Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 123992 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #570 on: February 23, 2023, 03:44:42 am »

Doesn't the fengshui of the room affect cultivation? So you would want the fengshui of the bed to be good which means it should match your cultivators element.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 23, 2023, 11:21:06 am »

While I'm far from an expert at this, as far as I know / can tell, the only thing your cultivators care about regarding bedrooms is how fancy they are.

So you want a bed made out of the most expensive substance you have available - probably sprit stone, marble, or jade.

edit: unless, like Akura says, they're doing their cultivation there... which they shouldn't, since you should have a specialized cultivation room for that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 23, 2023, 11:40:32 am »

I think I had always made my physicals cultivate in their bedrooms. There's no reason to make a separate room for these guys.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 23, 2023, 04:15:59 pm »

I think I had always made my physicals cultivate in their bedrooms. There's no reason to make a separate room for these guys.

This is: Cursed Feng Shui essence. So far I haven't seen it as required, as the remold labels that state they come from that essence can be gotten(presumably less often) from other essences, but since I haven't remolded using Cursed Feng Shui essence I don't know if there are any labels exclusive to it.

Also, all my guys are sleeping in 3x4 rooms, so there's little room to put essence items.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 26, 2023, 02:30:59 am »

Fired this up again, I've got a small sect slowly getting off the ground with a single inner disciple. Well, before I called it a night I got a visiting cat yaoguai that I'm tempted to take on as a second inner. She's got maxed Charisma, high Intelligence, middling Perception, but most importantly better Potential than all of my sect members. Even better, she has a little over 200 days before tribulation hits, which feels like it ought to be long enough to give her a decent shot at survival.

The only downsides are sub-20 Qi Sense and pretty poor numbers in other cultivation stats. Really good medicine and crafting, but I don't think those transfer to inner tasks unfortunately.

Worth an inner slot? Keep her an outer? Kick her out? I'm terribly unsure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 26, 2023, 02:52:51 am »

...I usually want to accept everyone, so I'm not the best at making those decisions.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 26, 2023, 05:56:57 am »

Yaoguai are almost always worth it as an outer due to the move speed bonus. It sounds like she is double worth it due to her good crafting.

As for an inner.. maybe? If she has good artisan she would be a good crafter, and if you pump points into con (to raise effective qi sense) and get all the qi sense skills she might end up pretty decent.
For me it would probably depend on if she has good compatibility with a law that you don't already have someone studying, in which case I would probably make her a crafter or alchemist if you need one since the stats translate a little.
I dunno about pumping a bunch of resources into her though. 200 days is probably enough to pass the tribulation, but if she fails it ain't that big a deal.

Worst case (assuming you don't waste your good drugs all on her) is you have a crafter/social dude for 200 days to do errands, cast random miracles, and fight poorly at the cost of a cultivation room.
---
Potential doesn't matter at all btw barring extreme endgame stuff.
I also feel like it's better to look at starting qi sense rank (aka out of 20) since that tells you how high you can get the actual skill after you pump your dude full of drugs and manuals.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 26, 2023, 06:04:38 am »

The Mysterious Cavern popped up on my map at day 301. The only damage its initial appearance was the area I paved with spirit stones to serve as an elementally-neutral tribulation ground. Quickly put an auspicious room around it, along with the Morality Seal. Unfortunately, my cultivators are no way close to ready to fight it. None have a max qi of over 250k, and I don't really know how to use formations. Nowhere near enough holy stone to make artifacts. Artifact crafters cannot craft holy stone artifacts anyway. Working on sun pills, but I don't have many anguish gems left to refine them further.

Fired this up again, I've got a small sect slowly getting off the ground with a single inner disciple. Well, before I called it a night I got a visiting cat yaoguai that I'm tempted to take on as a second inner. She's got maxed Charisma, high Intelligence, middling Perception, but most importantly better Potential than all of my sect members. Even better, she has a little over 200 days before tribulation hits, which feels like it ought to be long enough to give her a decent shot at survival.

The only downsides are sub-20 Qi Sense and pretty poor numbers in other cultivation stats. Really good medicine and crafting, but I don't think those transfer to inner tasks unfortunately.

Worth an inner slot? Keep her an outer? Kick her out? I'm terribly unsure.

I think Medicine translates to better Alchemy once promoted. Crafting probably has some influence on Alchemy and/or Artifact Crafting. Might explain why my alchemist is becoming better at Artifact Crafting than my artifact crafter.
PRE-EDIT: According to the wiki: They do. The formulas for Xiandao and Shendao are:

Skill caps for Medicine and Crafting transfer to Alchemy and Artifact Crafting, respectively.
4% of Medicine per level of Magic Crafting(that is, if MC is 12, 48% of the level of Medicine) is transferred to Alchemy. Same with Crafting->Artifact Crafting.
Every point in Magic randomly becomes a point in Artifact Mastery, Spell, and Protect.

If you want better Qi Sense, bump up your catgirl's Constitution if you can, as that has more of an effect than Intelligence. High Charisma, Intelligence, and Perception would make her a decent choice for Sunflower Refining Law.

I'm not sure what you mean by "inner slot". Your population cap is total population, inners and outers, possibly including guests but not zombies and vessels.

EDIT: I'm trying to raise a Shendao cultivator, which is much more complicated than Xiandao or Physical. She currently has a mood buff(which is bad) for witnessing a miracle. Despite the fact that no miracles were performed near her shack, and the person the miracle was cast was actually somebody whose corpse was fed to a spirit root on the other side of the map.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 07:26:25 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 26, 2023, 07:32:11 am »

Ancient cultivators will pop up along with that mysterious cavern. Maybe go talk to them with Primordial spirits with high charisma...

Also, if you can't make an earth artifact, take a look around at sects to see if any have one available for lending, and start working on relations with them.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 26, 2023, 10:12:07 am »

Any advice on how to raise constitution for the catgirl? I imagine there must be some sort of herb or elixir that will do the trick, or maybe a cultivation technique. I just don't know which ones (and just as importantly, how to acquire them).

My first inner is doing True Sun Refining, or whatever that newbie-friendly starting fire law is. She's got a simple cultivation setup with spiritwood on display stands surrounding a cushion, and is currently trying to reach golden core. The catgirl looks like she'd be a pretty natural fit for the Sunflower law, though I'm not at all sure what I'd use for her cultivation; I'm somewhat lacking in fire element items.

Also forgive my imprecise terminology. When I asked if she'd be worth an inner slot what I meant was "could she be worth the expenditure of resources making her own room and a place to cultivate?", but it was after 11:00 and I was tired.

Whoops, still tired and forgot to ask. Which version of Elysium do you folks use? I checked the Steam workshop and there's at least three different versions by different people. The one with the most subscriptions also says it's no longer being worked on and might not work any longer.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 10:22:48 am by Sirus »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 26, 2023, 12:23:37 pm »

Oh, if you're still early game, you probably aren't going to have access to the miracles I was thinking of, which boosts an outer's stats by at least 20% one time, as those are Primordial Spirit-level. Other than that, there are several other skills that can increase various stats. If you haven't already, build a dozen or two Manual Pavilions and transcribe every law you have available. Better still, have the catgirl do that, as that gives a decent chunk of inspiration points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 26, 2023, 01:58:11 pm »

So apparently for earth cultivators, they want fire essence bars. To make fire essence bars they need tons of igneocopper ore and demon blood. Where do I find demon blood? Who knows, but I assume you're supposed to get it from demons. So for now my catgirl is just kinda, not getting much done. I may have made a mistake here.

Also my fire cultivator failed to break through at 100% and got injured. She had high mood and stable mental state, sitting in her cultivation room, but I guess something went wrong somehow. Now I'm not sure how to improve her odds.

The dog showed up, I'm trying to keep up with his training. So far I've got him peeing on herbs and shitting on farm plots, so that's helpful.

ETA: Breakthrough successful! Still a ways to go before golden core becomes a thing but at least she's progressing. Now, if only I could figure out how to get my catgirl going...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 02:31:06 pm by Sirus »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 26, 2023, 03:00:51 pm »

IIRC demon blood was easy to come by. Either dropped by demon invaders, or by killing the demons in the corner of the map, or in one of the first locations on the overland map - killing those should be doable even with a weak cultivator if you use the dog to tank the damage. Might take some kiting though.
I don't remember if the map-corner demons were somehow particularly stronger than those in the adventure locations, but maybe go for the latter - seems safer without your outers to worry about.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 26, 2023, 03:40:03 pm »

Where do I find demon blood? Who knows, but I assume you're supposed to get it from demons. So for now my catgirl is just kinda, not getting much done. I may have made a mistake here.
Oh, if things go poorly with your catgirl cultivator, you'll at least have a source for some demon blood... :P

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 26, 2023, 04:05:42 pm »

IIRC you can stick 4 igneocopper bars *right* next to her at range 1 for the elemental influence (but no qi gathering) and a full ring of spirit wood at range 5 for a pretty decent cultivation array.
I wouldn't do a GC breakthrough with it, but it should be enough to get her ready for her GC breakthrough.
Whoops, still tired and forgot to ask. Which version of Elysium do you folks use? I checked the Steam workshop and there's at least three different versions by different people. The one with the most subscriptions also says it's no longer being worked on and might not work any longer.
You probably want to use elesium obsession since it stops your dudes from getting the happiness obsession. It probably isn't an issue for you, but the extra functionality is useful to have if you do actually need it.
Other then that though pretty sure they all work just fine.
Also my fire cultivator failed to break through at 100% and got injured. She had high mood and stable mental state, sitting in her cultivation room, but I guess something went wrong somehow. Now I'm not sure how to improve her odds.
Pretty sure the actual check comes at the end, so either her mental state went down, the time of day changed, or the weather changed dropping her down from 100%.
Nowhere near enough holy stone to make artifacts.
Wait. Stop. Why?
Quickly put an auspicious room around it
The difference between auspicious and V auspicious can be very significant there. Stick a feng shui building in the room to act as a node and give it the appropriate walls and flags to make it properly happy.
IIRC demon blood was easy to come by. Either dropped by demon invaders, or by killing the demons in the corner of the map, or in one of the first locations on the overland map - killing those should be doable even with a weak cultivator if you use the dog to tank the damage. Might take some kiting though.
I don't remember if the map-corner demons were somehow particularly stronger than those in the adventure locations, but maybe go for the latter - seems safer without your outers to worry about.
There are weaker ones on some maps then your starting one.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43