non-fire cultivation). Some decorations are even variable such as flags, which have a range that depends on the material they are made out of.
You can tell the size of their aura a little if you mouse over them cause they have a glow that's stronger the larger the aura (or you can just use the observatory), but in general you really want more grid info to figure this kind of stuff out.
Narrow is a room size which is smaller then normal. When you select a room it tells you the room size. Storage is a room with presumably a stockpile in it but without anything else that would define a room otherwise (eg. no production facilities).
Yeah, the game is a huge pain in the butt. Either you do things horribly sub-optimal cause the game never even implies what you really need to do and doesn't give you the tools to find out, or you read a guide which explains it but rips away all the mystery of the game and just tells you exactly what to do.  :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:34:48 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43