Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1001814 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7500 on: November 22, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »

Everything is people.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: November 22, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »

And what if you have furries who own pets?

feudalism

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: November 22, 2013, 01:01:23 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: November 22, 2013, 01:07:05 pm »

(Though there isn't an actual 'Road Tax' as soon many believe there is.)
So what do tax disks show you've paid? My life has been a lie.
Roads are maintained either through a small tax on gas and large vehicle (55,000+ lbs) registration (for the national level) or through vehicle registration fees at the state level mostly (though this varies a little bit from state to state).
It is also funded by road/bridge tolls, at least around the New York/New Jersey area.  They've raised rates a few times over the past few years on some of em.   :'(
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: November 22, 2013, 01:10:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure not all the fighters are human iin saltybet
that means its animal abuse
saltybet is satan for animals
There's definitely outright animal fighters in saltybet. Bison and bear are pretty solid, and killer whale is supposed to be one of the deadlier things in the game (haven't had the fortune to see a killer whale match, yet). Then there's critters like Ecco (Eco?) that's basically a massive undersea gangbang that almost never loses, or the Kraken which is almost as much of a boot to the head as the original Shining Force one.

Basically, animals are definitely represented in Saltybet, and they trend toward brutal.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: November 22, 2013, 01:11:17 pm »

And what if you have furries who own pets?

feudalism
furdalism

* LordSlowpoke claps slowly

i will be using this as a term now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: November 22, 2013, 01:21:04 pm »

Roads are maintained either through a small tax on gas and large vehicle (55,000+ lbs) registration (for the national level) or through vehicle registration fees at the state level mostly (though this varies a little bit from state to state).
It is also funded by road/bridge tolls, at least around the New York/New Jersey area.  They've raised rates a few times over the past few years on some of em.   :'(
I misread that as Trolls, which seemed like a nice and historical way to gather taxes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: November 22, 2013, 01:21:07 pm »

"Wait, wut r we spost to b doin?"

The same girl in my class keeps saying this so many times, whenever the teacher finishes saying anything. We learned how nuclear changes, this was said quite a lot.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: November 22, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »

"Wait, wut r we spost to b doin?"

The same girl in my class keeps saying this so many times, whenever the teacher finishes saying anything. We learned how nuclear changes, this was said quite a lot.

oi, i remember saying that one starting from elementary all the way to and including high school - i waltzed off to whatever land my daydreaming took me off to most times, don't say that it hasn't happened to you. the sheer volume of it can be ridiculous though, once you notice you aren't paying attention you're supposed to put some effort into not stopping to care about the stuff you're working on again and that girl might have problems with understanding this here part

or just you know ceasing to care about it and doing your own thing instead of annoying the people who are indeed caring

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: November 22, 2013, 01:27:07 pm »

I misread that as Trolls, which seemed like a nice and historical way to gather taxes.
I so want to use this in a fantasy setting now -- trolls employed by the local king to gather customs duties from travellers. Adventurers could be hired by a merchant company to kill the trolls at a certain bridge before they send a particularly high-value caravan through, only to find out later that their "good deed" constituted murder of the King's officials and now they're wanted criminals. :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7511 on: November 22, 2013, 01:31:14 pm »

Would furries count as animals or people? And what if you have furries who own pets?
Depends on the pet, usually considered to be akin to owning a pet monkey if it's the same species belt.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: November 22, 2013, 01:32:29 pm »

I so want to use this in a fantasy setting now -- trolls employed by the local king to gather customs duties from travellers. Adventurers could be hired by a merchant company to kill the trolls at a certain bridge before they send a particularly high-value caravan through, only to find out later that their "good deed" constituted murder of the King's officials and now they're wanted criminals. :D

Discworld, specifically Carpe Jugulum and Lords and Ladies, features a, uh, t(r)oll bridge, although in this case it's more border guard than anything.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: November 22, 2013, 02:37:12 pm »

This is actually sort of brilliant, because trolls are:

1. Somewhat unimaginative and single-minded, at least in DnD, because they're low Intelligence and low Wisdom. They just want da bux for da baws, brah.
2. They're tough, nigh immune to death from non-fire/acid sources, and if you cut them apart, you just have more trolls to deal with.
3. They'd probably be a cheap hire. "I will give you one animal of your choice for every month you watch my bridge."
4. They're intimidating. No one wants to tell the ten foot tall, insta-regenerating, man-eating monster 'no'.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: November 22, 2013, 03:07:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure not all the fighters are human iin saltybet
that means its animal abuse
saltybet is satan for animals

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FrankerZ

anyway, I'm not sure why PETA hates McDonald's so much, since they're #1 on my list of "least likely to have actual meat in their food"
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 510