Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Baldur's Gate  (Read 17404 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Gate
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: moar spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:03:12 pm by ed boy »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:48 am »

>:<

FIX THAT SPOILER.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2011, 12:03:35 pm »

Sorry about that.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »

Well I finally beat BG1. In the end I completed it with my solo sorc. My actual party group is sill sitting around in the Iron Throne tower. Heh, toward the end it was getting ridiculous I could summon hordes of allies had insane amounts of protective spells and if anyone was immune to my spells and monsters couldn't hit them I could chug a potion of heroism and throw melfs minute meteors at them with a thac0 of 3.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2011, 04:11:00 pm »

Ok I'm still playing the first one :P  Durlag's tower and I just hit the chess board.  I also did werewolf island which was pretty hard but fun.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2013, 04:27:20 am »

I remember playing BG in my kids' days when I was unable to understand anything and I always liked to reroll characters. Now, I want to touch BG with adults' hands.

Which game version could you recommend? There's BG:EE, there's Tutu, I am confused. I want to be able to play both games, if possible in BG2's engine. Also, bugfixes and patches and all official content.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2013, 04:40:14 am »

Well if you want to play all the games with the same engine get the "Baldur's Gate: Trilogy" mod. It lets you play a single game all the way through each game with the save character. You'll need all the games however, GOG is the best place for this. Tutu is just the original Baldur's Gate ported to the second game's engine.
If you just want to play the original Baldur's Gate there's BG:EE which is really good. Only problem is they're currently in a legal dispute with Atari and they haven't released a patch that was meant to solve a lot of bugs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2013, 04:42:57 am »

I've got Baldur's Gate TuTu installed and it's quite neat. It does what you're looking for, importing Baldur's Gate 1 into the sequels updated engine and allows you to play from the first to the second, including Throne of Bhaal by importing your characters.

It may require a bit of hard drive space as it needs to compile (at least it did when I installed it about 2 years ago) the games into a single folder.

As for balance, I don't know if you're interested in that (I'm not really) but I can imagine some of the more complex classes and newer spells could make Baldur's Gate 1 a tad easy.

TuTu uses the original versions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (+ expansions) and not the enhanced edition. Well... I say that but I haven't checked their website recently.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2013, 06:08:31 am »

Seems like TuTu is the way to go. I need the english version of both games with their expansions for this, patched, right?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:28 am »

Seems like TuTu is the way to go. I need the english version of both games with their expansions for this, patched, right?

Here's some instructions from their website on installing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There was also a bit that described it was possible to play using a different language, but only with an older version I assume called TuTu V4.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]